View Poll Results: What Team "Wins" the Trade?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team A

5 100.00%
  • Team B

0 0%

Thread: Jonathan Drouin for a BUNDLE... Help!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Jonathan Drouin for a BUNDLE... Help!

• Salary Cap league, but they're all on low rookie contract so that is a non-factor

• Points league, where scoring is:

• Goal = 4pts

• Assist = 2pts

• HIT and SOG = 0.25pts

• Plus/Minus = + 1 point or - 1 point

• PIM = -0.1 point per PIM

Team A Gets:
    Jonathan Drouin

Team B Gets:
    Mathew Barzal
    Lawson Crouse
    Arturri Lehkonen

• What team wins in your opinion (and why if you have time)

• Is Drouin considered the best player in this deal still despite production (or lack of) so far this year?

• Any other thoughts regarding Barzal, Course, Lehkonen are welcome!

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Jonathan Drouin for a BUNDLE... Help!

I wouldnt take that for Drouin.

Barzal is the best player coming your way and isn't nearly as good as Drouin. Crouse is a 3rd liner at best and Lehkonen is a question mark himself.

PS - you dont need to make duplicate posts. It will get seen.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

That's a pretty lackluster bundle for Drouin.

I really like Barzal, but I think he's 2 years away from substantial impact (assuming NYI doesn't torpedo his development)

Dobber Sports Ace

Team A wins because of the next question. Barzal should be pretty good, but that is not a given yet. He is a playmaker, so his stats will be assist-heavy if everything goes according to plan.

Drouin is the best player in the deal.

The winner of a trade is usually the GM getting the best player. To be fair, it is a decent package but will it will pale in comparison to Drouin's numbers when he does get hot. If you add the total stats of what those three players could get once they play in the NHL it might appear that they are more valuable but you have to take into consideration the other two players that you could pick up as free agents.
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I wouldnt take that for Drouin.

Barzal is the best player coming your way and isn't nearly as good as Drouin. Crouse is a 3rd liner at best and Lehkonen is a question mark himself.

PS - you dont need to make duplicate posts. It will get seen.
    Thanks for the quick input Axeman.

I never specified who was giving up/getting Drouin - I like to keep sides out of it to begin (not that anyone in here knows me probably haha).

What it really comes down to is Drouin is playing this year (albeit on the 3rd line) while Barzal is not, and Crouse pretty much is not either with the minutes he's getting. Lehkonen was doing okay before the injury but hasn't really done a lot since returning and isn't in the top-6 like before the injury.

And I don't think it lets me post the same thread, looks like it got taken down. Makes sense. I haven't posted on here for over a year, not sure of the 'rules' anymore!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FinnishFlash View Post
    That's a pretty lackluster bundle for Drouin.

I really like Barzal, but I think he's 2 years away from substantial impact (assuming NYI doesn't torpedo his development)
    Thanks for the reply,

Yeah - I mean, after the playoffs last year, heading into this season Drouin's value and expectations were pretty high. It's not like he's lit it up this year though.

And I agree on Barzal and NYI... Look no further than Ryan Strome...

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Hank n Dank View Post
    Thanks for the quick input Axeman.

I never specified who was giving up/getting Drouin - I like to keep sides out of it to begin (not that anyone in here knows me probably haha).

What it really comes down to is Drouin is playing this year (albeit on the 3rd line) while Barzal is not, and Crouse pretty much is not either with the minutes he's getting. Lehkonen was doing okay before the injury but hasn't really done a lot since returning and isn't in the top-6 like before the injury.

And I don't think it lets me post the same thread, looks like it got taken down. Makes sense. I haven't posted on here for over a year, not sure of the 'rules' anymore!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the reply,

Yeah - I mean, after the playoffs last year, heading into this season Drouin's value and expectations were pretty high. It's not like he's lit it up this year though.

And I agree on Barzal and NYI... Look no further than Ryan Strome...
    I deleted the duplicate posts. You only need to make one.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Nehithaw View Post
    Team A wins because of the next question. Barzal should be pretty good, but that is not a given yet. He is a playmaker, so his stats will be assist-heavy if everything goes according to plan.

Drouin is the best player in the deal.

The winner of a trade is usually the GM getting the best player. To be fair, it is a decent package but will it will pale in comparison to Drouin's numbers when he does get hot. If you add the total stats of what those three players could get once they play in the NHL it might appear that they are more valuable but you have to take into consideration the other two players that you could pick up as free agents.
    Thank you for the reply,

I agree, Barzal hasn't shown it in his limited NHL time. Pretty highly touted though.

I suppose down the road it will be Drouin plus 2 mid-round draftees for the 3 players. This season roster-wise it is basically Drouin for Lehkonen since Barzal isn't playing and Crouse is getting 10mins or less per game on the 4th line and is on the 'minor league roster'

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I deleted the duplicate posts. You only need to make one.
    Oh okay. Thanks - you're on top of things in here, I love it!

My mistake - I realize it's annoying to see the same thread multiple times.

Dobber Sports Genius

Easy, I'd want the Drouin side
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

The Great One

I'm not the biggest Drouin fan but even I prefer him here
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the replies...

Maybe I'm higher on Barzal than most, being from BC.

Also maybe I'm lower on Drouin due to his antics last year and slow start...

I suppose what Drouin has going for him is that eventually Tampa will have to trade or lose some of the offensive talent due to cap reasons, and he's still on a cheap contract here this year and probably won't command a huge contract for his next one. Probably one of those "bridge" deals similar maybe to a Galchenyuk? Unless Tampa believes in him a ton and gives him a longer term deal maybe around $5m per hoping that the deal will be a bargain a couple years into it...

I do agree though that prospects, especially Barzal because in NYI and Crouse (look at his minutes) will take a while to become fantasy relevant.
    It's not like Drouin is tearing it up though...

Dobber Sports Grand Master

It's a bundle, but not a super enticing bundle. Barzal on any other team would be much more interesting.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ace

I'm not the biggest drouin guy either, but to make this deal, I think it needs to be say barzal+ crouse + a guy like drouin (at least somewhat established -already with a season or so under his belt so you at least have some "security" in the deal). I'm not sure who that guy could/would be, but maybe (since he was mentioned above) r strome type? Someone that has the potential to be a star but has not quite gotten there yet.
    As axeman said before, crouse likely will be a role player type that can fill in on a scoring line (could be decent in your format with more points for goals and some for hits etc) and barz should become a top 6 player, but neither of them have drouin a upside. So I think you need someone coming back that is close to drouin as far as upside to make it close