Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Josh Gordon Reinstated - Suspended first 4 games of 2016-17

Dobber Sports Pro

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Josh Gordon Reinstated - Suspended first 4 games of 2016-17

It's just a matter of time before he's back selling cars again.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Yeah, probably. I held him stashed on my roster all last year and can keep him this year for only $3 in a $400 budget, 19 roster spot league... so I will continue to be patient and burn a roster spot for 4 more weeks in hopes that he becomes Cris Carter 2.0.

Dobber Sports Pro

Overly optimistic analysis by FantasyPros:

"Josh Gordon being reinstated by the NFL is huge for both the NFL and Fantasy Football. Before Gordon was suspended he was one of the few WR that could compete with Antonio Brown for the best WR in fantasy football. Now with Gordon back, give him a few games or so and then you can consider him a WR1. Be aware that Gordon should not be drafted as a WR1 as his reinstatement is conditional."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Overly optimistic analysis by FantasyPros:

"Josh Gordon being reinstated by the NFL is huge for both the NFL and Fantasy Football. Before Gordon was suspended he was one of the few WR that could compete with Antonio Brown for the best WR in fantasy football. Now with Gordon back, give him a few games or so and then you can consider him a WR1. Be aware that Gordon should not be drafted as a WR1 as his reinstatement is conditional."
    So where should he be drafted? WR30 range? too high too low?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    So where should he be drafted? WR30 range? too high too low?
    Probably right around 30th WR off the board. I would take Michael Floyd, Jordan Matthews, Donte Moncrief, John Brown, Emmanuel Sanders before Gordon, but I would take Gordon before DeSean Jackson, Tyler Lockett, Michael Crabtree, Kevin White, Marvin Jones.

Is there any chance his suspension gets reduced now too. I think that happened to Bell last year? from 4 games to 2... that would change things a bit too if he was only to miss 2 weeks.

Dobber Sports Pro

Is there any chance his suspension gets reduced now too. I think that happened to Bell last year? from 4 games to 2... that would change things a bit too if he was only to miss 2 weeks.
    Even if his suspension was reduced to 2 games I think I would still slot him in after Michael Floyd, Jordan Matthews, Donte Moncrief, John Brown, Emmanuel Sanders,and before DeSean Jackson, Tyler Lockett, Michael Crabtree, Kevin White, Marvin Jones. The suspension is only part of what keeps him downgraded in my eyes... the uncertainty of whether he will return to playing at a high level and the "knucklehead factor" are more significant to me than the number of games he is suspended.

Even if his suspension was reduced to 2 games I think I would still slot him in after Michael Floyd, Jordan Matthews, Donte Moncrief, John Brown, Emmanuel Sanders,and before DeSean Jackson, Tyler Lockett, Michael Crabtree, Kevin White, Marvin Jones. The suspension is only part of what keeps him downgraded in my eyes... the uncertainty of whether he will return to playing at a high level and the "knucklehead factor" are more significant to me than the number of games he is suspended.
    I agree, I guess I just really liked having him on my team the year he exploded and helped me win a championship. But very true about the knucklehead.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Hey! Bite your tongue, bubba.

As an owner who has hung onto Gordon for the last two season, this is music to my ears. Not out of the woods yet but it's definitely a step in the right direction.

In my opinion you want Gordon on your roster as a WR4 for the late season playoff push in redraft formats. As BreadManPanarin pointed out it's not just the suspension per se but his overall level of fitness, conditioning, and his ability to absorb an entirely new offense. That said, better to take on his risk as a mid-to-late round selection in your draft than to spend $100+ of your FAB money attempting to claim his off waivers after he flashes that otherworldly upside.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    That said, better to take on his risk as a mid-to-late round selection in your draft than to spend $100+ of your FAB money attempting to claim his off waivers after he flashes that otherworldly upside.
    I dont think i would count on him being available on waivers in any but the shallowest of leagues. Gotta imagine there will be at least one owner per league who salivates at the possibility of snagging circa 2013 Gordon with a mid/late round pick and stashes him away for the first 4 games. I actually wouldnt be surprised if some owners jump the gun and take him before that WR30 spot, passing up much surer talent in the process.

