Page 44 of 53 FirstFirst ... 34 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast

Thread: Pat Quinn Memorial Cup (PQMC)

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Pat Quinn Memorial Cup (PQMC)

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Going in Drai 1st Year Trade Summary:
    In Out
    Gaudreau, 16 Wheeler,22
    Buch, Kucherov, Halak Lindholm,Weber,Demko
    20 Quick,24
    22 Necas, 23
    Laine, 15 Gaudreau, 22
    Foligno, 15 Wennberg, Tanev, 21
    Teravainen, Zegras, Myers PLD, Robertson
    Merzlinkins, 13 Grubauer, 18
    Lankinen, 16, 21 Halak, 19,20
    13, 16 Buch, Lankinen, 15,16
    Eichel, Anderson, Kakko, Oettinger, 24 Point, Nurse, Campbell, 13
    Strome, 19 Martin, 21

Net In: Kucherov, Eichel, Teravainen, Laine, Zegras, Kakko, Foligno, Myers, Merzlinkins, Anderson, Oettinger, Strome, 13, 15, 16, 16, 19

Net Out: Point, Nurse, Wheeler, Lindholm, Grubauer, Demko, Quick, Necas, Wennberg, Tanev, Campbell, Martin, 18, 19, 21, 22, 23
    Amazing job so far man... You are all set to be a major contender next year. I would hate to do this exercise with my team this season given that Kucherov is one of the many amazing players I've had to cut bait on to stay competitive this year.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Deity

My deadline day deals yesterday:

Out:

Dustin Brown, Mat Barzal, Nikita Zadorov, Mike Smith, 21st, 24th

In:

JT Miller, Boone Jenner, Eric Cernak, Dobson, 18th, 21st

Should help me next season going forward, hopefully.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Out:

Hamilton, Stamkos, Giroux, Trochek, Perron, Rust, Kessel, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23

In:

Meier, Necas, Dahlin, Couture, Nedjeklovic, Rust, Gallagher, Raymond, 12, 13, 13, 14, 15, 20

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Out:
    In:

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Out:
    In:
    Bold move cotton!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

Deadline week for the Wheat Kings:

Out:
    Jack Eichel, Alexis Lafreniere, Kapo Kakko, Kyle Palmieri, Josh Anderson, Zach Werenski, Matt Dumba, Jake Oettinger, 17, 20, 22

In:
    Brayden Point, Ryan O'Rielly, Tomas Hertl, Brayden Schenn, Darnell Nurse, Seth Jones, Jack Campbell, 14, 15, 24

Flipped:
    Storm's 13th
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Big Daddy

Well this looks like fun. I kicked off the 2020-2021 season with a blockbuster offseason trade:

Auston Matthews + JT Miller + 15th
    FOR
    Mitch Marner + Elias Pettersson + 13th

I was pretty quiet in the trade market all season up until deadline week where I had to address my goaltending weakness and between Wheat Kings and Storm’s-a-Bruin making major moves + my team getting pelted with injuries, my hand was forced to make some moves.

IN
    Dougie Hamilton
    Tuukka Rask
    Jaroslav Halak
    William Karlsson
    David Perron
    Mathew Barzal (flipped)
    Nikita Zadorov
    Sebastian Aho
    Picks: 17, 18, 19, 19, 20, 21, 22

OUT
    Rasmus Dahlin
    Lucas Raymond
    Kevin Lankinen
    Victor Olofsson
    Brendan Gallagher
    JT Miller
    Boone Jenner
    Erik Cernak
    Mathew Barzal
    Picks: 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 21

In a crazy year/season like this one my plan was to try and hold onto most of my draft picks but as mentioned above, my hand was forced via injuries and stiff competition. I’m very pleased to have made all those moves but still be able to hold onto my 1st (12th) round pick.

Great trading season fellas. Good luck to everyone in the playoffs except when they face me.

Dobber Sports Icon

Alright, I'll bite. This was my most active season trading ever though. So I'll just stick to my trades since March 17 (I tried to get ahead of the deadline)

IN:
    Bergeron
    Jarry
    Petry
    Buchnevich
    Lankinen
    Martinez
    Stamkos
    Giroux
    Brown
    Picks - 15, 15, 16, 20, 20, 21, 24

OUT:
    Seguin
    Klefbom
    Khudobin
    Yandle
    Meier
    Rust
    Dobson
    Picks - 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 16, 19, 21

Dobber Sports Stud

Not sure it’s the same “haul” as others, but I can play this game:

IN: Rust, Gaudreau, Palmieri, Dumba, M.Martin
    OUT: O’Reilly, Suzuki, S.Jones, Backlund, D.Strome

But it only really matters if I slide into that 6 spot then get the OMG upset !
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    Not sure it’s the same “haul” as others, but I can play this game:

IN: Rust, Gaudreau, Palmieri, Dumba, M.Martin
    OUT: O’Reilly, Suzuki, S.Jones, Backlund, D.Strome

But it only really matters if I slide into that 6 spot then get the OMG upset !
    Your “haul” will be more apparent come 2021 draft day.

