Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: [Rumor] Kucherov to KHL

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default [Rumor] Kucherov to KHL

It was bound to happen so here it is:

http://www.sport-express.ru/hockey/k...-cska-1042261/

To translate, there is nothing earth-shattering in there. Basically says that Kucherov has an opportunity to sign with CSKA since his contract talks with TB have stalled. CSKA has the money since Radulov and Zaitsev left for NHL.

That's it. I wouldn't put much credence into this report but it does come from one of the main Russian sports news sources. I still think it is very unlikely Kucherov bolts to KHL.

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Kucherov to KHL

Should probably put a [RUMOR] tag in front of this before you give a bunch of owners heart attacks this morning.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Monster

Misleading title. Should have put rumor in the title.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: [Rumor] Kucherov to KHL

[Rumor] tag added.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Can't wait for the next rumor that all the KHL teams would be interested in signing Kucherov if he is available.
    Evgeni from the Bloc
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 10
    Daily Starts: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G

G,A,+/-,PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Tavares, Malkin, Johansen, Couture
    LW: Schenn (C), Kreider, Skinner, Kane
    RW: [B]Kucherov, Seguin (C), Wheeler, REinhart (C), Ehlers (LW)
    D: Byfuglien, Provorov, Giordano, de Haan, Phaneuf
    G: Bobrovsky, Lehner, Saros

2017 Picks: 1,2,3,5,6,6,7,8,9,10,11

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Should probably put a [RUMOR] tag in front of this before you give a bunch of owners heart attacks this morning.
    Too late...even if it is a rumour, it is giving me heart problems haha

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Yawn.

Hurts Kucherov way more than Tampa.

Dobber Sports Pro

Rumor: I'm signing Kucherov in my Beer League
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Titan

I mean it's not entirely unexpected that a rumour like this would surface, but I think it unlikely that it happens. TBay wants to keep him for good reason. They just need to be a little creative around the cap.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Star

Every year we hear those rumors, but unless you don't have a job in the NHL, there are not a lot of reason why a young NHL caliber player would go.

This is a like Gaudreau saying he won't negotiate during the World Cup.

It's a negotiating ploy, non-story

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    This is a like Gaudreau saying he won't negotiate during the World Cup.

It's a negotiating ploy, non-story
    Difference is Gaudreau can ask for whatever he wants and will get it. The Lightning have more negotiating power with Kucherov.

Quote Originally Posted by iwinthings View Post
    Difference is Gaudreau can ask for whatever he wants and will get it. The Lightning have more negotiating power with Kucherov.
    Not really. Gaudreau doesn't even have an option of an offer sheet. His options are:

Play.

Don't Play.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Not really. Gaudreau doesn't even have an option of an offer sheet. His options are:

Play.

Don't Play.
    Indeed. But those options are incredibly powerful when you play for a bottom 5 team that drives all of its offense through you. He'll get whatever he wants and the Flames will gladly pay it or he will wait it out and not start the season. The Kings tried this whole 'we're not paying you more than Kopitar' thing with Doughty. He called their bluff, waited out training camp and most of the preseason, and then got the contract he wanted, which was bigger than Kopitar's in the end. I don't see why a player who is the very lifeblood of the Flames should get anything less than 7.5 over 7, well worth it and more than any other player on the team. The highest end players get what they want. Guys like Kucherov can be replaced on a powerhouse team like the Lightning who have all sorts of other options. He's valuable, but he's nothing like Gaudreau in terms of his impact on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by iwinthings View Post
    Indeed. But those options are incredibly powerful when you play for a bottom 5 team that drives all of its offense through you. He'll get whatever he wants and the Flames will gladly pay it or he will wait it out and not start the season. The Kings tried this whole 'we're not paying you more than Kopitar' thing with Doughty. He called their bluff, waited out training camp and most of the preseason, and then got the contract he wanted, which was bigger than Kopitar's in the end. I don't see why a player who is the very lifeblood of the Flames should get anything less than 7.5 over 7, well worth it and more than any other player on the team. The highest end players get what they want. Guys like Kucherov can be replaced on a powerhouse team like the Lightning who have all sorts of other options. He's valuable, but he's nothing like Gaudreau in terms of his impact on the team.
    Eh.

"Bottom Five". It'll be interesting to see where they will finish with simply league average goal tending. If you think it was anything but their goalies that resulted in where they finished last season, you just weren't paying much attention to Calgary last season. Which is fine, but just how it is.

First off, I mean 7.5x7 is probably just fair value for Gaudreau. He's already a top 10 scorer in the league. I think you'd be hard pressed to argue that he doesn't deserve the same type of contract as Tarasenko. I'd imagine he's asking for closer to $8.5, in which case, I don't think he will get whatever he wants, because I don't think the Flames will go there. $7 would be great for the Flames, $7.5 would be market rate, higher would be unfortunate.