Page 36 of 53 FirstFirst ... 26 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 46 ... LastLast

Thread: Pat Quinn Memorial Cup (PQMC)

Big Daddy

Default Re: Pat Quinn Memorial Cup (PQMC)

Excellent. Thank you for putting it together.

Dobber Sports Stud

So... let me understand. If there’s this “mini-league” with rosters frozen, how does that affect our abilities to trade with these teams?
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    So... let me understand. If there’s this “mini-league” with rosters frozen, how does that affect our abilities to trade with these teams?
    The leagues are only frozen for those teams for the mini-leauge.

Those teams are still allowed to make trades and such... but any moves they make will not be on their roster for the mini-leauge to determine a champion.

So if I trade you Douggie Hamilton... He will not be on my team for the regular league... but he is still on my team for the mini-league to determine this past seasons Champion.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

It's going to be a separate branch where we create another yahoo league in the fall with those three teams as noted, and they will compete for the title. So the rest of us not involved, we can 100% ignore it as it has no impact on us or how we deal with those teams or anything.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Big Daddy

That’s correct.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    As discussed in the Yahoo League Chat
    So I'll ask the stupid question. What/where is the "yahoo league chat"? I checked out the message board and don't see any info about this on there. I do understand that deciding the champion has no impact on my team moving forward. But if key info is being put forward in the yahoo chat, I'd at least like to know how to access this. I've check all the various headers and sub-titles and do see a yahoo chat thing.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    So I'll ask the stupid question. What/where is the "yahoo league chat"? I checked out the message board and don't see any info about this on there. I do understand that deciding the champion has no impact on my team moving forward. But if key info is being put forward in the yahoo chat, I'd at least like to know how to access this. I've check all the various headers and sub-titles and do see a yahoo chat thing.
    If you have the mobile app for yahoo you're probably getting notifications for it. If you have notifications off, it's the little icon in the top right on the app for messages, and our league chat should show up there.
    If you're on the desktop site, above the black menu bar on the right side there are three little icons. A magnifying glass, a chat box, and a question mark. Click on the chat box and all your yahoo chat options (league and to a single GM) will pop up there.

Sorry, didn't realize you didn't know how to access it.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Any info or decisions made while using the yahoo chat is always posted on both this thread and the yahoo message board. I get some guys aren’t interested in participating in the chat which is fine, but those guys aren’t missing out on any information, just a bit on banter really.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    If you have the mobile app for yahoo you're probably getting notifications for it. If you have notifications off, it's the little icon in the top right on the app for messages, and our league chat should show up there.
    If you're on the desktop site, above the black menu bar on the right side there are three little icons. A magnifying glass, a chat box, and a question mark. Click on the chat box and all your yahoo chat options (league and to a single GM) will pop up there.

Sorry, didn't realize you didn't know how to access it.
    Thanks. I haven't used yahoo as a platform very often and never the chat feature. What an obscure place to hide a chat function.

Big Daddy

Just a reminder, off-season trading opens up tomorrow morning (Friday, June 19). Once a trade is agreed upon by two managers, in order to make the trade official, the entire league must be e-mailed and notified of the full details of the trade. You can find every manager’s e-mail address in the trade block section of each team in the spreadsheet created by Alex (Wheat Kings). Alex will then update the spreadsheet of the teams involved in the trade. A bit of a pain in the ass but it’s what we have to work with since yahoo shuts down for the summer.

Also, for the three new managers, remember draft picks in rounds 1-11 are reserved for keepers and cannot be traded.

Happy trading everyone!

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Just a reminder, off-season trading opens up tomorrow morning (Friday, June 19). Once a trade is agreed upon by two managers, in order to make the trade official, the entire league must be e-mailed and notified of the full details of the trade. You can find every manager’s e-mail address in the trade block section of each team in the spreadsheet created by Alex (Wheat Kings). Alex will then update the spreadsheet of the teams involved in the trade. A bit of a pain in the ass but it’s what we have to work with since yahoo shuts down for the summer.

Also, for the three new managers, remember draft picks in rounds 1-11 are reserved for keepers and cannot be traded.

Happy trading everyone!
    And then confirmed with a reply

Big Daddy

FIRST OFF-SEASON TRADE

Barrett’s Privateers Acquire:
    Sean Monahan (C)
    2020 17th Round Pick

Tsunami Acquire:
    2020 14th Round Pick

Dobber Sports Demi-God

P.Tkachughes Offseason Plan - for the new GMs wondering on our players

LOCKED IN. NOT AVAILABLE. DON'T ASK.
    G1 - Carter Hart (I'm a Flyers fan.)
    F4 - Matthew Tkachuk (Keith Tkachuk was former favourite player of ours and the team namesake is set thusly)
    F3 - Brady Tkachuk (dit.to)
    F6 - Jack Hughes (I'll wait for it)
    D1 - Cale Makar

AVAILABLE - IF YOU ARE WILLING TO OVERPAY:
    F2 - Andrei Svechnikov (I value him as a top 10 overall future multi-cat forward)
    F1 - Dylan Larkin (Wings are my 2nd fave team, love their C1, love their future)
    D3 - Moritz Seider (I probably value him way way higher than most people)
    D (N/A) - Bowen Byram (Makar/Byram combo, yum)

CURRENT KEEPERS - MUST GET 1:1 KEEPER IN RETURN
    F5 - Patrick Kane (solid value, every year. Our current team captain of the P.Tkays!)
    D2 - Alex Pietrangelo (solid value, every year)
    D4a - Mark Borowiecki (yeah, seriously... Hits, Blocks league, he's a boss... and a good guy)
    D4b - PK Subban (I have faith, I do...). His name IS PK... he's meant to be a Pika!

Everybody else on my Yahoo! roster is NOT currently a keeper and probably won't be.
    So, a pick of some level will get the player.
    Available (with Yahoo season rank):
    Boone Jenner* (82), Anders Lee (102), Kevin Hayes (106), Max Domi (132), Eric Staal (141), Colton Parayko (165)
    *Jenner is my flex-up F6 if I were to move an F-for-a-D.upgrade... so he commands highest pick offer.

Party on Pika!

Big Daddy

TRADE

Storm’s-a-Bruin Acquire:
    Dustin Byfuglien (D)

Guelph Gryphons Acquire:
    Jean-Gabriel Pageau (C)

Dobber Sports Deity

I'll give a slight roster update here and where my head is to some extent.

First off, I don't have any untouchables. I dont believe in that. Some may cost more than others but anyone can be had if the price is favorable for my team.

As far as my keepers go, right now I am looking at:

Forwards
    Monahan
    Barzal
    Konecny
    JGaudreau

SReinhart

Bubble guys who may still slip in up above for my final slot: Hoffman, Buchnevich, Beauvillier

Defense

Girard
    Lindell
    Chychrun

Bubble guys for the last spot: Gardiner, Manson, Sandin

Goalie

Most likely be Samsonov but Saros is tempting to keep too.

I am still shopping a forward for a D to make my choice easier on both accounts but I am not just going to give away a forward to make that happen. I've had a few knocking on Konecny as he appears to be the sexiest forward I own but he's also my most valuable player right now, not that that is saying much looking at my roster. So if I am going to be moving Konecny for a Dman, he's going to be a younger, up and coming 1-2 Dman. If you arent willing to part with one of those, I suggest you look at my other forwards.

That is kinda where my head is right now. I'll be heading to the cottage tomorrow morning for the weekend so I will have limited internet time out there. I'll have a beer in one hand, floating on my raft in the lake a lot of the time so my phone wont be near my other hand. I'll check in at various times when I need a refill.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."