Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Trade Eichel for Forsberg?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Trade Eichel for Forsberg?

Stick with the 'generational' player, patience will reward you. They have to really overpay you to get Eichel, not enough here IMO.
    KFHL - 14 Team H2H keeper,NHLsalcap, protect 17/20, (4D, 3X(C,RW,LW), 2G, filler to 20, plus 2IR) ten waivers picks per season.
    Cats Skaters: G/A/Pts/BLK/HITS/SOG/PIM/GWG/SHP/PPP; Goalies W/SO/GAA/SvPct/SOG
    C: Crosby, Kadri, RNH, Roslovic
    LW: Hall, Lindblom, Kubalic, Bratt, Lemieux, Gurianov
    RW: Palmieri, Niederreiter dropping soon, Wheeler
    D: Chabot, Josi, Gustafsson, Krug, McNabb
    G: Rask, Bishop, Binnington

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Even if that's true, Forsberg wasn't that much better than Eichel last year. It was a small difference. Unless you project Forsberg to take off this year and Eichel to falter, I don't see the point in moving the guy with the consensus higher upside.

And even if I were going to this trade, I'd at least wait until Aug-15, and confirm that Vesey does not sign in Buffalo. Okposo + Vesey would give Buffalo a heck of a lot better top 6 than last year. Heck, Okposo alone improves this club at F a lot.
    Fair points, and it's Eichel. Keep or trade, there's no completely right or wrong here. The key in making the decision to pull the trigger or not in this deal is the value he puts on the 1st round pick vs. the 5th AND how hard he wants to win THIS YEAR.

Next summer, I would be inclined to concede the responses to this offer would be more solidified on the No side, but still not unanimous.

It's about an even a deal as one can expect. The other option would be to ask for an upgrade on FF.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Fair points, and it's Eichel. Keep or trade, there's no completely right or wrong here. The key in making the decision to pull the trigger or not in this deal is the value he puts on the 1st round pick vs. the 5th AND how hard he wants to win THIS YEAR.

Next summer, I would be inclined to concede the responses to this offer would be more solidified on the No side, but still not unanimous.

It's about an even a deal as one can expect. The other option would be to ask for an upgrade on FF.
    Isn't this the point where we are supposed to descend into name calling, as well as throwing out irrelevant statistics and hyperbole to support out point?

I can see why the OP would be tempted to take this deal. I just view it as increasing the chance to win next year, versus decreasing the chance to win in every subsequent year. And given the length of some fantasy leagues, that's not always a bad approach. Because FF + 1st will definitely provide a boost for next year.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Isn't this the point where we are supposed to descend into name calling, as well as throwing out irrelevant statistics and hyperbole to support out point?

I can see why the OP would be tempted to take this deal. I just view it as increasing the chance to win next year, versus decreasing the chance to win in every subsequent year. And given the length of some fantasy leagues, that's not always a bad approach. Because FF + 1st will definitely provide a boost for next year.
    That's my argument for doing it. I'd find a way to upgrade my 4th keeper the following summer if FF doesn't progress. My goal is to win every year. Whatever is going to give me the best chance to do that.. I have to seriously consider

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Joe Davola View Post
    Seguin had 67 as a sophomore and has been a ppg+ player since age 22. In my mind, Eichel is at another level than Seguin at the same age and projects to be higher as well. He's lightyears ahead of RNH as well.

Of course, there's always the risk with young players that it'll take longer or maybe won't even come at all. That risk is mitigated greatly with a player like Jack Eichel - who I would have taken first overall every year in the last decade minus '05 and '15. He quite literally has all the tools and mind to go along with it. Toss in the work ethic and a young talented core growing alongside him and the ceiling is very high. Top 5 scorer-high.

This is an interesting deal because of the quality that the first rounder brings forth, but I would have a difficult time moving Eichel for with Forsberg being the main piece. I think we see them finish with similar point totals next season, perhaps a slight edge to Forsberg but the growth that comes with Eichel and the importance of maximizing each keeper spot in a limited keeper like yours, pushes this one away for me.

