Thread: Rank these prospects: likelihood to be in NHL full-time this season.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Rank these prospects: likelihood to be in NHL full-time this season.

What are the chances these prospects are playing full-time in the NHL this season (beyond 9 games)? Please explain and/or rank most likely to be in NHL. Thanks.

Pierre-Luc Dubois
    Henrik Samuelsson (ARZ)
    Austin Czarnik
    Josh Andereson (CBJ)
    Ville Pokka
    Stephen Johns (DAL)

Connor Hellebuyck

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Rank these prospects: likelihood to be in NHL full-time this season.

Stephen Johns will play in the NHL for sure. Could even get top-4 minutes.

Other than that, I think Dubois has a chance because he has the size to handle the NHL and the Blue Jackets don't have too many high-end centers.

I doubt any of the others play full season in the NHL but will get called up here and there.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Rank these prospects: likelihood to be in NHL full-time this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Stephen Johns will play in the NHL for sure. Could even get top-4 minutes.

Other than that, I think Dubois has a chance because he has the size to handle the NHL and the Blue Jackets don't have too many high-end centers.

I doubt any of the others play full season in the NHL but will get called up here and there.
    My thoughts exactly here. Pokka is the next most ready IMO.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Johns definitely.. Pokk, Anderson and Helly will bounce unless those teams open up a roster spot (most likely being a Hartnell trade or a Pavelec injury)
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Stud

Johns and Pokka are the safest bets.

Hellebuyck will see more than nine games, for sure. Hopefully he steals that job by christmas but he might need another injury to get back up (so dumb)

Dubois could sneak into the CBJ lineup but I believe he'd be far better off with another year of CHL hockey under his belt.

Samuelsson, Czarnik and Andereson are unlikely to be full-timers next year.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Joe Davola View Post
    Samuelsson, Czarnik and Andereson are unlikely to be full-timers next year.
    Do you mean next year as in 16/17... or next year as in 17/18 and basically saying they won't be NHLers?

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by bergman View Post
    Do you mean next year as in 16/17... or next year as in 17/18 and basically saying they won't be NHLers?
    Talking 16-17

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Drafted Czarnik and Anderson based on reading several things indicating they could be cracking their NHL lineups... Andersen having done everything CBJ wanted of him and being ready physically, and Czarnik potentially making Spooner expendable in BOS after scoring nearly a point per game in Providence. Figure if they don't make their teams, I can either drop to pick up free agents or hold. I'm a rebuilding team so holding promising young players who aren't even playing in the NHL is more valuable than dropping and potentially losing them just to pick up a few extra points here and there from some scrubs. Hoping they can make an impact this season.