Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: [Rumor] Kucherov to KHL

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: [Rumor] Kucherov to KHL

Sorry for not putting [RUMOR] in front of the title and giving Kucherov owners a heart attack. I specifically put this thread in "NHL Trade Rumors" thinking people would understand.

I agree that this is a negotiating ploy by Kucherov's agent and he is not really serious about going to KHL.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iwinthings View Post
    Kucherov can be replaced a heck of a lot easier than Gaudreau. Yes, losing Kucherov would be unfortunate, but losing Gaudreau would be a colossal disaster for the Flames.
    Really? 30 goals and 65+ points can be replaced?
    Gaudreau is definitely a solid player that the Flames need, but I don't see him as any more important to their success than Kucherov is to the Bolts's.

42 points in 45 playoff games for a team with Cup aspirations is pretty darn irreplaceable.

I'm sorry, but if the Flames walked from Gaudreau, they'd simply rebuild for another year.
    If the Bolts lose Kucherov, they're missing a legit shot at the Cup -- and that doesn't happen often.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Really? 30 goals and 65+ points can be replaced?
    Gaudreau is definitely a solid player that the Flames need, but I don't see him as any more important to their success than Kucherov is to the Bolts's.

42 points in 45 playoff games for a team with Cup aspirations is pretty darn irreplaceable.

I'm sorry, but if the Flames walked from Gaudreau, they'd simply rebuild for another year.
    If the Bolts lose Kucherov, they're missing a legit shot at the Cup -- and that doesn't happen often.
    Replaced easier than Gaudreau yes.

Dobber Sports Monster

Every year we get one or more of these rumors about fleeing to the KHL. It's almost foolery for a GM to take the bait on this stuff, especially Steve Yzerman!

Maybe Jim Benning would get rattled by this and go crazy but not Steve Yzerman, he won't budge or cave into what he needs to do or not do.

Dobber Sports Genius

He won't go to the KHL, its just a convenient negotiating ploy.

Also, he isn't even close to easily replaceable. Take him off the team and the top two RWs are who? Callahan and Brown? Barf..

23 year olds who have scored mid 60s for points in the two prior seasons aren't a dime a dozen and they don't grow on trees. As far as cliches go they're the cats ass. Johnny Hockey certainly fits the bill too, but neither are very replaceable and its why they can both reasonably request large salaries despite having little in the way of leverage.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Monster

I'm hoping to see a huge offer sheet given to him. That's the stuff I like to see lol

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    I'm hoping to see a huge offer sheet given to him. That's the stuff I like to see lol
    I suppose its plausible in a certain scenario. If a bad team made an offer high enough to trigger the three 1st round draft pick recompense, and those picks had a reasonable expectation of being pretty high, It might be tempting to think about. The money you save allows you to re-sign Bishop. You put Namestnikov in Kucherov's old spot and you bring up Brayden Point as well.

0.0001% chance of happening. Maybe less.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    23 year olds who have scored mid 60s for points in the two prior seasons aren't a dime a dozen and they don't grow on trees. As far as cliches go they're the cats ass. Johnny Hockey certainly fits the bill too, but neither are very replaceable and its why they can both reasonably request large salaries despite having little in the way of leverage.
    This right here. Neither Gaudreau or Kuch are replaceable for their teams. They're both budding superstars. Replace a guy like Derrick Brassard or Radim Vrbata? Sure. Replacing a youngster who has already put up 65+ and could potentially play PPG hockey for six to eight more years? Nope, not happening any time soon.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Wizard

I actually agree that Tampa could live without Kucherov. What I mean is that their top-9 would still be pretty damn good, and when you add Hedman-Stralman and Bishop/Vasilevskiy, that team is still solid.

Killorn-Stamkos-Drouin
    Palat-Johnson-Namestnikov
    Filppula-Boyle-Callahan

That top-9 could still beat most of the teams in the league without Kucherov. With Kucherov there, one of those players will have to play on the 4th line. And the 4th line would still have Brown-Paquette-Condra which is a solid 4th line.

But of course Kucherov is a very good player and helps the team a lot and he won't be going anywhere, so don't worry about it.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by RangerFan View Post
    Sorry for not putting [RUMOR] in front of the title and giving Kucherov owners a heart attack. I specifically put this thread in "NHL Trade Rumors" thinking people would understand.

I agree that this is a negotiating ploy by Kucherov's agent and he is not really serious about going to KHL.
    Hey, no need to apologize!

And I think some people (myself included) don't go in via forum titles but instead just search for new threads... where all threads come up and don't pay attention to which forum it is part of.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by RangerFan View Post

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Hey, no need to apologize! And I think some people (myself included) don't go in via forum titles but instead just search for new threads... where all threads come up and don't pay attention to which forum it is part of.
    There sure as hell was a reason for RangerFan to apologize. I soiled a perfectly good pair of brand new UA Boxer Briefs and destroyed my keyboard from the coffee I spewed uncontrollably into it upon simply reading that title.

Still not quite over it.

<- (that's not LOL emoji, it's actually the coffee sewing out of my nose and mouth while launching into uncontrollable sobs having seen the title to this thread.)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I actually agree that Tampa could live without Kucherov. What I mean is that their top-9 would still be pretty damn good, and when you add Hedman-Stralman and Bishop/Vasilevskiy, that team is still solid.

Killorn-Stamkos-Drouin
    Palat-Johnson-Namestnikov
    Filppula-Boyle-Callahan

That top-9 could still beat most of the teams in the league without Kucherov. With Kucherov there, one of those players will have to play on the 4th line. And the 4th line would still have Brown-Paquette-Condra which is a solid 4th line.

But of course Kucherov is a very good player and helps the team a lot and he won't be going anywhere, so don't worry about it.
    That lineup isn't the greatest. Only one sure 65 point player if you take out Kucherov.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    That lineup isn't the greatest. Only one sure 65 point player if you take out Kucherov.
    Which one?

Stamkos has hit 65 in all but 4 of his 8 seasons... all but 5 if you drop that total to 64, all but 6 if you count the season he scored 40 in 37 games
    Johnson has hit 72 pts just 1 year ago
    Palat has hit 63 pts just 1 year ago

(and then you add in Kucherov... how bad could a line up be that has at least 4 decent shots for players hitting 65ish points?)

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    Not the greatest but better than the Rangers for example since they don't have any 65-point players.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Not the greatest but better than the Rangers for example since they don't have any 65-point players.
    Well clearly... The rangers 70 point player now plays on the Senators.