Thread: Interested in Writing About Fantasy Hockey?

I...am your father.

Default Interested in Writing About Fantasy Hockey?

I have a writer who is on vacation for three weeks. And like I usually do, I go into the Black Aces section to find someone to pinch hit. I'll go into the section and read through a few articles and find a suitable candidate. This is how I discovered, most recently, Scott Maran. Maran pinch hit for several writers over the last year and a half and did a great job, and so the first spot that opened up - he got it. He now pens Sunday's Geek of the Week.

Anyway, if you're at all interested, please pen your thoughts in this section in article form. It may take me a year or even two years. But if you're good you'll be discovered and you'll get your shot. I do have a temp (three week) spot available in a couple of weeks. Hopefully there will be some articles I can look at. Thank you!

The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Interested in Writing About Fantasy Hockey?

Where do we find this Black Aces section?

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Where do we find this Black Aces section?

Thanks!
    It's in the Writers Corner, right below the General Discussion tab in the ''Other Stuff'' forums:
    http://forums.dobbersports.com/forum...hockey-writers

Make it happen PH
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    It's in the Writers Corner, right below the General Discussion tab in the ''Other Stuff'' forums:
    http://forums.dobbersports.com/forum...hockey-writers

Make it happen PH
    Thanks Bass! I would REP for this but I repped you yesterday and it says that I have to be nice and share with others!

Now I just have to determine an article idea to write about... hmmm....

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Thanks Bass! I would REP for this but I repped you yesterday and it says that I have to be nice and share with others!

Now I just have to determine an article idea to write about... hmmm....
    You could write about Hattrick Laine, the fastest gun in the West. Hardly anything has been written about him!

1st in Goals, 5th in Points. 1st in PPG, and most importantly 1st in our hearts here in Winnipeg.
    14 Team Head to Head(Fantrax)
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-1 SKATER-6 or 7 BENCH
    Salary Cap-$119,250.000

C-N Backstrom/R Johansen/A Kempe/S Monahan
    LW-J Guentzel-J Huberdeau-C-N Niederreiter
    RW-B Boeser-P Buchnevich-K Fiala-T Wilson
    Skater-Z Smith
    D-J Carlson-J Faulk-S Johns-M Matheson-R Ristolainen-M Stone
    BENCH-A Burakovsky-N Goldobin-O Kase-J Puljujarvi-R-J Vrana-M Mueller
    G-F Andersen-J Quick-B Elliot-J Saros

Prospects:
    J Ang-J F Karlsson-D Gambrell-F Gauthier-J Kyrou-T-A Bjork-I Chekhovich-E Cernak-D-J Larsson-J Schmaltz
    V Husso-J Oettinger

2018 DRAFT-SELECTING 9TH
    Noah Dobson-Jake Wise-Akil Thomas-Jonathan Tychonick-Blake McLaughlin

I...am your father.

Hopefully we get a couple of articles in here for me to look at. Eric has an Eastern Edge for tomorrow, but then he's off for three weeks. Get yourself on DobberHockey!

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Hopefully we get a couple of articles in here for me to look at. Eric has an Eastern Edge for tomorrow, but then he's off for three weeks. Get yourself on DobberHockey!
    Not sure if you have done it already, but it would be worth promoting this in the ramblings as well. This section is rarely advertised so perhaps it needs that boost for increased exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I am working on an article. I had not really thought about writing before I saw this post last week. I want to be patient with my first one. I do not want to write an article without putting great thought into it when it is on a 'try-out' basis.

I...am your father.

It's too late to get in subbing this week's Eastern Edge. But I'll keep my eye in this section and perhaps an aspiring writer will jump and and show their stuff! The next two weeks are still wide open