Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Final MLB dilemma for Eskimo Bro

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Final MLB dilemma for Eskimo Bro

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    If you do wait until Saturday to pick up 3 SP though, you may be able to catch him off guard and steal Ks from him.
    Sorry to barge in on your little tête-à-tête

I read through your posts and I was going to suggest this as well. I need to surpass the guy that's ahead of me in K's but I know if he sees me add some SP's early on, he will react accordingly and ''negate'' my additional stats that would be produced by these pickups. However, if I wait until the last minute and load up on pitchers who can give me K's, he will most likely focus on other cats as he will think that the current trend/pace will continue until the end.

Best of luck HR; as EB says, you have a few options so make it happen!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post

I read through your posts and I was going to suggest this as well. I need to surpass the guy that's ahead of me in K's but I know if he sees me add some SP's early on, he will react accordingly and ''negate'' my additional stats that would be produced by these pickups. However, if I wait until the last minute and load up on pitchers who can give me K's, he will most likely focus on other cats as he will think that the current trend/pace will continue until the end.

Sweet thanks man. That was only in reference to only EB commenting on 80% of my MLB posts this year.

Dobber Sports Titan

Haha, always nice to get some extra thoughts!
    Glad that piece of logic makes sense. I take it you're in the same boat with a close week that just needs a swing category or two?

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Sweet thanks man. That was only in reference to only EB commenting on 80% of my MLB posts this year.
    80%? You mean I missed some?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Haha, always nice to get some extra thoughts!
    Glad that piece of logic makes sense. I take it you're in the same boat with a close week that just needs a swing category or two?

80%? You mean I missed some?
    I said ONLY EB.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I said ONLY EB.
    Apparently I'm slightly dyslexic today. I read that as "EB only commented on 80% of them"
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Giant

Hehe pretty much

It's crunch time; every night, every game, heck every inning counts!
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey

Dobber Sports Titan

Hehe pretty much

It's crunch time; every night, every game, heck every inning counts!
    Yeah! I've got three leagues in the semis right now, and all three are within two categories (winning 2, down 5-4 in the other). I'm hoping to get a little separation before the weekend so I can sort out what my play is moving forward.

Dobber Sports Giant

Yeah! I've got three leagues in the semis right now, and all three are within two categories (winning 2, down 5-4 in the other). I'm hoping to get a little separation before the weekend so I can sort out what my play is moving forward.
    Holy smokes! Leagues, posts, articles... god knows what else! How many hours are in your day? Normal humans on earth have 24

Minors:

Dobber Sports Titan

Holy smokes! Leagues, posts, articles... god knows what else! How many hours are in your day? Normal humans on earth have 24
    Unfortunately I had two of my baseball teams that I took over partway into the season, that weren't able to come back enough to make the playoffs.
    Normal humans actually sleep
    Working towards my Civil engineering undergrad takes up most of the rest of the time.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Well.....it's Friday......6-5 him

R: 17-13 Me
    HR: 2-5 Him
    RBI: 4-10 Him (lol yes....4 RBI this week for me)
    SB: 4-1 Me
    BB: 15-7 Me
    Avg: .195-.241 Him
    W: 2-3 Him
    K: 26-31 Him
    ERA: 1.89-2.87 Me
    WHIP: 1.16-0.80 Him
    Sv+H: 5-2 Me

He has....Fri: Archer @TB, Sat Peacock vs LAA, Sun Lester vs StL and Jose vs Atl

I have....Sat: Kershaw vs Col, Quintana @ Clev, Ventura @ Det, Sun: Peralta vs Cin

I have 1 move. He has 3 moves. There are not many solid SP on the wire......

Dobber Sports Titan

Well you might as well use the move on a heavy K guy, right? I don't see any other way that really makes sense. That's a rough week for AVG and RBI though.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Well you might as well use the move on a heavy K guy, right? I don't see any other way that really makes sense. That's a rough week for AVG and RBI though.
    If I were to say that I doubled my week long RBI on one Friday...I'd be ecstatic......but I did double it and now I have 8 RBI! Look out!

Yes that is my likely route. No one really of interest today though. Reaaaaaaaaaaaallly hate Brandon Finnegan....rumored to be shut down but now starting tomorrow. Guess you were right about waiting to make moves.

Dobber Sports Titan

If it makes you feel any better, I somehow missed starting Scherzer AND Kluber on the same night earlier this week, so I'm chasing SP categories in one of my league. Finnegan was my first pickup this morning for tomorrow.
    I assume Bundy isn't available in your league?

Dobber Sports Immortal

If it makes you feel any better, I somehow missed starting Scherzer AND Kluber on the same night earlier this week, so I'm chasing SP categories in one of my league. Finnegan was my first pickup this morning for tomorrow.
    I assume Bundy isn't available in your league?
    Nope.

Top available guys today are Ross @ Pit, Blair @ Mia, Cody Anderson vs CWS......yuck. I mean I could go Anderson and hope he or Quintana get a win.....

Or tomorrow....Eduardo Rodriguez @ TB, Boyd vs KC, Glasnow vs Nats, Finnegan @ Mil (ugh).

Dobber Sports Titan

Oh, you have the ability to pick up for the same day… Interesting. Are you still within 1 on wins?
    I would narrow it down to Ross, Anderson, Rodriguez or Finnegan. It's such a hit of miss thing though. I usually just try to go for the best matchup, as that seems to have worked best for me this season.