Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Mock NFL draft

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Mock NFL draft

I've been checking in from time to time, was starting to wonder if I couldn't see Zorro's pick and it was my pick.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy BZ View Post
    I've been checking in from time to time, was starting to wonder if I couldn't see Zorro's pick and it was my pick.
    Thanks for checking in... I am confident that Zorro is just busy... he is quite regular on here so he must have had a ball game or a round of golf last night and was busy. Not too concerned!

So sorry guys.. We have had family in since Wednesday, played ball last night and went golfing this morning.. I know its not much of an excuse but we have been swamped.. I sent a PM to Easy!!

I took AP!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    So sorry guys.. We have had family in since Wednesday, played ball last night and went golfing this morning.. I know its not much of an excuse but we have been swamped.. I sent a PM to Easy!!

I took AP!!
    Family comes first, no worries.
    If we keep up a decent pace then there's still lots of time.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Wolverine

Fyi I am away this weekend and back on Monday. I may have time to make my pick if it comes up before then.

I took AP!!
    no need to apologize man! No one was worried! I called that you would be on the ball diamond or golf course! We got lots of time to finish this thing! Thanks for letting us know! Hope you enjoyed your time with fam!

- - - Updated - - -

I have updated the picks. But I am at lake for weekend. Will do the colour coding when I am back at a computer and not on phone
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Fyi I am away this weekend and back on Monday. I may have time to make my pick if it comes up before then.
    Thanks for letting us know! Have a great weekend!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    That works well. I'm away Sunday/Monday, and you pick before me
    If somehow you get a pick in and it's my turn, then I'll make my pick late Monday night.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

PenguinHunter pm'd.

That pick was tough. There was another player I really wanted there but I chickened out.
    @SmittysRant

Some pretty shocking picks..

Elliott a first rounder?? He could be awesome, but he is a little banged up.
    L.Bell suspended for almost a 1/4 of the fantasy regular season and snatched up in the 2nd round. Honestly though, I thought about drafting him too!!
    Jeffrey, huge injury risk.. I usually leave these guys for others to over value.. But if he shines, it could be a awesome selection..
    Lamar Miller has never really impressed me throughout his career.

Not being PPR definitely changes the entire draft, RB's are more valuable then they would be if the league was a PPR league..

Horror fan has been PMed

Dobber Sports Titan

L.Bell suspended for almost a 1/4 of the fantasy regular season and snatched up in the 2nd round. Honestly though, I thought about drafting him too!!
    Jeffrey, huge injury risk.. I usually leave these guys for others to over value.. But if he shines, it could be a awesome selection..

Not being PPR definitely changes the entire draft, RB's are more valuable then they would be if the league was a PPR league..
    One setting can completely change a draft. It makes things interesting though having to adapt yourself to different strategies, especially on the fly depending on who is available.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    One setting can completely change a draft. It makes things interesting though having to adapt yourself to different strategies, especially on the fly depending on who is available.
    That's why it's nice to do these mock drafts, especially drafts that don't have people trying to ruin the draft with a bunch of off the wall picks.. Kickers and defense's should never be drafted until the last few rounds..

Dobber Sports Titan

That's why it's nice to do these mock drafts, especially drafts that don't have people trying to ruin the draft with a bunch of off the wall picks.. Kickers and defense's should never be drafted until the last few rounds..
    That's usually where I take them unless I'm in a middle to late round and don't see anyone I like. It's relaxing to be able to have one of those plug and plays that you don't have to worry about, or have a backup for on your bench.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Taking 2RBs at 10/11 i is not the way I would have drawn it up but but Elliot and Miller were the last two RBs available before what I saw as a big drop off in terms of situation, volume, and to a lesser extent, talent.....next picks not until 30/31 and I typically find the WRs available there are a more impressive group than available RBs. Would I have been bold (stupid?) enough to go RB/RB if this wasn't a mock....maybe not. And certainly not if it was PPR.

Elliot is ranked 6th overall (RB3) on both ESPN and Yahoo. Not to say that me taking him at 10 is a steal or anything - a rookie this early is a huge gamble - but to say it's shocking to see him go in the first round is a bit aggressive. I haven't done many mocks where I have seen him fall past 8. He is an enticing blend of talent and situation and my taking him here also says I am not too worried about a nagging hamstring this early in the game. I expect them to be overly cautious with him.

Miller has always been extremely efficient with frustratingly limited touches - finishing 9th and 6th among RBs in scoring the past two years behind what PFF has graded as a bottom 3 run blocking line in both years. Also led all NFL RBs in red-zone efficiency behind that aforementioned terrible O-line. Behind a better line on a run first team, I am pretty high on him. The major sites have him ranked between 9 and 14 overall so grabbing him at 11 I don't think would be seen as a big reach in most circles. Full disclosure - I own him in my main keeper league and may be a tad biased.

But it's all about personal preference and that's the beauty of the mock draft....nice to see how others value players.

Interesting article on Miller here. Though for every one like that I am sure there is another with good counter points.

http://www.4for4.com/fantasy-footbal...ets-efficiency
    10 Team, weekly H2H one-win league. Keep 15, any position. 26 man roster.

Skaters: G, A, PPP, SHG, GWG,+/-, Shots, Hits.
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SO.

Start: 4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 2G.

C: McDavid, Mackinnon, Lindholm
    LW:
    A. Svechnikov, Stamkos, Forsberg, Stutzle
    RW: Kempe
    D: Dahlin, Ekblad, Seider, Bouchard,
    ​Sergachev/Chychrun

G: Shesterkin, Sorokin