Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: The where does JIMMY VESEY sign game (for rep)

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: The where does JIMMY VESEY sign game (for rep)

Per article.....

The sense at this address: the Bruins, Sabres, Maple Leafs and New Jersey Devils are the teams on Vesey’s short list with the Pittsburgh Penguins as a possible dark horse candidate after winning the Stanley Cup last spring. There’s little doubt the B’s could use him to step right into a top-6 wing role after losing Loui Eriksson in free agency. Vesey’s presence might also free up Don Sweeney and the Bruins to trade another talented young forward for the puck-moving defenseman they’ve needed for more than a year.

Fairly recent video here.
    http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/J...uins-are-on-it

My guess is Boston.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Monster

Feel its going to be the Leafs. I imagine they're probably the team that can offer him the biggest opportunity and perhaps the best contract. There's obviously some family ties to the Leafs too. Rumours point to them being the current frontrunner https://twitter.com/adater/status/759857115628392449

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Initiate

While I agree with the consensus that Boston is the most likely landing spot for all the reasons mentioned and the Leafs are a clear runner-up, I think Detroit is a dark horse to land Vesey.

Detroit:
    1) Is in the Northeast (or close enough to make no matter to Vesey)
    2) Has a top-6 winger spot up for grabs (Vanek/Pulkkinen/Jurco are inferior competition)
    3) Has a dynamic young American C in Larkin
    4) Psychologically has an impetus to make an impact move as they've had a disappointing summer (no Stamkos despite getting out from under Datsyuk's dead capspace, unaddressed D corps issues, etc...)

Those are my reasons. I'm likely completely wrong though.
    14-team Keeper w/custom salary cap
    Keep btw 12-14, excl. Minors
    Skater cats (weight): G (1.75), A (1.75), +/- (0.75), Hits (0.75), BS (0.75)
    Goalie cats: W (0.25), GAA (1.00), SV% (1.00)

C : Colton Jenner Frost Novak ---Rossi Cooley MSavoie Fantilli Carlsson Yager
    LW: Caufield Fiala Hagel Nichushkin ---Musty
    RW: Tippett Necas Brink Kakko ---Yurov Lysell Stankoven ECowan Lekkerimaki
    D : Theodore Seider Chabot Gostisbehere Liljegren Carlo ---Edvinsson
    G : Montembault Hart ---Commesso Augustine
    Bench/IR: Zellweger Fehervary

2024 entry draft picks: 3 1sts
    2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds, 1 3rd
    Fantrax IHL Champion: 2018/19, 2015/16, 2011/12

Dobber Sports Deity

Boston is my guess as well but Buffalo could be the other option if Boston falls through some how.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Sherpa View Post
    While I agree with the consensus that Boston is the most likely landing spot for all the reasons mentioned and the Leafs are a clear runner-up, I think Detroit is a dark horse to land Vesey.

Detroit:
    2) Has a top-6 winger spot up for grabs (Vanek/Pulkkinen/Jurco are inferior competition)
    4) Psychologically has an impetus to make an impact move as they've had a disappointing summer (no Stamkos despite getting out from under Datsyuk's dead capspace, unaddressed D corps issues, etc...)

Detroit doesn't have cap room though do they?

I agree that Toronto is the runner-up. Give that they hired his father as a scout and drafted his brother, it's clear they want to make a play for him. It's all good though, we will take him in Boston and then trade the Leafs for Nolan Vesey too. I mean trading with Boston always works out well for Toronto right?
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Personally, I think Vesey is burning some bridges by being so fickle about where he starts his career.
    I don't think it's lost among NHL players when somebody decides they don't want to play somewhere particular.
    I mean, c'mon... 99%+ of players drafted accept the industry - some club invests in you, you play for them.

IMO, Vesey becomes a primadonna in the same class as Lindros or Justin Schultz for this sort of thing.
    He should've just played with Nashville. (I'll give him an out on Buffalo though - because he was obviously branded by that time as being stubborn).

For me, he needs to pick a location where the NHL coverage doesn't continue to pinpoint the situation he dictated upon himself.

New Jersey for me.
    That's as close to out-of-the-limelight, yet full of opportunity, that he can get.
    If he can put up points there, then he can go seeking a bigger contract with the team he wants later in his career.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Sherpa View Post

Detroit:

No Cap space.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    No Cap space.
    True...but where there's an Arizona team willing to eat cap space, there's a way. A terribly unlikely way, I admit.
    14-team Keeper w/custom salary cap
    Keep btw 12-14, excl. Minors
    Skater cats (weight): G (1.75), A (1.75), +/- (0.75), Hits (0.75), BS (0.75)
    Goalie cats: W (0.25), GAA (1.00), SV% (1.00)

C : Colton Jenner Frost Novak ---Rossi Cooley MSavoie Fantilli Carlsson Yager
    LW: Caufield Fiala Hagel Nichushkin ---Musty
    RW: Tippett Necas Brink Kakko ---Yurov Lysell Stankoven ECowan Lekkerimaki
    D : Theodore Seider Chabot Gostisbehere Liljegren Carlo ---Edvinsson
    G : Montembault Hart ---Commesso Augustine
    Bench/IR: Zellweger Fehervary

2024 entry draft picks: 3 1sts
    2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds, 1 3rd
    Fantrax IHL Champion: 2018/19, 2015/16, 2011/12

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Personally, I think Vesey is burning some bridges by being so fickle about where he starts his career.
    I don't think it's lost among NHL players when somebody decides they don't want to play somewhere particular.
    I mean, c'mon... 99%+ of players drafted accept the industry - some club invests in you, you play for them.

IMO, Vesey becomes a primadonna in the same class as Lindros or Justin Schultz for this sort of thing.
    He should've just played with Nashville. (I'll give him an out on Buffalo though - because he was obviously branded by that time as being stubborn).
    I completely disagree with this thought process. Here's a comparison for you and I am wondering what you would do in this situation.

You just finished high school and have decided to go to a 4 year college to get a degree in "phone engineering". Verizon calls you up and tells you that they are only company you will be allowed to work with if you start work at any point in the next 4 years. After your 3rd year of school, Verizon offers you a 7 year contract with the potential for a raise after year 3. You know that if you stay in school for one more year and finish your degree, you can work for any company you want.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    I completely disagree with this thought process. Here's a comparison for you and I am wondering what you would do in this situation.

You just finished high school and have decided to go to a 4 year college to get a degree in "phone engineering". Verizon calls you up and tells you that they are only company you will be allowed to work with if you start work at any point in the next 4 years. After your 3rd year of school, Verizon offers you a 7 year contract with the potential for a raise after year 3. You know that if you stay in school for one more year and finish your degree, you can work for any company you want.

It's not apples-to-apples though.
    Vesey is taking a path that less than 1% of NHL players take - which is to not sign with the team that drafted him.
    It's a rub... a bad rub... on a lot of people that play the game that is being a professional NHL hockey player.
    I'm not faulting him for his choice... but he's going to be "under a microscope" now in the NHL... and MOST young players don't thrive under a microscope. (i.e. Pressure)

By the way - aren't first contracts subject to certain terms of ELCs?
    Maybe I missed something in the Vesey situation drama...

Dobber Sports Guru

Put me down for Boston as well.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Immortal

Toronto. Lou has a higher GM ranking than either Boston or Buffalo's GM.

Dobber Sports Pro

I think he'll go to New Jersey

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post

For me, he needs to pick a location where the NHL coverage doesn't continue to pinpoint the situation he dictated upon himself.

New Jersey for me.
    That's as close to out-of-the-limelight, yet full of opportunity, that he can get.
    If he can put up points there, then he can go seeking a bigger contract with the team he wants later in his career.
    Do you think people hold the same view about Blake Wheeler? He was a much higher pick, also refused to sign with the team that drafted him, and chose Boston. The funny part is Boston traded him (for scraps, mostly) and he didn't take off until he landed in Winnipeg. EDIT: And I think, like most, he signs in Boston.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Coming at this from a different angle. I believe if Sweeney didn't already have him locked up... Sweeney would have been fired already and not allowed to run the draft this season.

And since Sweeney has not been fired, the kid will be in Boston.