Thread: NHL Fantasy Hockey 2016-2017: Team Schedules by Week, Night of the Week, and Fantasy Playoffs

Dobber Sports Novice

Default NHL Fantasy Hockey 2016-2017: Team Schedules by Week, Night of the Week, and Fantasy Playoffs

This is a good interactive spreadsheet that shows schedules for all NHL teams this coming season. Shows games by week, allows customization to show playoff weeks, and also shows games by day of the week which can help you maximize efficiency in terms of minimizing sitting players on those busy Thursday and Saturday nights!

http://4fandfurther.com/2016/09/15/n...ntasy-playoffs

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: NHL Fantasy Hockey 2016-2017: Team Schedules by Week, Night of the Week, and Fantasy Playoffs

I think you have the wrong spreadsheet there...

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Re: NHL Fantasy Hockey 2016-2017: Team Schedules by Week, Night of the Week, and Fantasy Playoffs

You are 100% correct. I have updated it. Thanks for pointing it out rather than just shaking your head to yourself

Dobber Sports Star

Beautiful, love it! I wait for someone to do something similar to this every year, but you're months ahead of schedule. The only thing that could improve it would be if you were to indicate the # of off-night games teams have during the playoff weeks. If you have the time, that is

Dobber Sports Titan

Thanks! I did a quick google search and was soon going to put together one of my own of these since I couldn't find anything useful.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by fsvalidus View Post
    This is a good interactive spreadsheet that shows schedules for all NHL teams this coming season. Shows games by week, allows customization to show playoff weeks, and also shows games by day of the week which can help you maximize efficiency in terms of minimizing sitting players on those busy Thursday and Saturday nights!

http://4fandfurther.com/2016/09/15/n...ntasy-playoffs

Very nice work! (Some REP)
    One tool that I've long thought would be beneficial is a "DENSITY" chart.
    Say you had an excel sheet with every day of the hockey calendar across the top. (x-axis)
    And you had every team going down Column A (y-axis).

You take any given day, say November 16... and you "score it" by the number of games on the following days.
    Then you "MAP" it with a number and color - for both numerical and visual representation.

For those of us in DAILY-SET leagues, there is huge value in knowing when you are going to get 5 games in 7 nights... or 6 in 9... or 7 in 11... from a player.
    So you have one sheet that simply has 1s and 0s for each team on any given day.
    Then you use a second sheet to "MAP" high & low densities.

In each cell, I'd consider making a three-value mark: #gp in next7, #gp in next9, #gp in next 11.
    So, for BOS, maybe on Nov.16, you see the cell and it says 4-5-7.
    Then you figure out how to colour the cell.

If teams have a LOT of games up coming... you make it maybe shaded green (for 5+gp in next 7), maybe shaded green with green-BOLD font (for 6+ in next 9), maybe shaded deep green with white-BOLD font (if 7+ in next 11). i.e. HIGH DENSITY.
    You do the same things for FEW games up coming... maybe shaded red / shaded red-BOLD red font / shaded DEEP RED-white font.

So this way, you've got all teams, with a full calendar on one Excel sheet.
    It becomes a simple visual scan... you move across the calendar and POP - who's that big deep green team on October 27th... Vancouver... OK, load up on those players that day to get lots of games played over next week.

There's a project for you... if you are interested!
    I've always wanted to do this sort of thing - but no longer have the deep time for it.

[n.b. This post probably best suited for the "ONE-YEAR" forums area, because that would be applicable for singular year roster management. Great work.]

Dobber Sports Novice

Oh man that certainly would be a project. I'm not sure that I have enough time for that but it is definitely a good idea. Have you ever seen it made?

Dobber Sports Novice

You found it on google? Anything else you were looking for that you could not find?