Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Acquiring Chuckie

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Acquiring Chuckie

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I wouldn't trade any of the guys he listed straight for Gally. Just tell him to re-evaluate his players (life?), and then you can talk.

I told him I would "think about some things" when in reality I am just going to reply to him and tell thanks but no thanks. Losing too much, he can bitch all he wants...I am the commish
    2017-2018 League Champion
    Salary Dynasty League 20 teams
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PPP-SHP-(+/-)-PIM-SOG-GWG-HITS-BLKS / W-L-OL-GA-SV-SO
    PLAYOFFS COINCIDE WITH NHL PLAYOFFS

F- Gourde, E. Lindholm, R. Smith, Gaudreau, Ovechkin, Draisaitl, Crosby, Labanc, Kerfoot, Haula, E. Kane, Aston-Reese, Vatrano
    D- Karlsson, Letang, Niskanen, Schultz, Dumoulin, Polak
    G- Binnington, Dubnyk, Bobrovsky

Minors:
    F: Erne, Saarela, Hannikainen, Hagel, F. Perron, Pollock, Ully, Amadio, Kotkov, Wallmark, Phillips, Pitlick, Haapala
    D: Djoos, Johansen, Cholowski, Zboril, Bowey, Niku, Pedan, Weegar
    G: Huska, Copley

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    Not sure why he would even want to deal Galchenyuk if he wants help now. Gally is the type of guy that will help him now. I agree that Gally and Schwartz is far too much for Voracek. Straight up you could go either way, but I think I'd take Galchenyuk.

As you said, his counters are ridiculous. I was thinking the same as newfcollins in trying to work something around Kessel, and trying to get him to add something, although that sounds unlikely.

You would need a large plus to move Subban, although I admittedly do not understand how much the salaries affect value in this league.
    I think Kessel is a smart move that could get the best return, but it seems to me that he is much too focused on my young studs (minus Malkin being young) than anything. Subban is honestly untouchable on my team, I don't have the dline to back up his loss, if I had more top shelf dmen then I would consider a trade but my d consists of Subban and backup singers really. Koekkoek and Pouliot are high on the prospect list as is DeAngelo but they aren't close to helping me now

F- Gourde, E. Lindholm, R. Smith, Gaudreau, Ovechkin, Draisaitl, Crosby, Labanc, Kerfoot, Haula, E. Kane, Aston-Reese, Vatrano

Minors:
    F: Erne, Saarela, Hannikainen, Hagel, F. Perron, Pollock, Ully, Amadio, Kotkov, Wallmark, Phillips, Pitlick, Haapala

Dobber Sports Stud

wheeler eichel 7th
    for
    malkin (help him now) gudreau (help him now) and bouwmeester (lots of cap dump with a name that this guy sounds like he would fall for)
    10 Team Keeper (5)
    Head-to-Head
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK
    3 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 UTIL, 2 GOALIE

C: Barzal, Mcdavid, J. Staal, Mackinnon, Matthews,

LW: Guentzal, Lee, J.T Miller, Rakell

RW: Point, Nylander, Perron, Marner, Laine

D: Carlson, Hedman, Petry, Byfuglien, McAvoy

G: M. Jones, Price

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Triplea14 View Post
    wheeler eichel 7th
    for
    malkin (help him now) gudreau (help him now) and bouwmeester (lots of cap dump with a name that this guy sounds like he would fall for)
    I think you could get more for Malkin and Gaudreau if you traded them separately. Also this doesn't get him Galchenyuk.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

Well that's because he was talking about getting eichel before and he's better than galchenyuk. He's asked about 25 different guys. Tough to keep them all straight
    10 Team Keeper (5)
    Head-to-Head

Dobber Sports Titan

Well that's because he was talking about getting eichel before and he's better than galchenyuk. He's asked about 25 different guys. Tough to keep them all straight
    Gotcha. Makes more sense now.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by xdmurda View Post
    I told him I would think about a decent offer to send him, he responds with: "okay, i'd really like to get subban in a deal revolving around gally. i'm willing to talk though. the only guys that intrigue me on your team are subban, gaudreau, malkin, voracek, dubnyk in that order."

he thinks Pavelec for Dubnyk is fair...i dont think he knows a thing about Hells Belles likely taking over since he's clearly the better goalie, or maybe he does and thinks I am a fool.
    He would need to add a lot more than Schwartz to get those first 3 guys and Galy+Schwartz is probably the minimum I'd accept for Voracek.

It only makes sense acquiring Galchenyuk if you can get him at a bargain as there is no evidence yet that he's anything more than a 60 pt player. He may have potential for 70 but trading a proven 70 pointer for him is not productive. If you could grab him for a proven 60 with 65 ceiling then it's worth it but this GM is too high on his player making it a waste of time

Dobber Sports Sophomore

The only player he has that I'd value as high as Subban, Gaudreau, Malkin is Eichel. That is his only stud and he is probably overvaluing Galchenyuk, Toews, etc because they are some of HIS best players, but only because he has a weak team. Tell him if he's not serious about making a fair value trade then you're out

Honestly I could care less about getting Eichel cause I know I would be overpaying and I know I don't have a strong enough team to lose those 3 studs to get him. I apologize if I have posted too much in regards to trades and acquiring certain players, I know it's a pain and I appreciate all the help you guys have given me over the last few weeks or so. Just been trying to beef up my team and as you can see, in this league its really tough to negotiate trades without them thinking stupid high of their own players is all. Again, I apologize if I am asking too many questions and opinions. Probably just going to leave things be for now and let the pieces fall

Minors:

Quote Originally Posted by Chunky Chunks View Post
    The only player he has that I'd value as high as Subban, Gaudreau, Malkin is Eichel. That is his only stud and he is probably overvaluing Galchenyuk, Toews, etc because they are some of HIS best players, but only because he has a weak team. Tell him if he's not serious about making a fair value trade then you're out

Yeah that is what I am doing, I would be selling much too low on Voracek unless it got me Galy+Schwartz but I know he doesn't think that way. Like you said before, I am trading away proven talent for players that do have the potential for putting up solid points but nothing proven as of today. And yeah I agree that he is overvaluing Galy and Toews because that's really all he has.

Minors:

Dobber Sports Stud

hahaha no reason to apologize thats literally what these threads are here for and i love talking trades. was just pointing out that i got confused as to who we were trying to deal for
    10 Team Keeper (5)
    Head-to-Head

hahaha no reason to apologize thats literally what these threads are here for and i love talking trades. was just pointing out that i got confused as to who we were trying to deal for
    Haha yeah I know, it's a lot going on so I certainly understand the confusion. I just told the guy thanks but no thanks, maybe later in the season when his "studs" have proven me wrong then we can come back to it but right now I am not trading away PPG or close to PPG players for the possibility of an upside. And definitely not losing Subban who's my main dman.

Minors:

Dobber Sports Prodigy

A little precision about Galchenyuk nickname... Since Gallagher and Galchenyuk had the same nickname (Gally), Galchenyuk became "Chucky".

http://m.thn.com/articles/49703-Galc...Canadiens.html

Quote Originally Posted by C4RL View Post
    A little precision about Galchenyuk nickname... Since Gallagher and Galchenyuk had the same nickname (Gally), Galchenyuk became "Chucky".

YES! Thank you, for a minute there I thought I was losing my mind haha

Minors:

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by C4RL View Post

I can get behind that. I have generally just been typing out both their full names, or making it B. Gally or something just to specify. Chucky it is from now on though for Alex