Thread: Baseball's back! 2020 Tokyo Olympics

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Baseball's back! 2020 Tokyo Olympics

It appears that the IOC has approved 5 sports for Tokyo 2020 Olympics... And baseball is one of them!!

Not sure about skateboarding, but pumped that baseball and softball are back in the Olympics!

http://www.thescore.com/news/1070383
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Baseball's back! 2020 Tokyo Olympics

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    It appears that the IOC has approved 5 sports for Tokyo 2020 Olympics... And baseball is one of them!!

Not sure about skateboarding, but pumped that baseball and softball are back in the Olympics!

http://www.thescore.com/news/1070383
    love baseball/softball are back. It was stupid they removed it in the first place. They should have included BMX with Skateboarding IMO - already snowboarding in the winter Olympics. so this makes sense. Surfing is a hard one. How do they keep that in every 4 years? It really will limit countries that can hold that sport.

Sports climbing will be pretty sick to watch. be fun to see those pros scale walls/cliffs for time. I like Karate too, but would as a MMA fan, would love to see jiu jitsu included.

Side note - hope they f()*&&ing fix boxing
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    love baseball/softball are back. It was stupid they removed it in the first place. They should have included BMX with Skateboarding IMO - already snowboarding in the winter Olympics. so this makes sense. Surfing is a hard one. How do they keep that in every 4 years? It really will limit countries that can hold that sport.

Sports climbing will be pretty sick to watch. be fun to see those pros scale walls/cliffs for time. I like Karate too, but would as a MMA fan, would love to see jiu jitsu included.

Side note - hope they f()*&&ing fix boxing
    I agree. the climbing will be exciting to watch.

I never thought about the surfing and that it will limit countries that can host. good call!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Awesssssssssomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I agree. the climbing will be exciting to watch.

I never thought about the surfing and that it will limit countries that can host. good call!
    Forget Toronto.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Stud

Japan loves baseball.....move makes perfect sense! It will be THE premiere event of those Olympic Games and Japan will be a medal contender in my eyes.....
    16 Team Dynasty Weekly H2H Fantrax (starters in bold)

G A P +/- PIM SOG PPP H+B FOW --- W SV SV% GAA SO

(C) Krejci, Spezza, Koivo, Statsny Faksa
    (LW) Zetterberg, Duclair, Ehlers, M Domi Belesky, M Martin
    (RW) Pastrnak, Oshie, Larkin, Toffoli S Reinhart, Brouwer
    (D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Dobber Sports Titan

Some country like USA will make an indoor/automatic surfing unit or something like that if it means a city like Dallas gets it. Or you’ll maybe see a neighbouring country help out, like Italy if Austria got it idea.

2024 Olympics are between Rome, Paris, Budapest, and LA. The only place that completely hurts their chances is Budapest (Hungary is like dead center of Eastern Europe). But they’re by Croatia (Atlantic Sea, solid surfing) and Romania (Black Sea). So they would have to ask another country for help.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll