Thread: Skydiver jumps out of a plane without a parachute

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Skydiver jumps out of a plane without a parachute

Crazy!

10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Skydiver jumps out of a plane without a parachute

I wouldn't do that WITH a parachute. Nutbar!

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

I...am your father.

How could they let him try that?
    I'm not impressed. Stupidity doesn't impress me. That guy is three parts crazy and two parts idiot!

Cool video though, thanks for sharing
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

apparently his wife was in the crowd.

can you imagine if he died? his wife would never have been able to get that image out of her head.

what a stupid, selfish thing to do. but i did enjoy watching that, pretty intense lol

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    apparently his wife was in the crowd.

can you imagine if he died? his wife would never have been able to get that image out of her head.

what a stupid, selfish thing to do. but i did enjoy watching that, pretty intense lol
    I am sure there was more of his family there than just his wife. Crazy crazy crazy. LOL!

What's that ole saying, "why would you want to jump out of a perfectly fine airplane". Now it's, "why would you want to jump out of a perfectly fine airplane without a parachute".
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Did it with a guy with a parachute in my back. That was daring enough for me. Stupidi/huge brass balls. Whatever. But this guy is going to feel invincible now. Probably eventually die falling off a 1 foot high platform. Esh.

Entertaining none the less

Dobber Sports Sage

I have made quite a few jumps, skydiving is a passion of mine. It isnt really as crazy as the uninitiated would think. An experienced jumper has the knowledge to be able to control themselves in the air to a very high degree. The thing that surprised me was his high altitude of 25000 at bailout. The main danger would be the winds at that altitude, getting blown off course. I would have thought he would want to jump from 15000 or lower, to avoid that possibility. The most difficult part of the stunt would be turning over on your back at the last moment, that goes against all instinct and training. But all's well that ends well. Glad to see people taking an interest in the sport. I highly recommend it, there is nothing in the world like it. It doesnt feel like you are falling, it feels like flying.

The Great One

my guess is that the other jumpers (in black) were specifically there in case he got blown off course. my guess is that was the back up plan, in the event one was needed. that said, I don't know a thing about jumping...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Having to back that turn at the end to land on his back was pretty impressive. No more room for adjustments at that point and frankly I was surprised at how 'not in the center of the net' he was in the end. These types of crazy things are always insanely planned though so I have no doubt that the risk of death was a lot lower than it appeared. Pretty cool overall. I only got to skydive once and I loved it but my wife hated every second of it and I told her I'd never do it again.

Dobber Sports Giant

Insane!! I didn't see the video but I read that he was able to land in a 100x100ft net and that his suit had sensors that would indicate if he was falling in the right trajectory... Once again: INSANE!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I saw this on the news yesterday, crazy crazy crazy.. I can't believe his wife and son were there..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    How could they let him try that?
    Who's they? I hate that this is the prevailing attitude in today's society. Everybody has a different view on what's stupid and what isn't, and I don't see why someone should get to be his dad about it.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Like any good high wire act, maybe next time he'll try it without a net.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Icon

That was amazing! I'd love to try something like that, but I love the rush you get from crazy stunts. I can totally understand why he would do it. Is it risky and foolish? Of course. But it is also a lot more controlled than what most realize.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".