Thread: McGregor Diaz II

Dobber Sports Star

Default McGregor Diaz II

So... We had 2 55 inch TVs side by side in the living room tonight, one showing the Hip concert, and the other showing UFC 202. It was one amazing card, top to bottom. McGregor / Diaz might be one of the greatest fights I have ever seen. If you missed it, find it... Watch it... You will not be disappointed.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: McGregor Diaz II

Watched the Hip concert and missed the fight. According to the tweets I saw though, it was an impressive spectacle in and of itself. But the Hip won out for me last night.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

The Great One

Plenty of videos on social media... Of both!
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I need to see this fight.. Was tired from ball yesterday and could only stay up to see Gord's final performance..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Sage

It was an amazing fight. I would put it at a Gatti/Ward caliber if comparing to just fights. Watched it 3 times now and I think the judges got the winner wrong but still a great, great fight
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Administrator

Awesome fight. It was a very difficult one to judge because of how often the momentum would change within the same round.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

I think they got it right but McG is lucky that he got that second wind
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Ninja

It was a pretty good fight to watch that's for sure. I would rather see McGregor defend his belt instead of a third bout. Diaz can take all sorts of abuse, we get it. McGregor can punch above his weight (you see what I did there!? lol). Let's move on. Why should McGregor hold up title shots for these grudge matches...other than the money and exposure it gives the UFC, yeah, other than that? What if McGregor loses that third bout? Does he demand a rematch until he beats Diaz again? Ugh, it's been done twice, let's change the channel and see some other match ups.

I watched the post fight interviews and Diaz was still punch drunk. It's great that he can take all sorts of abuse, but that can't be good for your brain.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by GeraldDelgado View Post
    I do have two TVs in my home, but not in the same room. I tried in the beginning but couldn't concentrate and enjoy either one. By the way, UFC 202 fight (McGregor / Diaz) is the one I keep watching again and again. Really, one of the greatest fights of the UFC history.
    Yep, UFC 202 fight is one of my favorites too. Watching two TVs simultaneously is not practical, in my humble opinion.

Dobber Sports Recruit

That's it. We will not see McGregor in the octagon anymore. I wish I could see him against Aldo one more time.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by kevlevrone View Post
    That's it. We will not see McGregor in the octagon anymore. I wish I could see him against Aldo one more time.
    Sadly, McGregor talked his way into irrelevance.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Veteran

McGregor vs ??? in a boxing match will be announced before '19 is over, you can book it.

Dobber Sports Recruit

yuppieeeee the UFC 202 fight is one of my favorites too.. I love it

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Sadly, McGregor talked his way into irrelevance.

Rylant

The pairing previously met earlier in the year at UFC 196. McGregor was expected to challenge then UFC Lightweight Champion Rafael dos Anjos, but dos Anjos pulled out due to a broken foot only 11 days before the event.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by The Comishs View Post
    It was a pretty good fight to watch that's for sure. I would rather see McGregor defend his belt instead of a third bout. Diaz can take all sorts of abuse, we get it. McGregor can punch above his weight (you see what I did there!? lol). Let's move on. Why should McGregor hold up title shots for these grudge matches...other than the money and exposure it gives the UFC, yeah, other than that? What if McGregor loses that third bout? Does he demand a rematch until he beats Diaz again? Ugh, it's been done twice, let's change the channel and see some other match ups.

I watched the post fight interviews and Diaz was still punch drunk. It's great that he can take all sorts of abuse, but that can't be good for your brain.
    This article is a throwback to the famous McGregor vs Diaz 2, where Conor McGregor fought against Nate Diaz for the second time at UFC 202