Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hockeysfuture replacement?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Hockeysfuture replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Currently doing a 30 for 30 on each team's draft day results but agree would be nice to have a round up that is team specific every now and again
    That's coming in August 30 in 30
    Follow me on twitter: @pharling

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    This could be an opportunity for Dobber to expand and conquer the entire landscape...

just sayin'
    My point exactly. Put some effort into it and steal the entire market.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I liked the format/layout of hockeysfuture.
    That alone (website coding) somebody should buy for a few thousand bucks.
    Then just re-plug in different grades and player bios.
    Bam.
    Agreed.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I know there are those top 10 lists but there's no article written about it when they are updated. I would like to hear the reasoning behind the order. Why is prospect X above prospect Y? Why has prospect Z fallen so hard from previous year? And also, the top 10 should be expanded to top 20 for us involved in deeper leagues.

I would also like to see better ratings added to DobberProspects. Maybe like 3 different ratings: upside (not points upside but more like from 1-10), risk and ETA. Now there's only 1 rating which maybe tries to combine all of these but that doesn't really work for all the leagues. In some leagues, you want to go with the high upside even though there's risk involved or a long wait. But in some leagues, you want the player that will play in the NHL for sure quickly. I know all that information (and more) is available in the Prospect Report (which I buy every year) but that's only updated once a year. If DobberProspects would have kind of similar ratings but with less details and updates it every year mid-season, then that would be a great addition to what's currently happening.
    That seems like a ton of work/content for very little payoff...

It wouldn't surprise me is something that extensive required a subscription model to survive.

If something was done well, I'd have no issues paying a reasonable monthly fee to access it.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm with several others here. I liked the layout and used it as a secondary source.