Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Pat Quinn Memorial Cup (PQMC)

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Pat Quinn Memorial Cup (PQMC)

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    This league seems to be filled with dedicated managers, so I am hoping everyone has a draft plan in place and a queue filled out. I don't expect many picks to go the full 1 minute time limit.
    Yeah, that would be nice if it went fast enough. I'll see if I can pull off making a few picks from my phone on the bench
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Yeah, that would be nice if it went fast enough. I'll see if I can pull off making a few picks from my phone on the bench
    Now there is a dedicated manager. Thumbs up.
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Big Daddy

Great draft boys. An hour and a half for a 12 team, 24 round, first year keeper league. Impressive. Let the games begin.
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    24 Man Roster
    Keepers:
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Dobber Sports Icon

Great draft fellas! Didn't drag on or anything. I'm overall pretty happy with my team. Could be a little stronger on the wing but not overly concerned. Wanted to focus on D and I'm got some really solid keepers in Klingberg/Buff/Krug/Parayko and Larsson or Hanifin could both step up enough to warrant being kept themselves. I feel I've got a youngish team that can compete this year and that was the ultimate goal. Really looking forward to competing with you guys this year and for many years to come.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Loved the draft (and the pace - the GMs know their stuff) and I'm gonna love this league. Needless to say, I LOVE my team - I think it's a pretty balanced squad. Looking forward to the inaugural season!
    2012 DobberHockey Hall of Fame - Player's Category

Dobber Sports Titan

I was pretty happy with mine as well, went almost exactly as planned
    Was upset at Talbot and Josi going early, but that's what happens in a draft. We'll see if punting the goalies until later pays off for me.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Pro

Am I the only one who doesn't love his team? I don't hate it, but still...
    I knew I won't be against some average hockey fans and no mocks could prepare me for this, so I thought I'll just make a plan and try to stick to my strategy. I really thought top 5 will be McD, OV, Sid, Benn and EK. So I prepared to draft Price with my 6th pick - I never draft a goalie in the first round, but I though it would offset the balance a bit, with a couple of GMs taking their goalie before my turn again, leaving a decent elite player for my 2nd pick. Well, that didn't happen as Price went 4th and EK fell to me and I started to improvise from round 2. Looking at the results now, probably my biggest mistake was to take Schneider with my 2nd pick. I should wait and take my goalie in the 3rd/4th round and pick a forward instead. I wanted at least one of the future stars, like Eichel, Forsberg, Kucherov. MacKinnon. They went all between my 2nd and 3rd pick... so I took Matthews. We'll see how that's going to look in a couple of years. To make it short... My queue just disappeared really fast and I started to reach for my sleepers, which is never a good sign. I made a couple of picks literally in last second... panicking. I'll just blame the late hour (2am) of the draft - it felt strange drafting with a cup of tea, instead of my favorite beer in a quiet room only with Team Europe losing in the background. Oh, and I should probably apologize to Eskimo Brother - that disturbance in The Force you might have felt was me swearing out loud, when you picked my guys right before my turn.

Seriously though, this draft was a lot of FUN and I'm sure I'm gonna LOVE this league.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by tomastop View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't love his team? I don't hate it, but still...
    I knew I won't be against some average hockey fans and no mocks could prepare me for this, so I thought I'll just make a plan and try to stick to my strategy. I really thought top 5 will be McD, OV, Sid, Benn and EK. So I prepared to draft Price with my 6th pick - I never draft a goalie in the first round, but I though it would offset the balance a bit, with a couple of GMs taking their goalie before my turn again, leaving a decent elite player for my 2nd pick. Well, that didn't happen as Price went 4th and EK fell to me and I started to improvise from round 2. Looking at the results now, probably my biggest mistake was to take Schneider with my 2nd pick. I should wait and take my goalie in the 3rd/4th round and pick a forward instead. I wanted at least one of the future stars, like Eichel, Forsberg, Kucherov. MacKinnon. They went all between my 2nd and 3rd pick... so I took Matthews. We'll see how that's going to look in a couple of years. To make it short... My queue just disappeared really fast and I started to reach for my sleepers, which is never a good sign. I made a couple of picks literally in last second... panicking. I'll just blame the late hour (2am) of the draft - it felt strange drafting with a cup of tea, instead of my favorite beer in a quiet room only with Team Europe losing in the background. Oh, and I should probably apologize to Eskimo Brother - that disturbance in The Force you might have felt was me swearing out loud, when you picked my guys right before my turn.

