Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Mock NFL draft

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Mock NFL draft

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    That's why it's nice to do these mock drafts, especially drafts that don't have people trying to ruin the draft with a bunch of off the wall picks.. Kickers and defense's should never be drafted until the last few rounds..
    Thats exactly why I wanted to do this mock draft. Guys on mock drafts on NFL.com or Yahoo always make rediculous picks.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmcpher2 View Post
    Taking 2RBs at 10/11 i is not the way I would have drawn it up but but Elliot and Miller were the last two RBs available before what I saw as a big drop off in terms of situation, volume, and to a lesser extent, talent.....next picks not until 30/31 and I typically find the WRs available there are a more impressive group than available RBs. Would I have been bold (stupid?) enough to go RB/RB if this wasn't a mock....maybe not. And certainly not if it was PPR.

Elliot is ranked 6th overall (RB3) on both ESPN and Yahoo. Not to say that me taking him at 10 is a steal or anything - a rookie this early is a huge gamble - but to say it's shocking to see him go in the first round is a bit aggressive. I haven't done many mocks where I have seen him fall past 8. He is an enticing blend of talent and situation and my taking him here also says I am not too worried about a nagging hamstring this early in the game. I expect them to be overly cautious with him.

Miller has always been extremely efficient with frustratingly limited touches - finishing 9th and 6th among RBs in scoring the past two years behind what PFF has graded as a bottom 3 run blocking line in both years. Also led all NFL RBs in red-zone efficiency behind that aforementioned terrible O-line. Behind a better line on a run first team, I am pretty high on him. The major sites have him ranked between 9 and 14 overall so grabbing him at 11 I don't think would be seen as a big reach in most circles. Full disclosure - I own him in my main keeper league and may be a tad biased.

But it's all about personal preference and that's the beauty of the mock draft....nice to see how others value players.

Interesting article on Miller here. Though for every one like that I am sure there is another with good counter points.

http://www.4for4.com/fantasy-footbal...ets-efficiency
    Hey I respect your decisions mcmcpher!! I'm enjoying this mock draft thus far.. I also enjoy hearing guys opinions after they draft players.. Picking a rookie is definitely bold.. And I mentioned Miller just because I've never trusted the guy..

Sometimes it comes down to being able to trusting a guy that has burnt you in the past.. HaHa..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Sometimes it comes down to being able to trusting a guy that has burnt you in the past.. HaHa..
    I hear that. And I must admit that Miller has always left me wanting more....seems like those top 10 finishes the past two years have been the product of a handful of huge performances but maddening inconsistency the rest of the time....banking on that being a product of him being under-utilized by the coaching staff than anything to do with him.
    10 Team, weekly H2H one-win league. Keep 15, any position. 26 man roster.

Skaters: G, A, PPP, SHG, GWG,+/-, Shots, Hits.
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SO.

Start: 4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 2G.

C: McDavid, Mackinnon, Lindholm
    LW:
    A. Svechnikov, Stamkos, Forsberg, Stutzle
    RW: Kempe
    D: Dahlin, Ekblad, Seider, Bouchard,
    ​Sergachev/Chychrun

G: Shesterkin, Sorokin

Quote Originally Posted by mcmcpher2 View Post
    I hear that. And I must admit that Miller has always left me wanting more....seems like those top 10 finishes the past two years have been the product of a handful of huge performances but maddening inconsistency the rest of the time....banking on that being a product of him being under-utilized by the coaching staff than anything to do with him.
    I agree here. I am also hoping. That it is based on coaching the past two years and that he can become more consistent under new coaching. In my big league I am hoping he is available at pick 13

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I agree here. I am also hoping. That it is based on coaching the past two years and that he can become more consistent under new coaching. In my big league I am hoping he is available at pick 13
    If it is a PPR league, I guarantee he will be available at pick 13!! If not there is a pretty good chance unless there is a Texan fan in your league..

GoldenDelicious, PM'd.

I can't believe Jamaal Charles fell that far. I would have shat my knickers if he fell to me. Gladly take McCoy in the third.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Expert

McCoy was a nice pick in the third and was #1 on my board. Thanks Bomb

I like the Forte pick here. While there is some risk with a decline, Mr. King of the Checkdown Fitzpatrick should keep him very productive this season.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    GoldenDelicious, PM'd.

I can't believe Jamaal Charles fell that far. I would have shat my knickers if he fell to me. Gladly take McCoy in the third.
    I ain't complaining! Was pondering McCoy over Freeman though!
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyProphet View Post
    I ain't complaining! Was pondering McCoy over Freeman though!
    If you had selected McCoy the I may have gone with a third WR.

Where is our boy Eskimo Brother??

The Wolverine

Where is our boy Eskimo Brother??
    He said in an earlier post that he should be back tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    That works well. I'm away Sunday/Monday, and you pick before me
    If somehow you get a pick in and it's my turn, then I'll make my pick late Monday night.
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    He said in an earlier post that he should be back tonight.
    Ohhhhhh that's right, I knew somebody said that.. No worries, just curious..

I have asked this before >> In a keep 2 league, PPR, would you keep B.Marshall or L.Bell??

Do I hope L.Bell turns things around in his life??

I have asked this before >> In a keep 2 league, PPR, would you keep B.Marshall or L.Bell??

Do I hope L.Bell turns things around in his life??
    If it was me, I would keep Bell. I hope he is just young and that he turns around his life, because he is so fun to watch.

I always thing of my RBs like this... chances are they are going to get hurt and miss 3-4 games or more... so if you know that he is missing the first 3-4 games of the year for a suspsnesion, you know he should be healthy at the start of this year (when he starts playing) and hopefully he can make the remaining 12 games and not get injured again.