Page 49 of 53 FirstFirst ... 39 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 LastLast

Thread: Pat Quinn Memorial Cup (PQMC)

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Pat Quinn Memorial Cup (PQMC)

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Yahoo's message board is f*cky lately. The e-mailed messages with keepers came through but they aren't showing up on the board for some reason.

IF you click on the players tab on desktop version though, it only shows players available to draft if that helps at all
    I am trying to figure out who each team kept to help me build my list by removing the keepers. I think the only team I havent nailed down is Tsunami's keepers. I dont have the ability to log into a laptop because I am in Quebec and only have my cell phone and tablet here with me so I need to use the app to figure out keepers.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I am trying to figure out who each team kept to help me build my list by removing the keepers. I think the only team I havent nailed down is Tsunami's keepers. I dont have the ability to log into a laptop because I am in Quebec and only have my cell phone and tablet here with me so I need to use the app to figure out keepers.
    Gaudreau, Dubois, Robertson, Kyrou, Nichushkin, Jarvis
    Mcavoy, Chabot, Dobson, Slavin
    Sorokin
    P.Luukkonen (NA)
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Titan

Can you use a browser on your phone and switch to the desktop version? I do that all the time to get the full site functionality. You can see all the keepers in the draft results thread, but if you still can't get access let me know and I can copy/paste them to you or something.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Gaudreau, Dubois, Robertson, Kyrou, Nichushkin, Jarvis
    Mcavoy, Chabot, Dobson, Slavin
    Sorokin
    P.Luukkonen (NA)
    Thanks

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Excited for Monday boys. Let the season begin.

Dobber Sports Stud

Monday, sure…. but actual NHL hockey starts in 6 days !!

Dobber Sports Immortal

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Picking #2!!!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Draft review coming....at some point.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Draft review coming....at some point.
    1 star review for the commish and the league after that trainwreck last night haha
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Titan

Always check your roster, commish has a lot on their plate leading up to a draft especially if you brought it up before, make sure the fix happened. You know your roster more than the commish.

It worked out after the snowballing issue. The chat option on the draft board has always been way to small for me. Remove some of the BS, or make the chat an option to explode into another window. That'll be my excuse, I rarely read the chat in drafts anymore.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

Round 1 (Pick #1, #11)
    #1 – Wright. Decided to go with the rookie. I was pretty split between Andersen and Wright for all weekend. There was a couple of times I debated on Kreider for the hits for my team. When I made the trade for the 1st overall it was initially for Slaf or Wright, and once I saw Slaf in pre-season he was eliminated.
    #11 – Reinhart. He fell a bit, decided to get more points on the roster. I was hoping for a goalie here, but with MAF as the only real de facto #1 left, I decided to wait on goalies.

Round 2 (Pick #17, 20, 23, 24)
    #17 – Pavelski. Faceoff wins, some hits, points. Checks my boxes
    #20 – Kadri. I decided to go in on the faceoffs. Larkin, Drais, Paves, and Eichel should help me do a lot better this yr than last yr in that cat
    #23 – Batherson. If MAF was here I would have gone him. But another hitting forward to make up for my defense is handy
    #24 – Francouz. I probably reached on him, but I really wanted a tandem of either the Avs or the Leafs. Didn’t like anyone really around this pick for players, decided to jump the gun for my G2.

Round 3 (Pick #29, 32, 33, 35)
    #29 – Kempe. Looking back, maybe not the best pick with Fiala likely taking a lot of his opportunities away. This is likely a bust of a pick
    #32 – Pulock. I wanted a hitting and blocking D. Hope he stays healthy and gets to be a 40pt guy.
    #33 – Keller. Keller is someone I actually wanted. But obviously this was part of the Rossi problem. I likely would have gone with my next pick if Keller wasn’t there
    #35 – Georgiev. Close up the Colorado Tandem loop. If I picked Georgiev at #33, I would have prolly looked at Faulk at #35.

Round 4 (Pick #41, 47)
    #41 – Terry. I did not want to pick Terry. But my Queue only had Samsonov and Murray in it, and I didn’t want them. In hindsight, I should have gone Murray. If not Terry or Murray, Bunting would have been nice.
    #47 – Tom Wilson. IR guy. I was debating on Zucc or Wilson, but hoping for a good recovery from Wilson for a playoff run. He’ll return by Christmas or the ASG it sounds like.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    1 star review for the commish and the league after that trainwreck last night haha
    100 star review.

Dobber Sports Titan

My prep for this draft was that once I had put in keepers I took five minutes to look at F/D/G to see who was available that I liked. Didn't get a chance to rank them, didn't have a list or an order, or anything that I actually carrier to the draft room. Figured I would be able to focus once I got there...

[Life is what happens when you're making other plans. Also, babies/kids apparently can hear your thoughts of making plans, and auto-tune to destroy them.]

Was a little distracted with my one-year-old for the first pick. Had Reinhart queued up for pick #12, and really hadn't had a chance to look elsewhere. When he went the pick before I had a 30-second internal debate between Buch and Marchessault. Didn't want too many Blues this year, and figured I would need the shots March brings

Shit hit the fan now between the draft going off the rails from Yahoo not saving a keeper who was then picked, and my screaming kid who did not agree that it was bedtime.

My next pick was pick-60 and I used that to solve the trainwreck, ending the loop. Tuch was the top guy on my list, so I picked him to give to Tsunami to sort all that out. Had my Cs sorted with my keepers, and I don't like goalies, so at least it was positionally easy to look ahead in the draft for me.

Between picks 57-109 in our draft, I had eight picks. Needed to fill out my wingers, and get at least one decent Dman. Tried to find some top-line or at least top-six guys that are in line for some kind of PP time.

Palat, Lehkonen, Nino, Voracek, Dach, Moore, Joseph filled out my wingers nicely with a blend of stats, and some upside. No one I couldn't dump in a trade or for the right waiver claim though, so I'll probably have a bunch of turnover. Managed to snag Dumba who may not get PP1 time, but he's a possibility for a new team, and at least brings some solid peripherals.

Got sniped a few times as things go with GMs like this, but no one that I lost my head over.

Took Reimer next as I needed a second goalie. In all the chaos I knew it would be too much to look at goalies too, so I ignored them as I tend to do anyways. SJ plays four times in matchup 1, so I at least get a couple extra starts out of Reims and can quickly see how he looks early.

Erik Cernak becomes my last "draft pick" and fills out D#6. Seems to end up on my team every year. He's a peripherals beast, and without McDonagh may see even more ice time --> more peripherals.

In giving up Tuch, I had an empty spot, and post-draft filled that in with Tomasino. Top-six guy with upside, and plays four games in matchup 1.

We'll see how things shake out, but I'll need some luck and to spend some draft picks just to make the playoffs this year.

Dobber Sports Deity

My draft went to shit early and often. I had no no 1st round pick, my 2nd round pick was done through my queue via autodraft because I didnt see that I was on the clock and I had no 3rd round pick. So within the first 3 rounds, I got Perunovich. I had a few young Dmen setup in my queue so I wouldnt forget them as the draft proceeded and since I missed my pick, it took the first one I searched. Shitshow.

At that point, my priority became improving my D keepers, seeing as no one likes to trade anyone worth keeping, by drafting a few younger ones like Perunovich, Addison and Edvinsson.

I really need to rethink my strategy here in this league and start to tear this down and build it back up for the long haul. I didnt see anyone in the draft I considered as a potential forward keeper compared to what I already had but who knows how this will play out with some of my picks.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Ancaster Royals

1.2 - Frederik Andersen
    With my 6 F keepers pretty well set, I knew I was either going Andersen or Kreider here. Not that I don't love high upside, but I don't think any young player I thought about would surpass Zegras or Caufield anytime soon. So it was more BPA. I went Freddie since I didn't want to risk waiting for a G with my next pick. Praying for health on one of the best teams in the league.

1.8 - Tomas Hertl
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Already don't love this pick over some of the other players available. But he does perform across the board and gives me a top FW guy.

3.2 - Matt Duchene
    Another not flashy pick here but I think it's great value if he comes close to last year. Sprinkle in some more FWs helps too.

3.12 - Zach Hyman
    Getting a piece of McDavid or Leon is always a good thing. Was going to take Georgiev as my 3rd goalie but he was sniped.

4.2 - Rasmus Andersson
    Debated Faulk here and kind of wish I did. He went 2 picks later.

5.2 - Kent Johnson
    I'm ok with the upside pick in round 5. But worried I went too early and will regret it with some of the great players that went after.

6.2 - Cal Petersen
    Goalies were thin and I wanted a 3rd guy.

7.5 - Sam Girard
    Not sure what I was thinking taking Girard over Barrie.....

8.2 - Cole Sillinger
    Guess I'm a Blue Jackets fan....

10.4 - Alex Killorn
    After some upside, goalie and D picks, I just need someone reliable. Stamkos, Kuch and Killorn now locked and ready to go.

11.2 - Cole Perfetti
    Getting Perfetti here made me wish I left Johnson or Sillinger earlier on. Man I'm not liking this review.

13.2 - Nick Schmaltz
    Give me points.

13.5 - OEL
    Does a bit of everything so I was ok taking him as a bench Dman. Especially after Edvinsson went. Jerk.

So we'll see how it goes. I already wish I stuck to just taking BPA instead of some of those upside picks. I'm still ok that I went Freddie as I'd rather have Freddie and Hertl over say Kreider and Kuemper.