Thread: What may be my options keep or trade??

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default What may be my options keep or trade??

On my keeps team for fantasy I have been on a little bit of a rebuild. I have many players 23 and under who are already nhl proven. However I can decide on my defence. We play in a points head to head where goals are 3 2a 1 for pp or shp blocks and shots are .2 and hits .1.

My defence right now is Subban, Hamilton, Faulk and Parayko. Is there any younger defence only a year or so away from being good enough for me to trade subban to help my forwards. I have matheson as a farm defence and look to pick provoron from Philly this year.

Am I better off keeping subban till they are ready or trade him to help other parts of my team and slot in somebody else??

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: What may be my options keep or trade??

I would hang onto Subban for at least another year, unless you get an offer you cant refuse. Your D corps is very young and most D dont start blowing up until 23-24.

That is starting to look like what I may have to do. The only defenceman rumoured in my league to be dealt are ghost but that would be in a complicated stamkos deal or sami vatenen which could cost me a hoffman type player

Dobber Sports Titan

I would hold Subban. You won't get full value for him. I would look into a Hoffman for Vatanen type deal.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

I was close to getting klingberg and trocheck for him and horvat but couldn't close the deal. But if I can get hoffman I was thinking pull a dubnyk and hoffman for Anderson and vatanen

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Slickricks View Post
    I was close to getting klingberg and trocheck for him and horvat but couldn't close the deal. But if I can get hoffman I was thinking pull a dubnyk and hoffman for Anderson and vatanen
    What do you mean if you can get Hoffman? I'm confused with what is going on in that deal. Also that is a fair bit of a goalie downgrade from Dubnyk to Anderson (unless it's Andersen that you mean. What other goalies do you have to cover that with?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

So as of right now I have a deal in place that can see me bringing over in a deal for stamkos hoffman gibson and fabbri. I could then take hoffman to pair with dubnyk who I have for sami vatanen and f.andersen(new tor goalie) for hoffman and dubnyk. That would create a top 9 guys of Laine strome fabbri barkov saad monohan tatar duclair and bergeron. Then having vatenen I could possible trade subban to get a couple bonified forwards such as trocheck and Duchene for example. But if not I'd be looking to get klingberg back so I don't miss a beat without subban incase vatenen isn't ready to take that role for me. My goalie situation would then be gibson andersen and helleybuck (I believe will push for pavs job early). I'm just trying to see if I'm the only one that sees these deals helping my team or if I should stick with the group I have for another year and see what happens

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Slickricks View Post
    So as of right now I have a deal in place that can see me bringing over in a deal for stamkos hoffman gibson and fabbri. I could then take hoffman to pair with dubnyk who I have for sami vatanen and f.andersen(new tor goalie) for hoffman and dubnyk. That would create a top 9 guys of Laine strome fabbri barkov saad monohan tatar duclair and bergeron. Then having vatenen I could possible trade subban to get a couple bonified forwards such as trocheck and Duchene for example. But if not I'd be looking to get klingberg back so I don't miss a beat without subban incase vatenen isn't ready to take that role for me. My goalie situation would then be gibson andersen and helleybuck (I believe will push for pavs job early). I'm just trying to see if I'm the only one that sees these deals helping my team or if I should stick with the group I have for another year and see what happens
    Took me a couple of read throughs to understand the Stamkos deal. Commas are your friend
    I think it's a little diluted of a return for Stammer (unless this is a deeper league where goalies are highly valued?). Hoffman+Dubnyk for Vatanen+Andersen is something I could get on board with.
    Trochek and Duchene are nowhere near enough of a return for Subban.

I want to be able to get the better end of my stamkos deal for my team but want it to seem fair at the same time. Our goalies are highly regarded because most teams are keeping 3-4 goalies a year. And just so hard to gauge what to get for subban especially if I can't get a replacement that will fill his fantasy point totals at least by 2017.