Thread: McKinnon for Eifert

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default McKinnon for Eifert

10 team Standard scoring league start 2 RB and one flex

my Rbs - Lacy Ingram Gordon and McKinnon
    my TE - Pitta (had to stop Thomas because he was not playing)

should I trade McKinnon for Eifert

Or should I keep McKinnon and just stream tight ends for the year. Hopefully grab Thomas when he is back.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: McKinnon for Eifert

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...th-back-injury

Might not want to be going for Eifert just yet…
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Expert

I'd do the deal to get Eifert. His value will be lower while he is sidelined but definitely will be on the rise once he is back in the action. You're making this move for strength later in the season/playoffs and given your RBs, you have enough depth to do so. Then drop Pitta and pick up another RB.

--Edit--
    Like DeAndre Washington who will be the starting back in Oakland this weekend and gets a juicy matchup with San Diego.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

With this recent injury news how long until Eifert is back?

Two other thoughts I had:

1) Pick up Thomas now that he is guaranteed to start next week and just play Pitt this week.
    2) Pick up Hunter Henry this week play him. Use waiver claim on Thomas next week and if I do not get him, revisit the Eifert trade. The other owner is a Vikings fan so he really wants Mckinnon.

Does one of these seem like a better option?

Dobber Sports Expert

I'd rather own Eifert than Thomas...both are injury risks but I don't trust Thomas as much. Eifert getting mixed reviews on whether he is playing or not which makes everything more dicey. Lacy and Gordon are not great but serviceable this week. I'd be more tempted to do the deal now and get it over with. Then again, in football I don't like to wait on trades since injuries are always a high possibility (especially for RBs) that this offer might not be available to you in 3 days.

Only issue with Henry is if Gates (questionable) plays, it'll cut into his ability to get targets (he'll still play but will be used more as a blocker).