Thread: Drafting tonight, final keeper slot

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Drafting tonight, final keeper slot

Had tossed this out back in July but now that World Cup is over and preseason is nearing its end, thought I would give it one last ping as we draft later tonight (Sunday).

Am in 7 team, 12-year old ESPN keeper league where we can keep 4. We draft 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G and 4 bench. Our categories are G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, W, SV%, GAA and SO. Everyone is keeping four so round 5 is our first to draft in this season.

My full roster from last year to choose keepers from is in my sig below. My initial take was to go with: McDavid-C, Benn-LW, Burns-D and Tavares-C. As the hours get closer to drafting, am overthinking myself on Tavares in the final slot and leaning toward Tarasenko-RW. Basing that on him being the second RW in ESPN's pre-ranks (so he will go in our first drafting round) and as it would give me one stud in each of the four skater positions.

Appreciate any last minute thoughts. Thanks in advance.
    Ken
    League: 8-team ESPN Cats Roto Keeper (4)
    Positions: 2C,2LW,2RW,4D,2G,4Bench,4IR
    Categories: G,A,PIM,PPP,SOG,HIT,BLK;W,GAA,SV,SV%

C-McDavid, MacKinnon
    LW-B.Tkachuk(&C), Giroux(&C), Caufield(&RW)
    RW-M.Tkachuk(&LW), Perron, Nichuskin(&LW)
    D-Weeger, R.Andersson, Streamer1, Streamer2
    G-Kuemper, Francouz, Husso, Lehner{IR}

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Drafting tonight, final keeper slot

That's a tough one. You're not overthinking this. I may go Tarasenko simply because it's harder to find high-scoring wingers than high-scoring centers. It might not be all that crazy to go Tavares over Burns, simply because it will be hard for Burns to replicate all that he did last season, while Tavares is more of a known quantity. Plus consider age - Burns is now on the other side of 30, while the others are all in their 20s.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Titan

It's tough to drop Tavares, but I think the other four bring more relative value.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

As face offs aren't included I don't see the point of having a surplus of Cs so I would actually prefer to have Tarasenko over Tavares here
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Genius

I think Tavares and Tarasenko are pretty even in value so I'd keep Tarasenko since he's a winger and you're already keeping a center

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Funny because I was thinking that and was curious to see if other would too. And it seems EVERYONE thinks the same thing.