Thread: Late round surprises??

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Late round surprises??

Every year, I manage to pull a late-round surprise in our prospects draft.

Last year, I grabbed Aho and Sprong. The year before, I grabbed Montour, Point and Dvorak.

What guys can fit the bill this year? Here are my thoughts on a few of them:

Benson: maybe not a real late-round in your draft, I know he won't be in ours because he was drafted first overall in the Dub.

Debrincat: again, he probably won't be a late-round so much because he's well-known by many poolers.

Mascherin: I have a trong feeling about this guy, I will try and get him and he's basically under the radar now.

Raddysh: well under the radar for many, but I if you're not in a hurry, TB will let him time to develop.

Abramov: real dark horse! I've seen the guy play this year and even if he's really small, I think he can hold his own at the next level.

Bitten: to me he was the second-best player for Canada at the U18 (after Jost)!

Golyshev: a 21 years-old prospect is perfect for guys with small farm that can't be too patient. His 44 pts this year got me really intrigued!

Let me hear your thoughts about these and your own names that you have in mind!

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Late round surprises??

I guess it's what you consider a "late round". Most of these guys were 2nd and 3rd round picks in the actual draft.

Cam Dineen looks good in the 3rd. Same for Cliff Pu.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

Golyshev, Pu, Dineen and Abramov for me. If you want a real reach go sean day.
    14 team h/h dynasty
    Stats, G A PTS PIM +/- PPP SHP GWG shts TOI hts/blks W sv% gaa SO
    $89 mill salary cap, cap hits
    minors- players under 60 gms, goalies under 30 gms
    3c 3lw 3rw 4d 2util 1goal
    max 23 plyr rstr, 15 minors

CENTERS Kuznetsov, Necas, Petterson, Hughes, D.Strome, Seguin, Hayes, Scheifele
    LEFTWING Gaudreau, Mantha, Forsberg, Keller
    RIGHTWING Kakko , Debrincat, Thomas, Konecny
    D-MEN Girard, Provorov, McCavoy, Dobson, Makar
    GOALIES Gibson, Shesterkin, Sorokin
    IR
    MINORS Brannstrom, Kostin, Dennisenko, Kaprizov, Tippett, Cozens, Tolvanen, Zegras, Byfield , Vessalainen, K.Miller, Kyrou, Janik, Bokk, Lundell, Heinola, Hoglander, Lundkvist

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I guess it's what you consider a "late round". Most of these guys were 2nd and 3rd round picks in the actual draft.

Cam Dineen looks good in the 3rd. Same for Cliff Pu.

In our prospects draft, we have 5 rounds (11 teams). All 2016 draftees are available and all players that weren't drafted in previous years under the age of 21... Basically, I wanted to exclude the NHL first-rounders...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Sean Day -- might as well swing for the fences.

Dobber Sports Stud

Golyshev is one I didn't let slip out of my hands. Contract is until 2019 but the Islanders have reported they believe he can buy out of the rest next summer, so we could see him over here as early as 2017-2018.

25 goals led his (absolutely brutal) team, and were 4th overall in the KHL. No reason to not give him a shot until he comes out and says "I don't want to play in the NHL"

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    In our prospects draft, we have 5 rounds (11 teams). All 2016 draftees are available and all players that weren't drafted in previous years under the age of 21... Basically, I wanted to exclude the NHL first-rounders...
    Well I guess that explains how you got Aho and Sprong "late".

Potential steals in late rounds:
    Jonathan ANG (C, FLA, #94)
    Victor Mete (D, MTL, #100)
    Jacob Moverare (D, LA, #112)
    Dylan Wells (G, EDM, #123)
    Mitch Mattson (C, CGY, #126)
    Colton Point (G, DAL, #128...high risk high reward right now)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Sokolov if you like long odds with high potential payout. Grant McCagg of Mckeen's has mentioned Jack Walker as a late guy with good potential a few times.

Dobber Sports Titan

Grundstrom was a top 15 ranked player at the beginning of the season then Leafs got him at like 57.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Jedi

the BlackHawks don't seem to blow too many picks, DeBrincat would be a good one, as you already mentioned. Yegor Korshkov #31 by the Leafs, he was a shocker at the draft, 6'4" with lots of offensive upside.. if this is anything like TB taking Kucherov @ 58 a couple years ago it will be a hell of a pick (although I am pretty sure Kucherov slid due to the "Russian KHL factor". Drafting 4th/5th round you close your eyes and swing for the largest upside
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Rookie

I would add Adam Fox. High end offensive D-man. Some scouts say he has top 10 talent but the Flames got him in the 3rd round because he's 5-10. Headed to Harvard in the Fall so is probably 3-4 years away but he could be well worth the wait.