Thread: Roy leaving Colorado

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Roy leaving Colorado

Tabarnac esti!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Amen to that! I think they'd welcome Roy with open arms.

1) 1st and foremost... is e French Canadien? Yup... O'ly Smokes! Sold!

oh... and I we should if e as any roots with les canadien's? E does? Excellent!

Does e know ow to goal tending? e used to be one? ZUT ALORS! WE ave our replacement... no someone go make Terrien go a way.
    hahahaha... well put!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    True... but how many Habs fans are happy with what the current guy is doing, pretty much the single reason why Subban was traded in my opinion.
    lol yeah cuz it had nothing to do with PK and his behaviour

Dobber Sports Deity

Interesting to read the comments Pierre Lebrun just posted after he talked to Patrick Roy after he made his decision.

https://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun/...14670620917760

Given that he has another year on his deal with Avs, says might just take a year to enjoy life, which he's rarely had the chance to do...

https://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun/...14994186235904

Roy also insists people shouldn't read into it more than what he said in the statement... says there's no back story, just time to move on

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    Was he into drugs? Was he in trouble with the law? Negative?

He was a competitive and cocky kid that loves to play hockey... he was just under a media microscope in Montreal.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Agreed. I mean PK Subban... what a Jackass. Can't Score goals, Can't play physical, Can't QB the PP, not to mention off the ice... Hates kids... Hates Hospitals ... Hell... I even heard he hates kids in hospitals.

BigE...cough cough...excuse me... The Iranian Sheik nailed it!

Take that Penguin Hunter!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Was he into drugs? Was he in trouble with the law? Negative?

He was a competitive and cocky kid that loves to play hockey... he was just under a media microscope in Montreal.
    he was an ******* on the ice and in the room towards teammates. He has a huge ego and cared about the Subban brand, not the Habs. People are incredibly, incredibly naive if they think PK's attitude and laissez-faire style wasn't the reason he was shipped out.

I laugh at all the sheeple who think he's an innocent person in all of this.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'm not a fan of Colorado and I don't own any of the big guns from Colorado in either of my fantasy hockey leagues but for some reason Roy leaving Colorado makes me happy. Maybe it's just the hockey fan in me who hated to see how those talented players couldn't get anything done when playing together, I don't know. But either way, something about this made me happy.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Interesting to read the comments Pierre Lebrun just posted after he talked to Patrick Roy after he made his decision.

https://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun/...14670620917760
    I wonder if he is thinking there's no good hole right now, and he can target LV after the season (or maybe somewhere quieter like CLB or CAR).
    I can definitely understand that he needs a break though.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I wonder if he is thinking there's no good hole right now, and he can target LV after the season (or maybe somewhere quieter like CLB or CAR).
    I can definitely understand that he needs a break though.
    That's just it. He still has a year left on his contract so he doesn't have to jump at anything. He can sit back and wait it out.

he was an ******* on the ice and in the room towards teammates. He has a huge ego and cared about the Subban brand, not the Habs. People are incredibly, incredibly naive if they think PK's attitude and laissez-faire style wasn't the reason he was shipped out.

Was this just his competitive nature? He seems like a really competitive guy. And I don't know how he was in the room towards his teammates... never been in the Montreal Canadiens dressing room.

As for on the ice... he got in scrums with teammates at practice... again... competitive nature.. and coaches often tell players to practice as if it was a real game... so that's What PK did... and it always takes two to tango... so the other guy is just as equal to blame for scrums in practice.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

News Flash... The Iran Sheik is NOT BIG EV... he's actually a current and/or former member of the Montreal Canadien's dressing room and witnessed this attitude problem of PK Subban first hand. You're just as ridiculous as the "sheeple" you mock in your mind.

When I last checked, this was a thread on Roy Leaving Colorado with a slight but related suggestion to the Habs and Roy post Colorado. What does Subban have to do with this thread?

Quit trolling and trying to derail this thread.

Dobber Sports Deity

Some pretty good tweets in here after Roy made his announcement.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/t...ves-avalanche/

Dobber Sports Guru

I don't think the Habs will fire Therrien to get Roy. But if the Habs struggle at the start of the season, the Habs know they probably have a guy willing to step in right away now the Roy is available.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    That's just it. He still has a year left on his contract so he doesn't have to jump at anything. He can sit back and wait it out.
    If he quits his job, does he still get paid? I would think not but I don't know if that is true. I can't think of any job I have ever had that if I quit, the organization would continue to pay me for as long as my contract was for.