Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Yahoo Daily Fantasy

Default Re: Yahoo Daily Fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    The GOOD: Well... the Anderson call was correct. OTT shut out VAN, top goalie.
    The BAD: All the skaters (save Wennberg, Foligno) were awful... Corey Perry actually had 0.0pts.
    The UGLY: Busy dad/husband night means I didn't check in on hockey to find out John Gibson was NOT starting. He actually did come into the game in the 2nd... AND played well... but too little too late.

Even with the complete bomb on skaters and the Gibson partial game... I finished 27 out of 47 entries.
    Note: The contest did NOT fill up, which means Yahoo! did not even get their full $114 for the $100 contest, they only got $94.

Top 20 paid... and I scored 55.0pts, just short of "the money" at 57.5pts.
    Had I gone with almost any other healthy goalie (Budaj, M.Jones, Bobrovsky), I would've placed.

The "Late Games" contest is definitely a good place to bet - considering Yahoo! has "Guaranteed to Run" contests that are not filling up.

Might have to try again tonight.
    The 7pm contest has 4 NHL games. Right now there are 11/57 and 9/23 in those contests: incl. 7 "Veterans"
    The 8pm contest has 3 NHL games. Right now there are 4/57 and 5/23 in those contests: incl. 3 "Veterans"
    The 10pm contest has 2 NHL games. Right now there are 3/57 and 3/23 in those contests: incl. just 1 "Veteran", named MAMBA.

So... it definitely seems there is Eastern-cost bias towards pure entry.
    And I like the odds of a contest less likely to fill up.

More on tonight's picks later...
    MON (Montoya) @ NYI (Halak), 7pm
    BOS (??????) @ NYR (Lundqvist), 8pm
    WAS (Holtby) @ Edmonton (Talbot), 9:30pm
    NAS (Rinne) @ Anaheim (Gibson), 10:30pm
    Shoot, too bad!
    I wish I could enter these Yahoo "guaranteed to run" contests, love when the odds are in my favor!
    I picked up Montoya for a spot-start in a roto league, however, I think he may be the highest drafted goalie in DFS tonight.
    I think the EDM guys may be highly drafted too, maybe more than WAS (oddly enough making WAS a bit of an underdog pick?????).
    I don't feel overly confident about any of the games tonight, will probably enter a few $1 double and triple ups just to get a feel for things again this season!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

^Did you cash in on your T.Hall/Zacha picks last night??? That had to net you something!

One neat thing I learned last night - Effect of Late-Goalie Change!
    So, myself, and SEVERAL others picked John Gibson (ANA) - who did NOT start.
    Well... think about this... there were only THREE games going - and a default "starter" didn't go.

Of the 49 teams: 16.3% picked John Gibson... that's 8 teams. Those are the SUCKERS, myself included.
    That effectively reduces the pool of teams "with a shot" to 41 teams.

Some thoughts on tonight.
    7:00pm. MON @ NYI. Montreal has been playing super well, especially their 2nd line. Greiss in net for NYI. I can't honestly say I have a good feeling about this game - because the line I like (MON line #2) was hot last game and will likely be heavily picked tonight.

8:00pm. BOS @ NYR. Two lines of thought here: i) NYR (Lundqvist) should be a heavy favourite against Zane McIntyre and the Backes-less Bruins. That also means that going with NYR forwards, including new Nash line-mate Vesey, might make for smart picks. If I'm just trying to "place in the money", I'd probably go with this. ii) In a "mass-entry" (100+) pool where I'm trying to finish 1st... I think one considers bucking the masses and going with McIntyre(BOS) to steal the game. NYR is a big fave at -190.

9:30pm. WAS @ EDM. WAS has new lines going to West Coast. Bura-Kuz-OV and MarJo-NB-Oshie. If you are going with WAS skaters, I guess you gotta pick one. For EDM, you're either going Lucic-McD-Eberle... or you're not. Though there is nothing wrong with rostering just McD. A sneaky pick is Kris Russell because BLK are worth 1pt and he tallies those. Tough winner to pick. I like WAS because I think they can smartly match the McD line and not get burned by the others. WAS is fave at -140.

