Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: Thursday Night Football

  1. #1
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

    Default Thursday Night Football

    Man.....it sucks.

    I tried looking for a breakdown of the stats or scoring in those games but it's pretty hard. But it seems like every week it's a disappointment. I understand why they choose to do another night of primetime NFL, but I wish they wouldn't.

  2. #2
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Juggernaut

    Default Re: Thursday Night Football

    4 days just isn't enough time for bodies to properly heal and for teams to properly prepare. Especially when Monday is normally an off day and Thursday is just a quick walk through.

  3. #3
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

    Default Re: Thursday Night Football

    id love to see a breakdown from 1st to 2nd half in these games.

  4. #4
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default Re: Thursday Night Football

    It’s terrible. I don’t even watch anymore. The issue is it’s the latest they could do an NFL game during the week besides Sunday’s. Friday is high school football, and Saturday is college.

    I don’t even watch it anymore.
    12 team, H2H, 6 keeper league (Keepers in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, FW
    W, GAA, S%, Saves
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G

  5. #5
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

    Default Re: Thursday Night Football

    Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    It’s terrible. I don’t even watch anymore. The issue is it’s the latest they could do an NFL game during the week besides Sunday’s. Friday is high school football, and Saturday is college.

    I don’t even watch it anymore.
    It's too bad. I do love those late season Saturday night games....or Saturday night during the playoffs.

  6. #6
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Legend

    Default Re: Thursday Night Football

    Yup they should eliminate Thursday night game and put one more game on in the Thursday middle game slot. Why there is a tonne of games that start at 1PM eastern and then only a few games at 4 eastern makes little sense to me.

  7. #7
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default Re: Thursday Night Football

    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    It's too bad. I do love those late season Saturday night games....or Saturday night during the playoffs.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports...ng_Act_of_1961

    Blackouts broadcasting rights during October/November. Which essentially removes NFL from playing those days.

    Which is why a moving Thursday games to Saturday wouldn’t happen for the full season. They’ll always have Thursday games now, and they’ve just moved a Sunday game to Saturday during December-January.
    12 team, H2H, 6 keeper league (Keepers in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, FW
    W, GAA, S%, Saves
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G

  8. #8
    Location
    Sudbury, Ontario
    Rep Power
    40

    Administrator

    Default Re: Thursday Night Football

    In my ideal world all games would be on Sunday. Everyone has equal time to prepare for next week. But in the NFL the pockets of the people upstairs are more important than the players.


    Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

  9. #9
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default Re: Thursday Night Football

    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Yup they should eliminate Thursday night game and put one more game on in the Thursday middle game slot. Why there is a tonne of games that start at 1PM eastern and then only a few games at 4 eastern makes little sense to me.
    The 4:30pm games are usually the home games to Western teams. So it’s a 12:30-1:30pm start time in their timezone.
    12 team, H2H, 6 keeper league (Keepers in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, FW
    W, GAA, S%, Saves
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G

  10. #10
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

    Default Re: Thursday Night Football

    Oh my good lord these Seahawks jerseys are atrocious!!!

  11. #11
    Location
    Chicago
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Genius

    Default Re: Thursday Night Football

    If they are going to keep these games then it should only be from teams coming off of byes. Go back to giving 2 byes. And you only start them after Nov 1.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Keller, Trocheck, RThomas, Schmaltz, Turris, Krejci, Little, Galyenchuk, Coyle
    RW- Stone, Vorachek, Toffoli, Wilson, Necas, Kaspanen
    LW- Skinner, Tatar, Kubalik, Johansson, Roussel,
    D- Hughes, Ristolainen, McAvoy, Barrie, Doughty, Heiskanen, Spurgeon, Cernack
    G- Andersen, Demko, Shesterkin, Khahkonen, Crawford, Blackwood, Talbot

    Notable Prospects- Zegras, Podskovin, Newhook, Broberg, Glass, Hayton, Bokk, Wahlstrom, Dorofeyev, Blatherson, Elvenes, LBrown, Valimaki, Berggren, Bemstrom, Anunumen, Alnefelt, Norris

  12. #12
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default Re: Thursday Night Football

    The jerseys looked like a green screen. What LSD addict created these jerseys?
    12 team, H2H, 6 keeper league (Keepers in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, FW
    W, GAA, S%, Saves
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G

  13. #13
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

    Default Re: Thursday Night Football

    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Man.....it sucks.

    I tried looking for a breakdown of the stats or scoring in those games but it's pretty hard. But it seems like every week it's a disappointment. I understand why they choose to do another night of primetime NFL, but I wish they wouldn't.
    Not sure how I remembered this thread but 3 years later...TNF still blows.

  14. #14
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default Re: Thursday Night Football

    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Not sure how I remembered this thread but 3 years later...TNF still blows.
    Have you been watching The Legend grow tonight?

  15. #15
    Location
    Ottawa
    Rep Power
    50

    The Great One

    Default Re: Thursday Night Football

    I love Thursday night football. A bonus night to watch football.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •