Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 World Junior Championship Pool

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: 2017 World Junior Championship Pool

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    And people could update until the games start without issue. Editing could be locked on the day of.
    The way the file is currently rigged, that part would be a bit more difficult, as the entire files are copy-pasted, and not directly fed. Plus, each individual entry would need a particular preset (or alternatively, automatically generated) "team spot".

It would be nice, but it would also be fancy, and I'm not sure that figuring how to do it, and then prepping the file for it, is worth the slightly reduced hassle.

This is assuming that you meant using GDocs in that sophisticated manner (where there is a form that feeds a central database containing all the teams, so to speak) , instead of just an "instead of emailing, sending a GDocs link". I don't think that would be an issue, but there is the time stamping concern, that you can edit the file live, while as an attachment the time you receive it is the last possible time to update it, making it easy to compare against the deadline.

Once the file is finalized, then it's easy to host it as read-only and would be easier on my end, in that a) I can update it from my Office-less workstation, and b) I no longer have to zip an Excel file, then upload every time, just provide a link. So just moving it over makes it easier, and requires no extra work.

(on mobile)

Dobber Sports Guru

I'm just happy folks are willing to host this thing! Thanks a lot for putting in the time.
    Rep coming!
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

The Wolverine

Any suggestions on sites to use for research? Essentially what I'm looking for is a rundown of each of the countries, with a bit of analysis highlighting key areas. I guess it may still be a few days before some of these come out following rosters being finalised.

Of course on here/Dobber Prospects when there are some columns/ramblings, plus HFBoards are pretty good for information. Anywhere else you recommend? I don't need it to be too detailed i.e. player profiles, historical stats etc.

Thanks.

Dobber Sports Stud

The official WJC website has up to date rosters and does some pieces. It's not a bad place to look at.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

TEAM 1
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H, G, A, PPP, SOG, FOW, HITS, BLKS, PIM, GWG, ShG, W, SHO, GA, SV, ShL, OL
    3-6C, 3-6W, 6D, 8B, 2G, 20 farm, 3IR

C - Crosby-McDavid-Giroux-Kadri
    W - Ovechkin-Marchand-Lehkonen-Wheeler-E.Kane-Landeskog
    D - Jones-Schenn-Stone-Lindholm-Moser-Whitecloud
    G - Hellebuyck-Lindgren-Martin-Stalock

Full Keeper

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    The official WJC website has up to date rosters and does some pieces. It's not a bad place to look at.
    Quote Originally Posted by northernnuck View Post
    Thanks. Yeah I do visit that site as well to get the rosters, but wasn't aware they also did some team-by-team analysis.

Dobber Sports Stud

And the Holiday season officially begins!

Thanks for all the effort put into this, fellas. Always much appreciated.

Now to attempt the most difficult of feats: Back-to-back wins.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Thanks for organizing this draft. Love it!

Dobber Sports Titan

Do we know if there's a place to find boxscores for the prelim games? Couldn't find anything with a couple minutes of google searching.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Do we know if there's a place to find boxscores for the prelim games? Couldn't find anything with a couple minutes of google searching.
    http://www.worldjunior2017.com/en/in...hibition-games

If you click on the link of the score that is highlighted, then it will take you to a game summary. might be in the home country language though.

Dobber Sports Titan

Thanks! Home country language is English, so I think I'll manage
    I was hoping to find a full boxscore with shots and minutes, but I guess that is too much to hope for in exhibition games.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Thanks! Home country language is English, so I think I'll manage
    I was hoping to find a full boxscore with shots and minutes, but I guess that is too much to hope for in exhibition games.
    Makes sense. Sorry, I thought you were looking for all the games. Not just Canadian ones.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Makes sense. Sorry, I thought you were looking for all the games. Not just Canadian ones.
    You're completely right. I had only clicked on the Canadian game from last night before I posted. I had assumed you meant it's in the language of the home country of the tournament, not that each game had a different language to the recap. Makes sense now.

You're completely right. I had only clicked on the Canadian game from last night before I posted. I had assumed you meant it's in the language of the home country of the tournament, not that each game had a different language to the recap. Makes sense now.
    Oh yeah, sorry. And most of them are not bad. Its the Russia ones that get tricky because their lettering is different and a bit tricky to learn.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Think I have been in this every year and never won it. 2nd place and 5th once. I'm a sucker so I'm in!