Page 31 of 53 FirstFirst ... 21 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Pat Quinn Memorial Cup (PQMC)

Big Daddy

Default Re: Pat Quinn Memorial Cup (PQMC)

Alright, so EB and I have been in communication to decide how to conclude this season and here is what we have come up with.

There will be no champion for this season. We figured it would be unfair to award the regular season winner the champion and I think you would all agree. Storm's-a-Bruin can place a regular season winner's feather in his cap, but sorry - no championship.

As for the draft order for the upcoming season, we thought it would be best to keep it simple and have two unweighted draft lotteries. For picks 1-6, all non-playoff teams will have an equal chance of winning the first overall selection. Picks 7-12 will be for all playoff teams, again unweighted. All trades made during the season involving draft picks will still be honoured.

Draft lottery date is TBD and will not be completed until we hear back from every manager.

I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy.
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Dobber Sports Deity

My deep playoff run was cut short. I had you all just where I wanted you LOL!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Alright, so EB and I have been in communication to decide how to conclude this season and here is what we have come up with.

There will be no champion for this season. We figured it would be unfair to award the regular season winner the champion and I think you would all agree. Storm's-a-Bruin can place a regular season winner's feather in his cap, but sorry - no championship.

As for the draft order for the upcoming season, we thought it would be best to keep it simple and have two unweighted draft lotteries. For picks 1-6, all non-playoff teams will have an equal chance of winning the first overall selection. Picks 7-12 will be for all playoff teams, again unweighted. All trades made during the season involving draft picks will still be honoured.

Draft lottery date is TBD and will not be completed until we hear back from every manager.

I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy.
    As long as when Eskimo Brother wins next year (cause everyone sold all their draft picks to him) it is not considered a ThreePeat!

The year I decide to trade away draft capital is the year COVID19 kills our season! Go figure!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    The year I decide to trade away draft capital is the year COVID19 kills our season! Go figure!
    Yep, it sucks. I'm having it happen to me in other leagues. Not much of anything we can really do about it though.
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    24 Man Roster
    Keepers:
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Big Daddy

Teams/Players that are NA eligible heading into the off-season....

Storm's-a-Bruin - Eeli Tolvanen
    Arnie's Army - none
    Flying Frenchmen - none
    P.tkachughs! - Bowen Byram
    Toranno Tree Leaves - Erik Brannstrom
    Mystery Alaska - none
    Sled Dogs - none
    Theatre of Pain - none
    Clouds of Blood - Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen
    Wheat Kings - Drake Batherson
    Barrett's Privateers - Vitali Kravtsov
    Guelph Gryphons - Jesse Puljujarvi

Remember, you are not obligated to keep your NA player and you can decide during preseason.
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    24 Man Roster
    Keepers:
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Yep, it sucks. I'm having it happen to me in other leagues. Not much of anything we can really do about it though.
    Have you guys seen/considered the option of running a 2nd league to determine a championship at the start of next season? It was an interesting option that a couple of my other commissioners have decided to implement.

Basically create a league with the 4 teams still playing and their current rosters. Any rookies or players coming from overseas are off limits.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Big Daddy

Interesting suggestion on the Keeping Karlsson Podcast for an idea of how to settle the playoffs if the NHL does not finish the season. Make a separate league next season with the remaining playoff teams and award the champion. Rosters would be preloaded as they are now (in our case Monday following the roster freeze). Stats accumulated in the existing playoffs (Mon-Wed) would be lost however. Lucky for us both semi-finals are very close at the moment (6-4 & 5-4).

So our set up would be a four team league.
    Week 1 matchups would be the current semi-finals: Storm’s-a-Bruin (1) vs. Mystery Alaska (6) & Arnie’s Army (2) vs. P.tkachughes! (4)

Of course there would be some flaws to iron out, the biggest one being next season’s draft order but nothing will be perfect all things considered. This would only be considered if all remaining teams are on board with it and the current season ends up being canceled.
    Yes PH, I mentioned it in this thread but it didn’t gain any traction.

Yes PH, I mentioned it in this thread but it didn’t gain any traction.
    I think EB's response at the time was very appropriate as to the reason it didn't gain any traction. I bet if the option was presented to the teams still in the playoffs for the league that the idea would receive a lot more traction now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I still generally think we're best served by not going too far down a rabbit hole yet, and adjusting as news comes out.
    News just came out about the decision of the league. And if we all rewind to our states of mind and such at March 14... no one knew what to think... what if the NHL decided to finish the regular season and such? There was way too many what if's for any one particular idea to gain any traction at that point in time.

And its not like everyone was participating in the conversation... or that the idea received any negative response... it just simply didn't receive any responses at the time because of everything else going on at the time

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Yeah, I don't think most of us wanted to commit too far one way or the other. On the league message board it seemed that Arnie was in favour of finishing things alongside our usual season start in the fall. If all four of the teams that were in the semis are on board, I don't see why we can't rig something up for that.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

Happy to join you guys! “Theatre of Pain” has been flooded away. Unlike all of you, when I promise to stick around ‘til I’m 70.... ok, ok, enough self-deprecating humor, no Alzheimer’s yet. Just take it easy on the newbie. :-)
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Rookie

Welcome aboard!

Big Daddy

Welcome to the league Dr. Brad. You’ll find this league to be pretty fun with lots of activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    Happy to join you guys! “Theatre of Pain” has been flooded away. Unlike all of you, when I promise to stick around ‘til I’m 70.... ok, ok, enough self-deprecating humor, no Alzheimer’s yet. Just take it easy on the newbie. :-)
    Ain’t no one gonna take it easy on you here Doc! Welcome aboard!

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Glad to have you Dr. Brad!

- - - Updated - - -

We're still looking for one more, right Dave?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Glad to have you Dr. Brad!

- - - Updated - - -

We're still looking for one more, right Dave?
    That’s right. I’ve been in contact with a potential replacement. Did you have someone interested?