Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Roy leaving Colorado

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Roy leaving Colorado

"I have thought long and hard over the course of the summer about how I might improve this team to give it the depth it needs and bring it to a higher level. To achieve this, the vision of the coach and VP-Hockey Operations needs to be perfectly aligned with that of the organization. He must also have a say in the decisions that impact the team's performance. These conditions are not currently met." - Roy

There is so much going on within this one statement.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Ace

I had actually traded Barrie earlier this summer because I was sick of Roy. Them's the breaks I suppose...

I guess depending on who they replace him with it could be a pretty big shift in the organization.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    "I have thought long and hard over the course of the summer about how I might improve this team to give it the depth it needs and bring it to a higher level. To achieve this, the vision of the coach and VP-Hockey Operations needs to be perfectly aligned with that of the organization. He must also have a say in the decisions that impact the team's performance. These conditions are not currently met." - Roy

Just a round about way of having a hissy fit because he isn't getting his way in some fashion. Horrible coach that had every star in the universe line up for him for one season and now he's realizing he has no clue what he's doing at the NHL level. This is fantastic news for the Avs.

Dobber Sports Icon

AKA...the organization would not let me run the franchise completely into the ground so I quit.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Typical Roy temper tantrum. Really what more do you expect from him?

First he did it in Montreal, then he did it in '02 with the Olympics, and here he does it again.

Dobber Sports Deity

Maybe he got word that there's a new team coming that's looking for a Head Coach and he can have his say there so he jumped ship here. LOL!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Sakic was probably Lady Bing like and offered Roy the chance to leave the organization or he was going to get fired!
    Yeah, this is exactly what I was thinking. No way does Roy step down of his own accord. He did win the Jack Adams recently enough that another team will be foolish enough to give him a chance though. I can only hope that it is Montreal who is foolish enough to do that. With the Leafs moving up, we really need someone to take their place as the laughing stock of the league. Would be a dream come true to see Montreal take that mantle.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

He can't hear you for his 2 Stanley cup rings in his ears... Crusty old Moses.

lol

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Yeah, this is exactly what I was thinking. No way does Roy step down of his own accord. He did win the Jack Adams recently enough that another team will be foolish enough to give him a chance though. I can only hope that it is Montreal who is foolish enough to do that. With the Leafs moving up, we really need someone to take their place as the laughing stock of the league. Would be a dream come true to see Montreal take that mantle.
    Conspiracy - Yesterday Montreal announces that Price will have a reduced game load... Price and Montreal ownership does not like this idea... ownership calls Roy...Roy steps down.... To be continued....

My guess... Therrien gets the option to step down, or gets fired... Ownership suggest hiring Roy, Roy as a former goalie decides to play Price as much as Price was used to before injury... everyone happy... (haha. extremely unlikely, but it is the middle of summer and I was bored)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Conspiracy - Yesterday Montreal announces that Price will have a reduced game load... Price and Montreal ownership does not like this idea... ownership calls Roy...Roy steps down.... To be continued....

My guess... Therrien gets the option to step down, or gets fired... Ownership suggest hiring Roy, Roy as a former goalie decides to play Price as much as Price was used to before injury... everyone happy... (haha. extremely unlikely, but it is the middle of summer and I was bored)
    Maybe they're secretly angling to bring Roy in as Price's backup, and that will be how they sell confidence to their fans about reducing Price's workload.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Maybe they're secretly angling to bring Roy in as Price's backup, and that will be how they sell confidence to their fans about reducing Price's workload.
    Piss the fans off by trading PK.

Make the fans happy by bringing Roy in as Head Coach??

LOL! I wonder how many Habs fans would truly be happy about that.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

MichealJacksonPopcorn.gif

This is gonna be interesting!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Piss the fans off by trading PK.

Make the fans happy by bringing Roy in as Head Coach??

LOL! I wonder how many Habs fans would truly be happy about that.
    True... but how many Habs fans are happy with what the current guy is doing, pretty much the single reason why Subban was traded in my opinion.

Dobber Sports Deity

True... but how many Habs fans are happy with what the current guy is doing, pretty much the single reason why Subban was traded in my opinion.
    Fair point! Touché!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Amen to that! I think they'd welcome Roy with open arms.

1) 1st and foremost... is e French Canadien? Yup... O'ly Smokes! Sold!

oh... and I we should if e as any roots with les canadien's? E does? Excellent!

Does e know ow to goal tending? e used to be one? ZUT ALORS! WE ave our replacement... no someone go make Terrien go a way.