Big Daddy

PQMC 2020-2021 Championship is set!

Clouds of Blood (1) vs. Storm’s-a-Bruin (5)

Congratulations to both Guelph Gryphons and Wheat Kings on a great season and two insanely tight semi-finals.

Clouds of Blood vs. Guelph Gryphons was a close match up the whole way. In the end the difference was just 2 assists and 11 shots on goal.

Wheat Kings vs. Storm’s-a-Bruin was much more dramatic. I have never seen a match-up come down to the wire and be so exciting. Wheat Kings held the lead late Sunday afternoon but the evening would change that in large part to Mikka Zibanejad and his seven shots on goal + hat-trick. In the end the difference was just a single shot on goal. Going into the closing game of the week - TB vs. CLB, Storm’s-a-Bruin held an 8 shot lead but had zero skaters remaining while Wheat Kings had 6 skaters in the game. A handful of managers managed to gather in the chat and it even turned into a countdown.... 7 shots difference, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2.... OT in TBL-CLB. Wheat Kings held the season tie-breaker and needed just a single shot on goal to advance to his fourth final in five years! But it never came due to a quick Victor Hedman OT goal just 10 seconds into OT. Hell of a match-up! One that will surely never be topped!

Best of luck in the final 4T2!

And on the other end of the bracket we have Tsunami taking on Mystery Alaska for the consolation championship which will land the 1st overall pick for the winner.

Good luck everyone and thanks for another wild season!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Amazing matchup! I was refreshing my phone every few minutes as the SOG count wound down...

Dobber Sports Icon

The matchup last night was absolutely epic. I can't ever remember having a match that came down to that close of a battle. Plus having half a dozen of us all watching it and chatting about it made it that much more fun. Thanks for putting together such a great group of guys Dave. This truly is one of the best leagues out there!

I went into last night's matchup trailing 7-4 and didn't think I had much hope (especially with Ovie out). After EB made some late additions to try to shore up shots, I really thought I was done. But thanks to Zibby (who I tried to trade to Wheat Kings for Eichel earlier in the season) and contributions from my waiver pick ups in Reilly, Cozens and my trade deadline add in Buchnevich, I managed to hang on for the win.

Wheat Kings and I have met 4 out of 5 years in our playoffs and this is the first time I've ever came out on the winning end. My sole championship came last year when WK missed the playoffs entirely. Best of luck in the finals Dave. You've built a helluva team and are going to be a tough out. But you're standing between me and my back to back titles. This should be fun!

Good luck to the fellas in the consolation bracket too and the battle for that first overall pick!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    The matchup last night was absolutely epic. I can't ever remember having a match that came down to that close of a battle. Plus having half a dozen of us all watching it and chatting about it made it that much more fun. Thanks for putting together such a great group of guys Dave. This truly is one of the best leagues out there!

I went into last night's matchup trailing 7-4 and didn't think I had much hope (especially with Ovie out). After EB made some late additions to try to shore up shots, I really thought I was done. But thanks to Zibby (who I tried to trade to Wheat Kings for Eichel earlier in the season) and contributions from my waiver pick ups in Reilly, Cozens and my trade deadline add in Buchnevich, I managed to hang on for the win.

Wheat Kings and I have met 4 out of 5 years in our playoffs and this is the first time I've ever came out on the winning end. My sole championship came last year when WK missed the playoffs entirely. Best of luck in the finals Dave. You've built a helluva team and are going to be a tough out. But you're standing between me and my back to back titles. This should be fun!

Good luck to the fellas in the consolation bracket too and the battle for that first overall pick!

Typical... no love for Giroux.... didn't he get a couple shots on net in the last couple minutes of that game yesterday? that also found the back of the net!

Anyways... good luck Gabe and Dave!!! Hopefully its not like most Olympics and World Juniors... where the semis is the exciting match and the finals end up being anti-dramatica.

And good luck to the Doc this week as well!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Typical... no love for Giroux.... didn't he get a couple shots on net in the last couple minutes of that game yesterday? that also found the back of the net!

Anyways... good luck Gabe and Dave!!! Hopefully its not like most Olympics and World Juniors... where the semis is the exciting match and the finals end up being anti-dramatica.

And good luck to the Doc this week as well!
    Haha sorry I forgot about Giroux, he was definitely a contributor as well. Which lessens the sting of losing the Stamkos part of that trade half a game into his tenure here.

I hope you’re right, I really don’t want to completely crush Dave in the finals, I’d rather see an exciting matchup too