Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 40 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 LastLast

Thread: Pat Quinn Memorial Cup (PQMC)

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Pat Quinn Memorial Cup (PQMC)

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Ancaster Royals

1.2 - Frederik Andersen
    With my 6 F keepers pretty well set, I knew I was either going Andersen or Kreider here. Not that I don't love high upside, but I don't think any young player I thought about would surpass Zegras or Caufield anytime soon. So it was more BPA. I went Freddie since I didn't want to risk waiting for a G with my next pick. Praying for health on one of the best teams in the league.

1.8 - Tomas Hertl
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Already don't love this pick over some of the other players available. But he does perform across the board and gives me a top FW guy.

3.2 - Matt Duchene
    Another not flashy pick here but I think it's great value if he comes close to last year. Sprinkle in some more FWs helps too.

3.12 - Zach Hyman
    Getting a piece of McDavid or Leon is always a good thing. Was going to take Georgiev as my 3rd goalie but he was sniped.

4.2 - Rasmus Andersson
    Debated Faulk here and kind of wish I did. He went 2 picks later.

5.2 - Kent Johnson
    I'm ok with the upside pick in round 5. But worried I went too early and will regret it with some of the great players that went after.

6.2 - Cal Petersen
    Goalies were thin and I wanted a 3rd guy.

7.5 - Sam Girard
    Not sure what I was thinking taking Girard over Barrie.....

8.2 - Cole Sillinger
    Guess I'm a Blue Jackets fan....

10.4 - Alex Killorn
    After some upside, goalie and D picks, I just need someone reliable. Stamkos, Kuch and Killorn now locked and ready to go.

11.2 - Cole Perfetti
    Getting Perfetti here made me wish I left Johnson or Sillinger earlier on. Man I'm not liking this review.

13.2 - Nick Schmaltz
    Give me points.

13.5 - OEL
    Does a bit of everything so I was ok taking him as a bench Dman. Especially after Edvinsson went. Jerk.

So we'll see how it goes. I already wish I stuck to just taking BPA instead of some of those upside picks. I'm still ok that I went Freddie as I'd rather have Freddie and Hertl over say Kreider and Kuemper.
    I actually sniped someone in this draft??
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

First round, wanted Freddie Anderson, oh well. Took Giroux first, Mattie Beniers with my #7 pick. Second round, Trocheck, who I had circled, then I needed a goalie and took Binnington. Fifth round, the Tanner Jeannot debacle, and then it kind of fell to shit. Yes, I agree with Alex giving me Tuch, but I had those 315 hits pre-recorded for myself and didn’t go after a couple of other guys I might have. I liked getting Anton Forsberg, with Talbot injured. I guess I go after week to week matchups.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    First round, wanted Freddie Anderson, oh well. Took Giroux first, Mattie Beniers with my #7 pick. Second round, Trocheck, who I had circled, then I needed a goalie and took Binnington. Fifth round, the Tanner Jeannot debacle, and then it kind of fell to shit. Yes, I agree with Alex giving me Tuch, but I had those 315 hits pre-recorded for myself and didn’t go after a couple of other guys I might have. I liked getting Anton Forsberg, with Talbot injured. I guess I go after week to week matchups.
    That makes me feel better about going Freddie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I actually sniped someone in this draft??
    Yes. You sniped Simon.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I'm not sure any of you kept an eye on "projected standings" while the draft was going on.
    I did... and it was NOT pretty for me team.
    Gonna be one of those scratch & claw years to try to make playoffs.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I'm not sure any of you kept an eye on "projected standings" while the draft was going on.
    I used to, but I didn't have a chance last night. No idea how I stack up, and I know yahoo has a tough time with projecting rookies, injured players, and just stats in general. I feel like with the way you manage goalies you should be able to be in the thick of things exactly where you want to be
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I used to, but I didn't have a chance last night. No idea how I stack up, and I know yahoo has a tough time with projecting rookies, injured players, and just stats in general. I feel like with the way you manage goalies you should be able to be in the thick of things exactly where you want to be
    He should be picking up Montembault and Allen if he wants to be what he considers successful this yr (Subpar for Bedard)
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Were you watching it for my team... I am guessing I am right at the bottom of the projected standings...

Last night was a rough night....
    wife got mandated to work...
    boy had hockey practice...
    girl had dance.....
    dad had coaches meeting...

dad tried drafting....

I took Pacioretty then noticed Wilson went right after... yup... that summed up my night.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Congrats on a good season guys and congrats to the two winners in Gabe and P7. Still internally crying over my results.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Congrats again!! Tough loss for me but a fun first year.

Dobber Sports Titan

Another great year all
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I finished 8th this year.
    But...
    Next year is looking brighter...

(In other news... Congrats to Gabe/4T2 on another championship!!! Amazing!)

Dobber Sports Icon

Thanks guys. Super fun year and one of the most competitive we've ever had. Props to everyone for a super hard fought season.

This championship feels far more special than my last one which still has the covid asterisk next to it. Even though I arguably had a better team that year.

This year I managed to finish the regular season in first by only 7 points. Even though I hadn't lost a h2h matchup since week 8. But every week was a dogfight with very few blowouts in there. Had to scratch and claw for every point to get that first round bye.

Out of the four semi finalists, I was lucky enough to be matched against the only one who I would have beat and Dr Brad, you put up a helluva fight.

This league has truly developed into something special. Thanks to each and everyone of you fine folks for making it so much fun. Looking forward to defending the title next year with my aging core.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Deity

The quality of competition and GM knowledge in this league is awesome and fun to compete with. Loves it! I wish Jerrod would make a trade every once in a while though.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

League is now renewed for the 2023-24 season, but I don't have time today to update it. I'll go through Monday or Tuesday and update all the offseason moves including the dispersal draft. Then we can look at a draft date.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Woohoo thanks EB.