Seriously though, this draft was a lot of FUN and I'm sure I'm gonna LOVE this league.
    Yeah, definitely one of the better drafts I've been in in terms of managers just quickly emptying my queue. I think we all know how you feel there. You had a couple picks too where you stole my guys out from under me on the other side of the snake
    I'm happy to talk trade if there's someone you really want and that you think we can make work. Otherwise we'll just have to see how things play out. I was sad to have to let EK go past me, but I couldn't pass on Benn.
    As a personal pride note for you, you had the top 6 in the draft correct. I did not have Price in there on my list. But that's what makes drafts so interesting.

Dobber Sports Icon

Yeah, it definitely scared me into grabbing Holtby in round 1 when Price was snagged so early. I had hoped to get either Holtby or Price in round 2 because I didn't want to have to scramble for scraps late in round 3. Luckily, Tank fell to me at pick 17 so I didn't feel too bad about snagging a goalie so early.

Big Daddy

I was certain McDavid would go first so getting him at 2 was a pleasant surprise, I had plans on taking Seguin 2nd so I think Sled Dogs got a steal at 11. Also had a plan set in place to take Forsberg 23rd overall then OEL 26th. Decided to switch that order because Treadstoned had the wheel pick and already had Ovechkin, I didn't expect him to take Forsberg, well that bit me in the ass and I panicked. Had to start the rookie class run taking Laine. Also felt I managed to snag a couple value picks with Allen at 47, Vesey at 263 and Wennberg at 287. My team is obviously set for the future and I'd be surprised to be in the final 4 this year but we'll see how the season goes. Like most managers in this league, I'm open for business. Always willing to negotiate trades and I'm not a naive manager that expects deals to be completed on first offers, no hard feelings when a deal can't be agreed upon either. And for the record, I value future draft picks. Can't wait to get the season started now.
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    24 Man Roster
    Keepers:
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Yeah, it definitely scared me into grabbing Holtby in round 1 when Price was snagged so early. I had hoped to get either Holtby or Price in round 2 because I didn't want to have to scramble for scraps late in round 3. Luckily, Tank fell to me at pick 17 so I didn't feel too bad about snagging a goalie so early.
    Good thing you did, I believe I was right after you and had queued him as my 1st pick.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Once again ... Big Thanks to Duster Dave to get this new league fired up. Wasn't sue about joining my 5th league, especially as I was looking to down size but this now lets me release a team I took over, and Stick with a team I built from the ground up!

I too am open for business and like Dave... expect deals to take time.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Once again ... Big Thanks to Duster Dave to get this new league fired up. Wasn't sue about joining my 5th league, especially as I was looking to down size but this now lets me release a team I took over, and Stick with a team I built from the ground up!

I too am open for business and like Dave... expect deals to take time.
    Agreed. Thanks to Dave for taking the time!
    Same with me. Open for deals and whatever thoughts people have. Over the few offers I have had so far, I will say that I am not looking to downgrade on my star players. Takes talent to get talent

Big Daddy

TRADE

Storm's-a-Bruin Acquire:
    2017 13th Round Pick

Stanley Cuppers Acquire:
    Adam Larsson (D)
    2017 18th Round Pick
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    24 Man Roster
    Keepers:
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    TRADE

Storm's-a-Bruin Acquire:
    2017 13th Round Pick

Stanley Cuppers Acquire:
    Adam Larsson (D)
    2017 18th Round Pick
    Always love to pull off the first trade in a league. Larsson for a second rounder and I snag Werenski of the waiver wire. I'll take it. Larsson may bite me in the ass though, could be a big year for him