10:30pm. NAS @ ANA. Game is considered even, though nobody knows if Getzlaf's block shot in arm will keep him out of line-up. We do know Bernier is out, so Gibson SHOULD be a lock to start. If Getzlaf can't go... the patch C1 is Antoine Vermette - who got shifted up there last night. Might be a cheap option if somebody goes back to the Ritchie-Perry option... though that failed for me last night. Or ANA could move Kesler up there and put Vermette on Kesler's line #2... but usually if it's temporary, the coach will just not bust up his other lines, so it may be Vermette. NAS is still rolling Viktor Arvidsson up on line 1 with RyJo & Neal. That's another possible play.

I'm gonna enter either the 3-game 8:30 entry... or the 2-game 9:30 entry...
    Just not sure which one yet.

^Did you cash in on your T.Hall/Zacha picks last night??? That had to net you something!.
    Yeah, I did well with that lineup but there were so many guys last night that performed VERY well and the NJ guys were actually highly drafted suprisingly!
    I made $17 last night, not bad.

My team was:
    Zacha (5)
    Hall (10.5)
    Palmieri (0.5 ouch)
    Zajac (8)
    Severson (5)
    Schneider (5.6)
    Voracek (3.2)
    Pavelski (6.5)
    Burns (4)

This guy won $2,500
    Stamkos (11.5)
    Zacha (5)
    Hall (10.5)
    Kucherov (10.5)
    Namestnikov (6)
    Stralman (3)
    Suter (8)
    Bishop (8)
    Shattenkirk (4)

- - - Updated - - -

It's too bad I can't play Yahoo, I'd love to compare apples to apples here and figure out some sweet picks together!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

$2500!
    How many entries in that pool?
    What cost per entry?

I'll guess...
    500 entry... $20 fee?

$2500!
    How many entries in that pool?
    What cost per entry?

I'll guess...
    500 entry... $20 fee?
    19,000 entries ($3 entry fee)!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by dooley89 View Post
    19,000 entries ($3 entry fee)!
    Jeez... there are 19,000 people playing Daily Fantasy Hockey?
    On... Draft Kings... is it?

Ha - Yahoo's "BIG" entry pool is there $1 entry fee, 568 max entries pool.
    I like that Yahoo has "single entry" only for $1 and $2 league... and caps them at 114 entries and 57 entries.
    It basically keeps all the BIG FISH away.

Gosh... I'm starting to remember how much I loved crunching the numbers towards betting.

Side Note on Betting for Pengwin in USA:
    Someday... when I buy that big house and can "Itemize Deductions" on my tax returns... I'll get back into betting the bigger bucks.
    In the US - Betting Losses are different from Betting Gains ("Income")... so I have to be able to "Itemize" to justify "Paying" to "Lose".

Going with your BOS upset idea (I like this idea as my biggest wins happen with upsets).
    I could enter something like this:

Krejci, Marchand, Pastrnak, Carlo, Chara, McIntyre
    McDavid, Lucic, Pitlick(my go big or go home pick)
    Kesler

Dobber Sports Demi-God

BTW - here's a snippet of my minimal Yahoo contest history:
    Attachment 3537

Jeez... there are 19,000 people playing Daily Fantasy Hockey?
    On... Draft Kings... is it?
    Tonight there is an $150 entry (1,111 entries) first place gets $25,000.
    I will enter the $3 entry (15.6k entries) $1,000 to first. (Top 5,000 get paid).

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by dooley89 View Post
    Going with your BOS upset idea (I like this idea as my biggest wins happen with upsets).
    I could enter something like this:

Krejci, Marchand, Pastrnak, Carlo, Chara, McIntyre
    McDavid, Lucic, Pitlick(my go big or go home pick)
    Kesler
    Nice, though aside from Krejci's PP1 time, I think he's centering Heinen & Beleskey, yuck.
    I'd find a way to get Bergeron in there... who should be eating an absolute TON of minutes.
    Maybe sub in Vermette-for-Kesler, if Vermette happens to get that C1 spot for just tonight (Getzlaf being out possibly).

