Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Saad for Nylander

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Saad for Nylander

I prefer Nylander over Bjugstad as well.

Dobber Sports Pro

I own Nylander and would not trade him for Saad for sure, even in a win now mode. I dont think there will be too much difference in points after next season..
    Maybe Saad 56 and Nylander 46 something like this...
    than in 2017-2018 , Nylander might/should be better point Producer than Saad.

+ you have MAtthews and Marner effect coming...SO yes I would give Saad to get Nylander.

And no, do not trade Saad for Bjugstad... Bjugstad is nothing in fantasy hockey right now and really easy to find similar or better player.
    6 teams dynasty pool,points only,no pos. for F, Keep All, 12F, 6D, 2G count.....backup=6F, 4D, 2G, 4 roster moves( 2 at 30th game and 2 at NHL deadline)
    F- , P. Kane,Eichel, DeBrincat, Kopitar, Wheeler, Kuznetsov, Point, Huberdeau, Verhaghe, Bergeron,Keller, Batherson, Schmaltz, W.Nylander, Buchnevich,Rantanen
    D- Makar, Gostisbehere, Carlson, Burns, Barrie, M. Rielly, Hronek, DeAngelo, KA Miller
    G- Vasilevskyi, Sorokin, Campbell, Markstrom
    Farm: Lundell, Guenther, Holtz, Glass, E. Svechnikov, Denisenko, Newhook, Heponiemi, Lauko,Neighbours, Bokk N. Foote, Borgstrom, Dahlen, Bokk, S. Poulin, Zelleweger, Liljegren, Heinola, Perunovich, S. Knight.

The Great One

I think Torts is a Saad fan so not sure I agree with his drop off. Personally I think Saad out produces Nylander this season AND NEXT but after that it will be tight. I agree with the sentiment it may be getting in on the ground floor with Nylander I would just expect the wait
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Stud

I would do it absolutely. Higher upside and if he hits or shows flashes of his potential this will be your last chance to get him that cheap
    10 Team Keeper (5)
    Head-to-Head
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK
    3 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 UTIL, 2 GOALIE

C: Barzal, Mcdavid, J. Staal, Mackinnon, Matthews,

LW: Guentzal, Lee, J.T Miller, Rakell

RW: Point, Nylander, Perron, Marner, Laine

D: Carlson, Hedman, Petry, Byfuglien, McAvoy

G: M. Jones, Price

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I like Saad in this one. Saad is proven and you know exactly what you are going to get from him. Nylander hasn't done anything but prove he can play in the minors. If you're going for the win now, Saad is your guy.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by You Don't Know Jack View Post
    I like Saad in this one. Saad is proven and you know exactly what you are going to get from him. Nylander hasn't done anything but prove he can play in the minors. If you're going for the win now, Saad is your guy.
    Right............He's done nothing except score 13 points in 22 games on the last place team when ALL of the top players were injured............youre right NOTHING
    10 Team Keeper (5)
    Head-to-Head

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Triplea14 View Post
    Right............He's done nothing except score 13 points in 22 games on the last place team when ALL of the top players were injured............youre right NOTHING
    Who Alexander Daigle? Remember him?

- - - Updated - - -

Play a couple of seasons with monsters, not 22 games.

Dobber Sports Stud

oh yesss because nylander wasnt drafted first overall, and since when can we just compare every player possible to a specific draft flop with absolutely no avidence to back it up? just to make our point.

aptly named btw
    10 Team Keeper (5)
    Head-to-Head

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Evidence

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by You Don't Know Jack View Post
    Who Alexander Daigle? Remember him?

- - - Updated - - -

Play a couple of seasons with monsters, not 22 games.
    1. Daigle never scored 13 in 22 games in the NHL at any age
    2. He never went pt/gm at 19 in the AHL - And if not for the injury - concussion/surgery last year he (Nylander) would have been well above pt/gm pace in the AHL - At 19.
    3. he never went almost pt per game at 17 in the SEL.

Nylander pre-2016 draft was the top ranked prospect by Dobber. He's dropped all the way to 7th after the draft and likely will move back up a couple slots after pre-season. He has done nothing but exceed expectations at every level. And to come into a sh*tty team and put up 13 pts in 22 games - yes very limited sample. It is STILL a continuation of Nylander producing wherever he is, with whomever he's with.

You take Saad, I'll take Nylander.. and in two years, I'll be happier.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Stud

Don't even bother responding to the guy. Clearly he doesn't need help on herE and is just a sh$t disturber. No time for that
    10 Team Keeper (5)
    Head-to-Head

Dobber Sports Ace

I think the biggest issue for Nylander will be opportunity. For him to get into the top 9, Lupul needs to be hurt (so call it 30 games a season almost guaranteed), and/or he or Marner needs to switch to their off wing. I could see him seeing limited (but at least sheltered) minutes. Saad will likely see at least 2 minutes more per game than Nylander this season, and with Hartnell on his way out, or at the very least looking to see more limited minutes, he'll probably keep the trend up next season as well. I could see Saad going 20+ minutes a game by 17-18, but Nylander likely won't see that kind of increase for at least one more season after that.

I definitely agree that Nylander has a higher ceiling, but for my fantasy team, I'd prefer giving myself the almost-guaranteed 50-55pts with upside for up to 65 over the next couple seasons. 100% agree though that beyond that Nylander will most likely be the better asset. Take from that what you will, I just generally don't play two+ years down the road, personal preference though, so if your rebuild/timeline means your window isn't until that third year, Nylander very likely is the better option.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Stud

Opportunity? He will no doubt be in the top 9
    10 Team Keeper (5)
    Head-to-Head

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I have a very young team and really saad and Nylander as I had said earlier would be my 10th forward in a play 9 each week. So he'd still only get starts when Toronto plays 4 games or more than somebody else. I'm just not as sure when my team will be ready to compete

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    1. Daigle never scored 13 in 22 games in the NHL at any age
    2. He never went pt/gm at 19 in the AHL - And if not for the injury - concussion/surgery last year he (Nylander) would have been well above pt/gm pace in the AHL - At 19.
    3. he never went almost pt per game at 17 in the SEL.

Nylander pre-2016 draft was the top ranked prospect by Dobber. He's dropped all the way to 7th after the draft and likely will move back up a couple slots after pre-season. He has done nothing but exceed expectations at every level. And to come into a sh*tty team and put up 13 pts in 22 games - yes very limited sample. It is STILL a continuation of Nylander producing wherever he is, with whomever he's with.

You take Saad, I'll take Nylander.. and in two years, I'll be happier.

So based on your supporting evidence, in 2011 poolies should have traded Marcus Foligno 13 points in 14 games 6g and 7a for a Saad comparable at that time - Rick Nash or Evander Kane straight up?

Let your Nylander play 4 seasons, with the travel schedule, playing against guys like Lucic, Chara, Gudas, Simmonds, Subban, Doughty Weber ect. on and 82 game schedule, beating, hacking and slashing him day in and day out and then compare the numbers. 22 games is hardly a reliable sample to predict his future output in the NHL. My argument is that Saad is proven and you know what you will get from him and that you can't accurately predict Nylander's fantasy worth at this point and time. You can only "Guess."