I'd pass or try for more.
    Oh man you're username really fits you if you'd take Eichel over Kane or Stamkos Tavares.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I don't think this option has been posted yet...but what about countering with Eichel and a 7th? Then it becomes Forsberg and say Carlsson for Eichel and whoever would go in the 7th of a keep 4 14 team roster.

Staal? Seabrook? + Eichel for Forsberg + Carlson? All of a sudden that 1st rounder looks even better
    Keep 3 League, 14 team H2H, Roster: 6F, 4D, 4BN, 2G
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, PIM, HITS, BLKS, W, GAA, SA, SV%
    F: Matthews, Pastrnak, Hughes, Pettersson, Guentzel, Meier, Hyman, Streamer
    D: Dahlin, Carlson, Trouba, Gudas, Larsson
    G: Oettinger, Talbot, Swayman

One Year League, 10 Team H2H, Roster: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, W, F, 4D, UTIL, 5BN, 2G
    Cats: G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, SH%, PIM, HITS, BLKS W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    C: McDavid, Thomas, Rossi
    LW: Guentzel, McTavish, Byfield, Huberdeau
    RW: Miller, Barzal, Zuccarello, Schmaltz, Tarasenko
    D: Josi, Seider, Trouba, Gudas, L. Hughes
    G: Oettinger, Demko
    IR: Hamilton

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by skinnypete88 View Post
    I don't think this option has been posted yet...but what about countering with Eichel and a 7th? Then it becomes Forsberg and say Carlsson for Eichel and whoever would go in the 7th of a keep 4 14 team roster.

Staal? Seabrook? + Eichel for Forsberg + Carlson? All of a sudden that 1st rounder looks even better
    The problem isn't the pick upgrade. For some people Eichel is the best player drafted since Crosby and McDavid

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I get that but the picks are used to offset that value vs. Forsberg so everyone is focusing on the Eichel for Forsberg (rightfully so) but the picture is bigger.

And I'm not trying to underplay the value of Eichel but the trade offer is Eichel + 5th rounder for Forsberg + 1st rounder so you have to take all the pieces into consideration to get the right answer.

This might be the stupidest and worst metaphor ever but if 2+3+4= 9 how can I ever get to 9 if I'm arguing about the difference between 2 and 3. You need the whole equation right?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by skinnypete88 View Post

I like this strategy. Then if he counters with a 6th round pick I would be happy.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I like this strategy. Then if he counters with a 6th round pick I would be happy.
    Also this.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    The problem isn't the pick upgrade. For some people Eichel is the best player drafted since Crosby and McDavid
    but, definitely not a consensus - Considering Matthews was just drafted and there's debate he would have gone #2, ahead of Eichel had he been two days older

Crosby, McDavid are defined as generational talents (hate this terminology) - Should be using this with Karlsson, but no one seemingly does. Eichel will be a fantastic player, but not a generational talent.

Dobber Sports Expert

but, definitely not a consensus - Considering Matthews was just drafted and there's debate he would have gone #2, ahead of Eichel had he been two days older

Crosby, McDavid are defined as generational talents (hate this terminology) - Should be using this with Karlsson, but no one seemingly does. Eichel will be a fantastic player, but not a generational talent.
    Not arguing with you at all on that lol. I laughed at some past comments here saying Eichel would have been the #1 overall pick in every year except '05 and '15.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think he was pointing to one specific post lol

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    Not arguing with you at all on that lol. I laughed at some past comments here saying Eichel would have been the #1 overall pick in every year except '05 and '15.
    Not to add to the controversy... but I recall hearing somewhere that the hype around Eichel was for TV ratings and that he was not as 'generational' as TV made him out to be. Media wanted him to be close to McDavid so that there was always something to talk about and created suspense as to who was getting drafted first.

Now I am not saying that this is true or not... I have not seen Eichel play all that often... just what I heard and I wish I could find the sources.

Dobber Sports Veteran

In a keep 4 I'd keep Eichel unless I thought the trade would make me win for sure.