Thread: "Anyone on my team is available"

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default "Anyone on my team is available"

Manager in my league has said that anyone on his team is available even his 3rd overall pick in this years draft, I had made an offer to him at the end of last season that would have me giving up Price for Bishop, Murray, and Seguin and he was on the fence about it but inevitably told me that he would wait until next season to make a decision. I'm thinking I could make this offer again to him and see what he thinks but I would also like to see if there is another option that can net me a solid defenseman (he has Hanifin and Hedman). I think the Price trade is a solid return but do you guys have any other suggestions?

All cats count in a 20 team salary dynasty league, goalies and defense hold more value than forwards. Here's my team:

Here's my full team:

Beau Bennet ($800,000)
    Andrew Cogliano (2.9mil)
    Brett Connolly (1.025mil)
    Michael Frolik (5.5mil)
    Ryan Garbutt (1.025mil)
    Jonny Gaudreau (925,000)
    Erik Haula (950,000)
    Phil Kessel (6mil)
    Adam Lowry (925,000)
    Evgeni Malkin (9.5mil)
    William Nylander (832,500)
    Jakub Voracek (4.25mil)
    Kevin Klein (3mil)
    Slater Koekkoek (925,000)
    Dmitry Orlov (1.75mil)
    Andrey Pedan (792,500)
    P.K. Subban (7mil)
    Matt Calvert (1.5mil)
    David Desharnais (3.5mil)
    Mark Letestu (1.8mil)
    Riley Nash (1.15mil)
    Drew Stafford (4.35mil)
    Jay Bouwmeester (5.6mil)
    John-Michael Liles (2.75mil)
    Mark Stuart (3.3mil)
    Carey Price (7mil)
    Devan Dubnyk (5mil)
    Eddie Lack (1.3mil)

Prospects: Aberg, Amadio, Clark Bishop, Brassart, Cornel, Dzingel, Adam Erne, Fiala, Gourde, Ikonen, Jensen, Kaprizov, Khaira, Kosmachuk, Kuhnhackl, Lehkonen, Leipsic, Lyubimov, McCarron, Palushaj, Pelletier, Pollock, Salomaki, Ully, Carlo, Culkin, DeAngelo, V Dunn, Ebert, Gavrikov, Hache, Harrington, Pokka, Pouliot, Valiev, Weegar, Jarry, Fucale, Mazanec, Michalek. Picks 12th in rounds 3-7

Manager involved in a possible trade team:

Forwards: Callahan, Ehlers, McLeod, Pastrnak, V Rask, Seguin, Shore, Sisson, Stastny, Copp, Di Giuseppe, Eberle, Gallagher, Josefson, Moore, Nordstrom, Rinaldo, Zack Smith
    Defense: Hanifin, Hedman, Nurse, Petrovic, Franson, Olsen, Prout, Quincey, Savard
    Goalies: Bishop, Murray, Niemi, Raanta
    Prospects: Bittner, Bjork, Bjorkstrand, Boucher, Clapperton, Ferlin, Forsbacka Karlsson, Fox, Friberg, Heard, Helewka, Hrivik, Joseph, Klimchuck, Lafferty, Looke, Marsh, Pitlick, Rantanen, Rau, Sadowy, St. Croix, Stransky, Sundqvist, Arnesson, Carlsson, Collins, Englund, kanzig, Peters, Santini, Sieloff, Van Somppel, Warsofsky, Gudlevskis, Husso, Moran, Vladar
    Draft Picks: 3rd overall, 2nd round 3rd pick and 8th pick, 3rd pick in round 3-7

2017-2018 League Champion
    Salary Dynasty League 20 teams
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PPP-SHP-(+/-)-PIM-SOG-GWG-HITS-BLKS / W-L-OL-GA-SV-SO
    PLAYOFFS COINCIDE WITH NHL PLAYOFFS

F- Gourde, E. Lindholm, R. Smith, Gaudreau, Ovechkin, Draisaitl, Crosby, Labanc, Kerfoot, Haula, E. Kane, Aston-Reese, Vatrano
    D- Karlsson, Letang, Niskanen, Schultz, Dumoulin, Polak
    G- Binnington, Dubnyk, Bobrovsky

Minors:
    F: Erne, Saarela, Hannikainen, Hagel, F. Perron, Pollock, Ully, Amadio, Kotkov, Wallmark, Phillips, Pitlick, Haapala
    D: Djoos, Johansen, Cholowski, Zboril, Bowey, Niku, Pedan, Weegar
    G: Huska, Copley

The Great One

Default Re: "Anyone on my team is available"

Could you absorb all that coming back? That's a hell of a return on Price if you can
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Guru

How close are you to your league's cap? I ask because you still have Gaudreau to sign, and Voracek should be at $8ish million. And Subban should be at $9 million. So you could be in cap trouble if you bring in Bishop ($6 million) and Seguin (just under $6 million). But you might be using different criteria.