Nice, though aside from Krejci's PP1 time, I think he's centering Heinen & Beleskey, yuck.
    I'd find a way to get Bergeron in there... who should be eating an absolute TON of minutes.
    Maybe sub in Vermette-for-Kesler, if Vermette happens to get that C1 spot for just tonight (Getzlaf being out possibly).
    I wrote too many players lol oops.
    I can go Bergeron, Marchand, Pastrnak, Pitlick, Chara, Carlo, McIntyre, McDavid, Vermette.

Here is last nights entries for me.
    Untitled-1.jpg

Dobber Sports Demi-God

^That's a nice list.
    I often dream about a "night job" with a bunch of guys just getting together in a room surrounded hockey games/computers and shooting the shit (live) about choices for hockey players.
    Trying to beat the system/pros. Hockey is still an underknowledged betting market for "Daily"... I think. Actually a bit to our advantage that the footballers and baseballers probably have the itch to participate.
    In our favour...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I play over on fanduel - usually $3 entries 3-4 times per week.

Last night won $15 off of:

Zacha (19.7), Stamkos (44.8), Hall (41), Kucherov (41.3), Tank (11.7), Tatar (3.2 d'oh), Shattenkirk (15.7), Severson (20.2), Hutton (8.8).

Total of 206.40

Winners of $7,500 each (shared $15k, each had 246.20 with different lineups) had:
    A: Stamkos, Matthews (26.9), Larkin (28.8), Nyquist (9.6), Nylander (31.6), Kucherov, Severson, Shatty, Mrazek (27.2)
    B: Matthews, Stamkos, Nylander, Kucherov, Namestnikov, Hall, Hedman (13.6), Zaitsev (11.2), Miller (12)

19607 entries total.

Dubnyk (same salary) instead of Hutton would have won me $500. Efff...soooo close.

I typically try to nab 2-3 players (2 linemates, or 2 linemates + D) from 2-3 teams playing porous D/G. I tend to focus on guys that have been getting high TOI and PPTOI (together) who are due for a breakout (typically low(er) ownership numbers). I usually play on days with less than 5 games, but sometimes take a chance when I've got a good feeling about a night (ie last night, with NJ and TB).

Tonight: Kuz, Nelson, Arvidsson, Ovi, Neal, Burakovsky, Ellis, Carlson, Rinne

go go gadget big win
    Yahoo 12 team H2H Keeper (Keep 7 vets; 3 prospects (Skater < 201 GP; Goalie < 101GP)

Categories: G, A, P, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW, Hits, Blocks, W, GAA, Sv% Saves

Start 3LW, 3C, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 8Bn

C: Crosby, RNH, Stepan, Faksa
    LW: Ovechkin, Benn, Jenner (c), Komarov (c, rw), Dano
    RW: Voracek (lw), Neal, Hornqvist, Silfverberg, Buchnevich (lw), Boeser
    D: Karlsson, Letang, Ellis, Muzzin, Slavin, Boychuk
    G: Price, Bernier, Grubauer, Pickard

^That's a nice list.
    I often dream about a "night job" with a bunch of guys just getting together in a room surrounded hockey games/computers and shooting the shit (live) about choices for hockey players.
    Trying to beat the system/pros. Hockey is still an underknowledged betting market for "Daily"... I think. Actually a bit to our advantage that the footballers and baseballers probably have the itch to participate.
    In our favour...
    Yeah, couple of my buddies get into draft kings but they only play $0.25 entries, I know a couple guys who go all out for NFL though but I don't know enough about it.
    I feel like the field of play on Yahoo is much more ready to be taken advantage of than draft kings, especially with the guaranteed to run contests.

I think if you're a big hockey DFS guy you are on draftkings or fanduel, not yahoo.

Well, BOS/WAS was not the way to go last night!