Page 46 of 53 FirstFirst ... 36 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Pat Quinn Memorial Cup (PQMC)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Pat Quinn Memorial Cup (PQMC)

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Looks like I'm playing with the big boys now. I'm pretty sure I've taken trade offer advice from each of you at some point lol. There are some seriously stacked teams (I'm looking at you Dave) so it's going to be a serious challenge putting together a championship squad but I'm looking forward to doing so and taking you all down
    12 Teams Keeper, Weekly H2H, Daily Starts (3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G)
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT
    Goalies: GS, W, L, GAA, SA, SV, SV%, SHO

C - Tavares, Scheifle, Trocheck, Granlund
    LW - BTkachuk, Stamkos, Kurashev, Mittelstadt
    RW - MTkachuk, Miller, Pavelski, Tolvanen, Zetterlund
    D - Dahlin, Josi, Hamilton, Fox, Nurse, Montour, Manson
    G - Sorokin, Saros, Ullmark

FARM:
    RW - Michkov
    LW - Voronkov
    C - Foerster
    D - Hutson, Nikishin
    G - Schmid, Daws, Commesso, Portillo, Prosvetov

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by hockeypoolfanatic View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Looks like I'm playing with the big boys now. I'm pretty sure I've taken trade offer advice from each of you at some point lol. There are some seriously stacked teams (I'm looking at you Dave) so it's going to be a serious challenge putting together a championship squad but I'm looking forward to doing so and taking you all down
    I took over a bit of a dud at the end of shortened COVID season. It takes a bit of patience to work your way up but I think you're in a much better place than I was when I took over my team. I'd be happy with what you've got to work with.

Good luck mate!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I took over a bit of a dud at the end of shortened COVID season. It takes a bit of patience to work your way up but I think you're in a much better place than I was when I took over my team. I'd be happy with what you've got to work with.

Good luck mate!
    yep - and welcome to “new Alex.” I’m also just starting year #2, began with no superstars (consensus 1st rounders), and no picks in first 5 rounds. MacKinnon, Rantanen, and all your draft picks ain’t a bad thing. Good luck for all weeks but one ! :-)
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Deity

Right now, as it stands, my potential keepers are as follows:

Dach
    Norris
    Guentzel
    Reinhart
    Miller
    and one of Benn or Konecny

Ekblad
    Chychuryn
    Hronek
    Dobson or Cernak (probably Dobson at this point)

Samsonov

IF you feel you can improve on my keepers with one of your guys, let me know and we can try and swing a deal before I lock my keepers in. Don't message me on Yahoo because I cant access that right now at sea. Either send me a PM here or an email. [email protected] Keep in mind my team is still considered a rebuild so I am not looking for older skaters. I am looking for quality youth if possible.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Right now, as it stands, my potential keepers are as follows:

Dach
    Norris
    Guentzel
    Reinhart
    Miller
    and one of Benn or Konecny

Ekblad
    Chychuryn
    Hronek
    I cant remember off the top of my head but I know I have a fourth Dman already figured out. I cant access google sheets here at sea to see my roster. LOL! It's probably the obvious choice that you would take.

Samsonov

IF you feel you can improve on my keepers with one of your guys, let me know and we can try and swing a deal before I lock my keepers in. Don't message me on Yahoo because I cant access that right now at sea. Either send me a PM here or an email. [email protected]
    Muzzin? And I'm assuming your NA is Byfield.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Muzzin? And I'm assuming your NA is Byfield.
    I updated my post with my potential keeper Dmen. Muzzin is available if you want him. And yes, Byfield is my NA. I am not looking to move him as I am dubious most will be able to upgrade on him.

Dobber Sports Deity

Not sure when I'll have internet again before next Friday when I'm home so I'm locking my keepers in as

Dach
    Norris
    Guentzel
    Reinhart
    Miller
    Benn

Ekblad
    Chychuryn
    Hronek
    Muzzin

Samsonov

NA - Byfield

Dobber Sports Stud

Breaking the suspense: First pick 2021 draft, Semyon Varlamov.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Titan

What's everyone's thoughts on the draft?

Couple of things for me personally was I messed up on the MAF pick early. There was that 2nd group of goalies that stuck around for a while. Toews was much more wanted than I had thought. Centers seemed to dry up quicker than I thought. This group is on top of things, I would have like 5 guys queued and they'd be gone by my next pick.

First real draft in this league as last yr was a write off, so it was interesting how the goalie run went as 4 went in the first round, but then 4 went in the next 2 rounds, then in round 4 5 goalies went. 13 goalies in 4 rounds, but very oddly spread and clumped together.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    What's everyone's thoughts on the draft?

Couple of things for me personally was I messed up on the MAF pick early. There was that 2nd group of goalies that stuck around for a while. Toews was much more wanted than I had thought. Centers seemed to dry up quicker than I thought. This group is on top of things, I would have like 5 guys queued and they'd be gone by my next pick.

First real draft in this league as last yr was a write off, so it was interesting how the goalie run went as 4 went in the first round, but then 4 went in the next 2 rounds, then in round 4 5 goalies went. 13 goalies in 4 rounds, but very oddly spread and clumped together.

Yeah I was stumped for pick #1, so just decided to take the NYI goalie tandem. Then I thought I’d taken way too many forwards… wish I had another early, after I looked at the final damage. It was over too quickly.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Yeah... looking around the team's drafts... I don't think anybody aced their draft.
    Every team has a pick where I was like "Oh, nice pick there" as well as a "Oh, way too early on that guy".

Goalies are definitely all-over-the-place this year.
    I think it'll be one of those seasons where some of the first drafted goalies were outperformed by some late-drafted goalies.

League should be very competitive btw Team2-Team10 this year.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Early Goalies - I was glad to see goalies go early and often in the first round. Especially at #1 overall. With goalies going in the first I was able to draft some of the skaters near the top of my list. I had Strome and Boeser as my top 2 guys knowing I picked second and needed a RW. So with a goalie going first I got to pick the one who gets FOW from the wing.

Toews - He went 66 overall in the RHRS draft so I figured lots of people were high on him having a big bounceback. With having 3 of 4 picks here. I figured I would get the 1000 FOW from Toews come back with some more wingers with my next two picks.

Later Goalies - I was surprised that Khudobin was still hanging around in the 22nd round. Dallas has a tonne of goalies... but I figured he was worth a shot. I also like the potential of Gibson in the 20th round. Even if Anaheim sucks again... he should get lots of games and Anaheim probably has that sexy off night schedule as usual.

Dobber Sports Deity

I didn't expect Vanacek to go that early. Was looking at the handcuff but it wasn't meant to be. I was fairly happy with my draft all things considered. I should have grabbed a few more hits but I'll be OK. I grabbed a lot of meat and potatoe guys who do lots well but don't excel at anything like Nelson, Kreider, BColeman off the top of my head.

Dobber Sports Titan

I was hoping a forward like Hertl, Forsberg, or Bennett would drop to me at 20, and one did. Wanted Gio with the next pick, and then focusing on Fs for the rest of the draft.

Have found that when I don't have a lot of early picks and I grab a goalie with one of them, my skaters aren't good enough. Can more easily try and patch together goalies.

Thought about Francouz and Khudobin late, but only ended up grabbing my VGK tandem with Brossoit.

Missed on a few guys I liked like Oshie, Rossi, Dobson, etc, but overall pretty happy with my guys for how weird the app was being. Haven't really looked at my positional or statistical balance yet, so I may need to shuffle some things, but the base looks good. Wheat Kings are gunning to be back in the finals!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I was hoping a forward like Hertl, Forsberg, or Bennett would drop to me at 20, and one did. Wanted Gio with the next pick, and then focusing on Fs for the rest of the draft.

Have found that when I don't have a lot of early picks and I grab a goalie with one of them, my skaters aren't good enough. Can more easily try and patch together goalies.

Thought about Francouz and Khudobin late, but only ended up grabbing my VGK tandem with Brossoit.

Missed on a few guys I liked like Oshie, Rossi, Dobson, etc, but overall pretty happy with my guys for how weird the app was being. Haven't really looked at my positional or statistical balance yet, so I may need to shuffle some things, but the base looks good. Wheat Kings are gunning to be back in the finals!
    Happy to talk trade on Oshie/Rossi/Dobson… I credit that Wheat King Pineapple Ale for letting me snipe those three from you