Anyways, I would go with Price for Bishop, Murray, and Seguin if he's willing to do that deal. Or maybe swap out Murray for the third overall and Hanifin and add something else on your side to make it more even. But that might be getting greedy.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Yeah I am pretty close to the cap of $90mil, but I do have players that I could drop to make room for (Liles, Stuart, Letestu) what is incoming. I am also still trying to offload Malkin which could clear space as well, maybe try to add him in with Price to get the best possible deal? The other manager has about $15mil to spare, so it's not out of the question. I am not sure what salaries are being used exactly, hence why Voracek is at $4.25 right now but I know I could be seeing cap trouble soon

F- Gourde, E. Lindholm, R. Smith, Gaudreau, Ovechkin, Draisaitl, Crosby, Labanc, Kerfoot, Haula, E. Kane, Aston-Reese, Vatrano

Minors:
    F: Erne, Saarela, Hannikainen, Hagel, F. Perron, Pollock, Ully, Amadio, Kotkov, Wallmark, Phillips, Pitlick, Haapala

Dobber Sports Demi-God

There should not be a sane GM that will give you Bishop/Murray/Seguin for just Price.

Dobber Sports Stud

I say take advantage of his insanity then
    10 Team Keeper (5)
    Head-to-Head
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK
    3 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 UTIL, 2 GOALIE

C: Barzal, Mcdavid, J. Staal, Mackinnon, Matthews,

LW: Guentzal, Lee, J.T Miller, Rakell

RW: Point, Nylander, Perron, Marner, Laine

D: Carlson, Hedman, Petry, Byfuglien, McAvoy

G: M. Jones, Price

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    There should not be a sane GM that will give you Bishop/Murray/Seguin for just Price.

In my defense, he was honestly considering it. Goalies are extremely valuable in our league, the top player in the league was Holtby who had 4074pts, top 5 players last season were goalies followed by Burns, Kane, and Karlsson so its not like he isn't getting the best value honestly. Price, in the 12 games he played, got me 89.5 points per game. If he plays 60 games next season thats 5370pts in a season and easily the best player in our league.

Minors:

Dobber Sports Grand Master

If you can get Price for that, do it and run. That's a laughably bad deal for him. Worry about the cap issues later.

Dobber Sports Giant

Trim the ''cap fat'' and cut J-Bo for starters and take the trio of greatness coming back ASAP if the offer is considered by the other manager. As a Price owner, that offer is ridiculous (in your favor of course).
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Send Malkin & Price and a pick for what you originally wanted and either somebody else you find useful and a pick upgrade, or just the #3 pick.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Manager came to his senses a bit and sent me what I think is the worst start to a trade talk:

I give Jonny Gaudreau and W Nylander
    I get Forsbacka-Karlsson and 3rd overall in this years draft

I don't mind the 3rd overall for Nylander but the rest is garbage to me. He said it was just a conversation starter, but if I could do Price, Malkin, Nylander for Bishop, Seguin and a 3rd that's not a bad return, right? Maybe could add Hanifin or Bjorkstrand to the deal? I am not looking to move Gaudreau unless I am getting something equal in return, no chance I am moving him for some "possibilities" of a good player

- - - Updated - - -

Manager came to his senses a bit and sent me what I think is the worst start to a trade talk:

I give Jonny Gaudreau and W Nylander
    I get Forsbacka-Karlsson and 3rd overall in this years draft

I don't mind the 3rd overall for Nylander but the rest is garbage to me. He said it was just a conversation starter, but if I could do Price, Malkin, Nylander for Bishop, Seguin and a 3rd that's not a bad return, right? Maybe could add Hanifin or Bjorkstrand to the deal? I am not looking to move Gaudreau unless I am getting something equal in return, no chance I am moving him for some "possibilities" of a good player

Minors:

Dobber Sports Ace

Horrible offer from him
    14 team h/h dynasty
    Stats, G A PTS PIM +/- PPP SHP GWG shts TOI hts/blks W sv% gaa SO
    $89 mill salary cap, cap hits
    minors- players under 60 gms, goalies under 30 gms
    3c 3lw 3rw 4d 2util 1goal
    max 23 plyr rstr, 15 minors

CENTERS Kuznetsov, Necas, Petterson, Hughes, D.Strome, Seguin, Hayes, Scheifele
    LEFTWING Gaudreau, Mantha, Forsberg, Keller
    RIGHTWING Kakko , Debrincat, Thomas, Konecny
    D-MEN Girard, Provorov, McCavoy, Dobson, Makar
    GOALIES Gibson, Shesterkin, Sorokin
    IR
    MINORS Brannstrom, Kostin, Dennisenko, Kaprizov, Tippett, Cozens, Tolvanen, Zegras, Byfield , Vessalainen, K.Miller, Kyrou, Janik, Bokk, Lundell, Heinola, Hoglander, Lundkvist