Thread: One month in...time to panic?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default One month in...time to panic?

So currently my one year team looks like this:
    (league counts standard cats + hits and blocks)

F: Pavelski, Kucherov, Perry, Kopitar, Forsberg, Simmonds, B. Schenn, Lucic
    D: Burns, Doughty, Yandle, Krug
    G: Bishop, Varlamov

I know I don't actually need to full out panic cause I've got so many slumping players, but I have dug myself a pretty hefty hole and sit 6th out of 8 in my league. I'm worried about my goalie situation with Bishop only starting 2/3 games and Colorado sucking. Also worried about Lucic's breakup from McJesus. So I have 2 options:

A) Drop Lucic and Varly for 2 goalies (the bench position would become filled by a goalie) cause I'm behind in every GK category. Available are Elliot, Murray, Lehner, Andersen

B) Shop around my wealth of forwards for a better goalie. Currently targeting Allen or Jones but it looks like I'll have to give up at least a Perry in the deal

Sorry for the long post. All advice is super appreciated, even just saying A or B thanks

The Magnificent One

Default Re: One month in...time to panic?

Still think it's too early to full on panic and start making drastic moves. Me personally I holding out another week but cannot hurt to put out fliers see who bites.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Titan

In an 8 team league, probably too early to panic. Especially if it's H2H.
    You have a solid team, but I do think you could do well upgrading your second goalie. The other option if you have enough moves would just be to stream goalies based on #of games and matchups, since there are a bunch of starters available.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Pro

Going to have lots of ups and downs with varly( why I did not draft him this year. First time in 3 years). There will be good goalies on the wire, keep your eye on them and stream the hot goalie, ultimately you may be able to keep a breakout candidate as the season progresses. Same thing with skaters, don't be afraid to rotate in the hot player. I have Werenski, Amisimov, Marchasualt, Rakell, Ehlers all off the wire and right now all are too hot to drop.
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Prodigy

It is too early to do serious panicking. The Varly situation scares me as I see Pickard getting many more starts in the future, so you should keep a close eye on him.

Dobber Sports Master

Don't panic, but I also see your goalie situation as the biggest area of concern, and you may want to put some ideas out there amongst your fellow GMs to see what is available and for whom.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy