Page 23 of 53 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Pat Quinn Memorial Cup (PQMC)

Big Daddy

Default Re: Pat Quinn Memorial Cup (PQMC)

I PM’d you before seeing this.

The yahoo chat is horrible for desktop versions. There is usually a word bubble icon in the top right hand corner next to the magnifying glass and question mark but I just checked and don’t see it but I’m using my phone to check. I think most of us use the chat via the smart phone app for yahoo fantasy.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Need old man help.
    Where does one find button/dropdown/function to do the league "chat" feature.
    I'm at work using Windows on a PC to access Yahoo Fantasy... can't find it...
    Based on their help section, it seems like they haven't gotten the desktop chat up and running yet.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

^Well... at least I feel better (not "old") for not locating it.

PSA to the PQMC hipsters: I don't do "phone" web browsing or chatting.
    Too inefficient for my very busy world.
    If those yahoos over at... ahem... Yahoo!... get the chat up & running on desktop version, I'll check in on it a few times a day (morning, lunch, 4pm-ish) before leaving work.

Dobber Sports Titan

^Well... at least I feel better (not "old") for not locating it.

PSA to the PQMC hipsters: I don't do "phone" web browsing or chatting.
    Too inefficient for my very busy world.
    If those yahoos over at... ahem... Yahoo!... get the chat up & running on desktop version, I'll check in on it a few times a day (morning, lunch, 4pm-ish) before leaving work.
    If there's anything important on there, and not just banter, we'll let you know
    (Also assuming DD already let you know about the time change for the draft)
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Big Daddy

Draft time officially changed from 8pm ET to 9pm ET - still this coming Tuesday September 17.

All trades of players and draft picks, NA players and keepers have been updated. Roster freeze officially in effect starting tomorrow morning until after the draft.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Do I hear any votes for 9:30? Lol

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Do I hear any votes for 9:30? Lol
    I'm abstaining at this point haha

Big Daddy

Good morning everyone.... it’s Draft Day!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Pursuant to the landings of their 2nd PQMC draft, Pengs Pengos have been renamed...

to...

P.tkachughes!

Said new team captain Pat Kane:
    "I've really warmed up to the team. Me being a Pat... in the Pat Quinn MC... with a team that started as Pengs Pengos... that "P" is very important to all of us."
    "It stands for passion... potential... and possibility... and everything that Naughty By Nature was trying to capture with OPP... but none of us could really figure out".

"Of course the Tkachuk bros are a huge part of this team. For a while they said the lockerroom slogan was 'CanT kach us!'. I told them that was rookie-garb. They agreed, but we said we'd find a way to move on."

"And Larks said the team had Jack Hughes and a ConsoCup lined up since Day1 of the 2018-2019 season. That plan for the #1 overall plan got foiled a bit late... disheartening... but it landed me here... and lo & behold, j'accuse us of something!"

"Would we have liked to land Quinn???... oh for sure... but it still works"

"Svech has that "ch" that is so critical to the grit of this team. Larkin's got that K. And our D anchored by AP... he's got that key P... as does Parayko got that P and the K. And now we got Cale Makar in tow... it's all there."

"Radulov... oh, yeah, he's a rental... we'll move him again for a first. Don't tell him that, he's just back to help translations with Svech."
    "And the newly drafted wing-elig kids have lots of grit and FOW from the Wing: Domi, Jenner. Good 'ol Ontario boys there, pretty much our Jonesy & Reilly. Letterkenny Shamrock style, there, like me - yo'boy Pat Kane from Lon-donnnnnn!"

Interviewer: "Pat, you're from Buffalo... in the USA."
    Pat Kane: "Nah... what?... P.tkachughes are ready!"

Interviewer: "Pat, are you aware that you guys didn't draft a 2nd goalie?"
    Pat Kane: "Seriously... we didn't?!? Just Carter Hart... WTF... (shaking head)... god, this team still doesn't have their shit together... honest to god..."

p.tkachughes 2019-2020 roster:
    C(4): Larkin, J.Hughes, RyJo, Hischier
    LW(4): M.Tkachuk, B.Tkachuk, Domi*, Jenner*
    RW(4): P.Kane, Svechnikov, Radulov, C.White*
    D(6): Makar, AP, Parayko, Morrissey, Suter, Chychrun
    G(1+): Hart, (to be filled)
    BN: K.Hayes-C, Tanev-LW,RW, Necas-C, Hague-D, Byram-D

Possible 2020 NA Slot: Necas, Hague, Byram.
    *FOW from the wing, nom-nom-nom.
    Italicize: Possible D-keepers, nom-nom-nom.

Big Daddy

Hahaha that was good Pengwin.

Dobber Sports Titan

Great post P7 and I love the new team name!

As for the Wheat Kings draft, it was like the Blue Jackets from last season if they had actually won the cup. Basically nothing left.
    Our plan going into the draft was:
    15.4 / 15.9 - F & G - Targets: Markstrom/Miller
    17.5 / 17.11 - F & G - Targets: Gourde/Howard
    20.2 / 20.4 - F & F - Targets: C. White/J. Carter
    22.4 / 22.11 - F & F - Targets: J. Staal/Nelson
    23.2 / 23.3 / 23.5 / 23.6 - F & 3D - Targets: Haula, A. Larsson, Ceci, Pionk

On defence I got Cernak instead of Larsson which is a steal and he's the better own, so I'm stoked he was left.
    In net I got Hank instead of Markstrom, which I'm ambivalent about. Nailed Howard though. Goalies right?
    On F, I nailed Miller, Gourde, and Staal. Had to fill in the rest with Crosby's winger (McCann), Stamkos' centre (Cirelli), Laine/Ehlers' centre (Little + RW designation, boo-yah), and finally a personal favourite of mine, future star Robert Thomas.

Draft went fairly as expected, though a couple young guys went earlier. Carter I decided mid-draft that I didn't want, and some of the Fs left were a little better than I expected. I think there were a couple more defence/goalies and less forwards drafted than I had accounted for.

All in all, with some late picks, I feel like I'm still in a solid position. Couple of teams that look better than mine on paper for sure, but we'll see what happens when the games start.

Dobber Sports Titan

Also I grabbed a screenshot of the projected standings post-draft, so I'll post those when I get home.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    ...and finally a personal favourite of mine, future star Robert Thomas.
    Oh no - don't say that.
    I looooooovvvveee me some Robert Thomas.
    Be interesting to see if you can hold his developing stats on your team while you go for a 3-peat.
    I know a guy who may be able to hold those developing stats on his roster a bit better...

[Kotkaniemi and RT were both contemplated holds by me in my F6 spot until P.Kane came up. I don't think 4T2(SaB) can afford to hold Kotka... same way you can't afford to hold RT. There's a couple extra competing teams, specifically CoB will be back and AA will be strong. It'll be interesting to see if you guys can hold those guys!!!]

Dobber Sports Titan

Oh no - don't say that.
    I looooooovvvveee me some Robert Thomas.
    Be interesting to see if you can hold his developing stats on your team while you go for a 3-peat.
    I know a guy who may be able to hold those developing stats on his roster a bit better...

[Kotkaniemi and RT were both contemplated holds by me in my F6 spot until P.Kane came up. I don't think 4T2(SaB) can afford to hold Kotka... same way you can't afford to hold RT. There's a couple extra competing teams, specifically CoB will be back and AA will be strong. It'll be interesting to see if you guys can hold those guys!!!]
    Definitely going to be interesting. Same way we'll see how long you can hold Radulov
    I'm hopeful/excited to see Thomas in the top-6 this season though, and scoring is tougher to find for my team than peripherals are. So hopefully he fills in.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Final note on the new team name.

Due to complexity of lettering... we will also be accepting the following short version nicknames:

*Pikachus

*Peachooz

Not acceptable:

*Peak-at-Yous

*Poo-Pooz

OK... we'll accept all forms of Peak-At-You remarks.