Thread: Dubois or Aho?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Dubois or Aho?

Keeper league, looking to compete next season, pts only.
    Who would you take if your looking to compete ASAP. I havent heard much about Dubois since CLB shocked everyone with the pick. Hear lots of exciting things about Aho. Gotta think Aho is stepping in right away and has to be around 3 years older? Aho should gain relevance very quick, when does Dubois make it and how does he project?

The Great One

Default Re: Dubois or Aho?

Aho should help you sooner, but doesn't have the upside of Dubois. If you can't afford to be patient, then I go Aho. Would be helpful to see your league details and team just to confirm this is the correct move for you.

Dobber Sports Guru

Chasing immediate production with prospects isn't generally a good move. Go for BPA.
    Unless your league is really deep, neither guy will probably be all that helpful this year -- and then you'd rather have the bigger upside IMO.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Jedi

Aho this year,

but basically every single year after that - Dubois
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Administrator

If I'm looking to compete this year I pick up Dubois and try to trade him when teams throw in the towel and begin their yearly rebuilds. I don't see either prospect making a huge splash this year.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    If I'm looking to compete this year I pick up Dubois and try to trade him when teams throw in the towel and begin their yearly rebuilds. I don't see either prospect making a huge splash this year.
    I like this idea. You probably aren't getting a large amount out of either, so the trade bait is your most immediate impact.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ace

EB and Daoust have the jist of it. Aho will be in the lineup from the looks of things, but he'll be hard pressed to be much more than a 40pt player. In most leagues that's just as good as any other waiver fodder. Take Dubois and either sit on him for when he hits the big club in 17-18, or trade him down the line for some help in the second half.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Other, neither will likely be much help this year.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by PSlipps View Post
    Keeper league, looking to compete next season, pts only.
    Who would you take if your looking to compete ASAP. I havent heard much about Dubois since CLB shocked everyone with the pick. Hear lots of exciting things about Aho. Gotta think Aho is stepping in right away and has to be around 3 years older? Aho should gain relevance very quick, when does Dubois make it and how does he project?
    Aho is one (1) year older than Dubois. Aho just turned 19 a couple of weeks ago.

Dobber Sports Expert

Maybe Aho this year but cant see taking him over Dubois beyond that.

Dobber Sports Deity

I think if you are relying on either of these two to put you over the top in the next year or two, you are bound to be disappointed. Take Dubois and be patient with him.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Keeper league, give me Dubois!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..