Dobber Sports Titan

I wanna see if I can actually go and grab him super cheap off the guy who owns him and keep him. My keepers are: Julio Jones, Latavius Murray, D. Thomas, and Wilson. If I can get Gordon and not keep Wilson I’d be happy. Big Risk Massive Reward.

Dudes O-Ranked 173 already and he hasn’t touched a football. If he actually makes it to the NFL season, I bet he ends up a top 15WR. 80recpt, 900yards, 9TDs? And that’s over 12games. Which would put him actually around the Allen Robinson/Larry Fitzgerald 2015/16 year production.

In 2013 he even averaged 17yards rushing per game….He is easily one of the most talented WR ever, IF he plays.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

I dont think i would count on him being available on waivers in any but the shallowest of leagues. Gotta imagine there will be at least one owner per league who salivates at the possibility of snagging circa 2013 Gordon with a mid/late round pick and stashes him away for the first 4 games. I actually wouldnt be surprised if some owners jump the gun and take him before that WR30 spot, passing up much surer talent in the process.
    Not going to lie, I am probably one of these owners. because from WR30-WR50 there is always so much guessing and I am comfortable taking a risk on him shaping into the Gordon that led the league and if not I am comfortable I can snag weekly replacements on waivers.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I wanna see if I can actually go and grab him super cheap off the guy who owns him and keep him. My keepers are: Julio Jones, Latavius Murray, D. Thomas, and Wilson. If I can get Gordon and not keep Wilson I’d be happy. Big Risk Massive Reward.

Dudes O-Ranked 173 already and he hasn’t touched a football. If he actually makes it to the NFL season, I bet he ends up a top 15WR. 80recpt, 900yards, 9TDs? And that’s over 12games. Which would put him actually around the Allen Robinson/Larry Fitzgerald 2015/16 year production.

In 2013 he even averaged 17yards rushing per game….He is easily one of the most talented WR ever, IF he plays.
    I think you might be getting a little bit overexcited here. Keeping Gordon over Russell Wilson would be a big mistake in my opinion. If you want him, try to get him in the draft if his owner doesn't keep him or trade for him after the draft. He could be absolutely amazing again, but the odds of it happening are much lower than the odds of it not happening IMO. Note: In my keep-all league if I offered Josh Gordon ($3) to the Russell Wilson ($4) owner in a straight up swap, he would not even respond to my text unless it was to laugh at me hysterically.

- - - Updated - - -

Not going to lie, I am probably one of these owners. because from WR30-WR50 there is always so much guessing and I am comfortable taking a risk on him shaping into the Gordon that led the league and if not I am comfortable I can snag weekly replacements on waivers.
    I agree. I think disciplined owners will take WR25-29 (Michael Floyd, Jordan Matthews, Donte Moncrief, John Brown, Emmanuel Sanders) before Gordon because they have a better expected value, but take Gordon before anybody WR31+ (DeSean Jackson, Tyler Lockett, Michael Crabtree, Kevin White, Marvin Jones, and a bunch of wild cards) due to the uncertainty that those commodities carry themselves.

Dobber Sports Titan

I think you might be getting a little bit overexcited here. Keeping Gordon over Russell Wilson would be a big mistake in my opinion. If you want him, try to get him in the draft if his owner doesn't keep him or trade for him after the draft. He could be absolutely amazing again, but the odds of it happening are much lower than the odds of it not happening IMO. Note: In my keep-all league if I offered Josh Gordon ($3) to the Russell Wilson ($4) owner in a straight up swap, he would not even respond to my text unless it was to laugh at me hysterically.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree. I think disciplined owners will take WR25-29 (Michael Floyd, Jordan Matthews, Donte Moncrief, John Brown, Emmanuel Sanders) before Gordon because they have a better expected value, but take Gordon before anybody WR31+ (DeSean Jackson, Tyler Lockett, Michael Crabtree, Kevin White, Marvin Jones, and a bunch of wild cards) due to the uncertainty that those commodities carry themselves.
    My thinking is get him cheap (guy who owns him just brought in 3 keepers for a top 10 player he traded away, so he’s not keeping Gordon), and do it now, before he touches a football. So I have the option of keeping him if he’s clean.

I may be going overkill on using a keeper slot on him, but when Wilson is a keeper in a PPR league, I’m not going anywhere without high risks.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll