Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Fatigue League Discussion Thread

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Fatigue League Discussion Thread

Definitely feeling some draft fatigue and looking forward to getting through some of these. Having to do the redrafts halfway through the year again is not an exciting idea...haha.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Fixed my AHL and NCAA picks. Oops!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Fixed my AHL and NCAA picks. Oops!
    Thanks for the quick fix!

Dobber Sports Icon

Sorry for the rather sudden and sustained disappearance but my father passed away Friday. I will continue to be away from these drafts until further notice but if I happen to look at the forum while I am up, I will make a pick.

Thank you for making my picks for me while I am away.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

My condolences, to you and your family.
    Terry

Dobber Sports Ninja

Very sorry to hear that Jeff. We've (Terry) got you covered until you're ready to take over. There are things more important than fantasy hockey.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Yes, Agree, family become before fantasy hockey!

Question for Comish -

Do you know how you plan on doing the mid-season redrafts?

I was thinking of a schedule where we get all the picks done in 1 night/day? I suggest that the drops be made one day and the draft for that league be made the following day?

Example -

Day 1 - WHL drops submitted by 10 pm
    Day 2 - OHL drops submitted by 10 pm - WHL draft rounds 1 and 2
    Day 3 - QMJHL drops submitted by 10pm - OHL drafts round 1 and 2

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Question for Comish -

Do you know how you plan on doing the mid-season redrafts?

I was thinking of a schedule where we get all the picks done in 1 night/day? I suggest that the drops be made one day and the draft for that league be made the following day?

Example -

Day 1 - WHL drops submitted by 10 pm
    Day 2 - OHL drops submitted by 10 pm - WHL draft rounds 1 and 2
    Day 3 - QMJHL drops submitted by 10pm - OHL drafts round 1 and 2
    I'll think about how to do this, but yeah, I don't think we want to drag these mid-season/All-Star Break re-drafts on any longer than 2 days max. With these, we should be able to find one evening where everyone is available. There's only 8 of us and it should take less than an hour to make a total of 16 picks. Another thing in our favour, we can pick pretty much any date we want around the mid-season or ASB.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I'll think about how to do this, but yeah, I don't think we want to drag these mid-season/All-Star Break re-drafts on any longer than 2 days max. With these, we should be able to find one evening where everyone is available. There's only 8 of us and it should take less than an hour to make a total of 16 picks. Another thing in our favour, we can pick pretty much any date we want around the mid-season or ASB.
    Yes, but we have to find how many nights where everyone is available... all the leagues we have drafted so far (less the World Cup).

I would be curious to see how everyone strategized and prepared for all the drafts.

Euro league - I focused on decent floor players. I looked for guys that had a couple good years in a row and not just one good season. I also tried to focus on players that were playing on the same team as prior years. I also tried to stay away from players that were over 33.

Junior drafts - I tried to stay away from 20 year olds, was hoping to get 18 and 19 year olds that had good seasons the year before. I tried to find a few 17 year olds that might have huge seasons.

NHL draft - I used a math formula to try and formed 2 values for each player. A value above the next available player for the team, and a number above the 8th best option for that team. I also took a multiple and applied it to defense to try and get them on a similar page so the values worked for D and forwards.

AHL and NCAA - with things getting busy with these drafts staring I took the approach of looking at stats so far and pick the best player available at current date

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I would be curious to see how everyone strategized and prepared for all the drafts.

Euro league - I focused on decent floor players. I looked for guys that had a couple good years in a row and not just one good season. I also tried to focus on players that were playing on the same team as prior years. I also tried to stay away from players that were over 33.

Junior drafts - I tried to stay away from 20 year olds, was hoping to get 18 and 19 year olds that had good seasons the year before. I tried to find a few 17 year olds that might have huge seasons.

NHL draft - I used a math formula to try and formed 2 values for each player. A value above the next available player for the team, and a number above the 8th best option for that team. I also took a multiple and applied it to defense to try and get them on a similar page so the values worked for D and forwards.

AHL and NCAA - with things getting busy with these drafts staring I took the approach of looking at stats so far and pick the best player available at current date
    I winged it for every draft. No lists or anything. No time for that!

I basically sorted by points per game, found a few decent options, looked at their past history, and then fired away.

The NHL was the only one I had any kind of plan for. I just tried to take either the best available player that was the best on his team by the greatest margin, or, once things got down to the leftovers, tried to selectively pick players off teams that might be shallow in the scoring a little earlier than others.

I have no idea how any of this will work out.

Dobber Sports Icon

I just looked at the AHL draft. It really hurts when the guy you pick with the 3rd overall pick in the draft has ZERO AHL games played for the year. The good news is that he is now on his 3rd NHL team this season.

When's the next draft?!!

Dobber Sports Ninja

For those that might be casually following this league, here are the standings as of 26 Nov:

1 PenguinHunter 63
    2 Mercs 62
    3 Bubba55 61
    4 doulos 47.5
    5 chuckcouples 45
    6 DangerCat 39.5
    7 The Comish 39
    8 capermac19 39
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Icon

I am getting the itch to draft again. When do we get to do that?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    I am getting the itch to draft again. When do we get to do that?
    I've been crazy busy with work over the last few weeks - I haven't been able to give this much thought. The World Junior's are next and it's one of those that we HAVE to have done before the drop of the puck 26 Dec. I'd like to have the rosters finalized, but realistically, we are unlikely to be picking the bubble guys. I'll try to look at it this weekend.