Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: [2016] Dobber NFL Wins Pool

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: [2016] Dobber NFL Wins Pool

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Maybe an easier way to do it would be to find some betting lines on wins for the season and figure out who has the most potential wins based on that. That way, it doesn't matter where a certain team was drafted, just that you have predictions on potential wins.

I had planned to do something like that, but work got extremely busy the last two days.
    I am sure several guys drafting would have used lists like this, however it was mentioned earlier in the thread that most projections try to bring teams as close to 8-8 as possible.

And if the dobberites are all using different ranking systems.. then this calculation should accumulate the results of the different ones used.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    ...find some betting lines on wins for the season...
    For a mass-popular sport like football, yes - there are no "smarter" projections than Vegas, as they need to make their dollar through their own accuracy.
    I'd be pretty certain that my picks would win a sum of 4-teams from any betting agency.
    A couple teams fell very nicely to me that were ranked 2-3 spots higher on a bettors list.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    For a mass-popular sport like football, yes - there are no "smarter" projections than Vegas, as they need to make their dollar through their own accuracy.
    I'd be pretty certain that my picks would win a sum of 4-teams from any betting agency.
    A couple teams fell very nicely to me that were ranked 2-3 spots higher on a bettors list.
    You are taking Bengals and Chargers right? Yes, cause my eyes were getting big hoping you let them slip once more! haha

I just need GB to get 13 wins, Houston 10 wins, NYG 9-10 wins, and SF to muster up 5-6 wins.. Then I might have a chance!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I just need GB to get 13 wins, Houston 10 wins, NYG 9-10 wins, and SF to muster up 5-6 wins.. Then I might have a chance!!
    39 wins.. that would be solid for you! nice