Page 30 of 53 FirstFirst ... 20 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Pat Quinn Memorial Cup (PQMC)

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Pat Quinn Memorial Cup (PQMC)

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Honestly, I am just trying to see how the draft went last year to get an idea where the value lies early on. Do guys normally grab goalies right away; or rookies; or whatever. I am just trying to get a grasp on the how it went down.
    Yeah, so it's the draft results tab you want
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Tanks homie!

Holy crap, no wonder this team is near the bottom LOL! His keepers weren't great and it looks like he traded away most of his team.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

And just ignore the first 11 rounds.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    And just ignore the first 11 rounds.
    It's good to see what the keepers actually were for my team compared to what is still there now but in regards to the draft, ya.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

And here I am... dead last... several points behind this inept Alberta Snobus now much cooler Privateers team. And i was actually trying. I guess you can only do so much with 6 or 7 guys on the IR (who I simply couldn't drop).

Sigh... AND... no chance at a top notch pick. What a shit year.

Oh well. Next year we start fresh.

Welcome again Axeman.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    And here I am... dead last... several points behind this inept Alberta Snobus now much cooler Privateers team. And i was actually trying. I guess you can only do so much with 6 or 7 guys on the IR (who I simply couldn't drop).

Sigh... AND... no chance at a top notch pick. What a shit year.

Oh well. Next year we start fresh.

Welcome again Axeman.
    LOL! Thanks. We'll see how these playoffs go.

Big Daddy

Roster freeze in effect starting Monday. Please see league message board for details.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

^Looks good. Also - some appreciation toward the roster settings.
    Having the 3 IR+ spots is good because teams have held injured players... who might be back IF/when the NHL resumes play.
    I have other leagues that are only two spots... or force an IR spot (instead of IR+)
    These issues can force a (unlucky) GM/team to throw injured players out-for-season back to waivers.
    In those leagues, we may now have to discuss what to do if those player are healthy in mid-April.

Three spots, and all IR+, is the right system, IMO.
    There shouldn't be conditions where a team is forced to drop an injured star player (because they have 3 or more)... and some healthier team benefits from being able to add them off the wire.

I'm trying to push for 3 IR+ spots in some other leagues... hopefully ears/eyes are taking note.

Dobber Sports Titan

I'm in a league with four IR+ and I find it to be too much. Three slots seems to be the sweet spot.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I'm in a league with four IR+ and I find it to be too much. Three slots seems to be the sweet spot.
    I would have loved to have four this year. Then I wouldn't have had to trade you Klefbom!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Big Daddy

PQMC originally went with either two IR & one IR+ or one IR with two IR+ to start the league but switched to three IR+ in year three. Just makes way more sense since we often see players out with long term injuries not placed on IR.

Hopefully once/if hockey resumes, Yahoo will implement all FA’s to be on waivers for 24-48 hrs. If not, I think we should self impose all FA’s on waivers. A free for all isn’t the way to go.

Big Daddy

Interesting suggestion on the Keeping Karlsson Podcast for an idea of how to settle the playoffs if the NHL does not finish the season. Make a separate league next season with the remaining playoff teams and award the champion. Rosters would be preloaded as they are now (in our case Monday following the roster freeze). Stats accumulated in the existing playoffs (Mon-Wed) would be lost however. Lucky for us both semi-finals are very close at the moment (6-4 & 5-4).

So our set up would be a four team league.
    Week 1 matchups would be the current semi-finals: Storm’s-a-Bruin (1) vs. Mystery Alaska (6) & Arnie’s Army (2) vs. P.tkachughes! (4)

Of course there would be some flaws to iron out, the biggest one being next season’s draft order but nothing will be perfect all things considered. This would only be considered if all remaining teams are on board with it and the current season ends up being canceled.

Big Daddy

The above scenario is seeming more and more likely. Any thoughts on the idea guys?

Dobber Sports Titan

I mean it's better than nothing, but still a lot of flaws in the system. It does seem like a decent middle ground though as far as the options go. As for draft orders, it would probably be best to go based on regular season finish from this point in the playoffs.

I still generally think we're best served by not going too far down a rabbit hole yet, and adjusting as news comes out.

Big Daddy

Just a quick note.

I have been in touch with Eskimo Brother (co-commissioner) to come up with a solution for the season and draft order moving forward into next season. Once we have a laid out plan we will present it to the rest of the league.

I hope everyone is safe and healthy.