Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Notes

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Notes

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Second start today, also against the Mets… Hoping he does well, but at the moment just more thrown off by how skewed the starts are for stud rookie starters playing vs the Mets in their first two games vs. every other team.
    Well that didn't go well… we'll leave it at that.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

Look at Tommy Joseph guys, he’s done very well, and apparently is now getting full time now that Howard is a POS.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Picked him up yesterday in hopes he can provide some value when I don't like Abreu's matchup.......or maybe just when I feel like getting any kind of category value from my 1B.

Dobber Sports Titan

I have had him in two of my leagues for a month and a half now waiting. Too bad he doesn't have C eligibility (as he did play in the minors), but I am happily reaping the rewards now.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Titan

Aaron Altherr and Alex Dickerson should be on peoples watch, or get added:
    http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/ale...p-league-wire/

If you have an open DL spot you can add both, Altherr is on the 60-day DL, but is coming back at the end of the week.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Crazy stuff at the deadline today.

Bruce to Mets
    Lucroy/Jeffress to Texas (hoping the latter takes the closer role)
    Beltran to Texas
    Jays get Liriano
    Reddick/Hill to Dodgers
    Puig likely demoted!!
    Moore to Giants

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I can't believe how Texas just keeps getting more and more talent each year.. Do they have anybody left in their farm system of any value??

The Dodgers made some pretty slick deals aswell today!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I can't believe how Texas just keeps getting more and more talent each year.. Do they have anybody left in their farm system of any value??

The Dodgers made some pretty slick deals aswell today!!
    Profar and Gallo have still barely scratched the MLB surface.....they really need some SP though. Darvish is extremely injury prone

Dobber Sports Master

Hopefully that works. I have one league where I have Greinke and McCullers as my starters, and have been streaming for my other 4-5 starts a week. There have been more misses than hits!
    since losing kershaw and greinke I went from contender to pretendah.

I've been equally terrible with my streaming choices by being a day late , dollar short of various free agent fodder guys who've gone on hot streaks

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Profar and Gallo have still barely scratched the MLB surface.....they really need some SP though. Darvish is extremely injury prone
    I don’t see Gallo anything but home run or strikeout. And I think the Rangers think so too. You don’t keep a guy you think highly of in the minors when your DH spot has been dreadful all year. I think they kept him in the minors to keep a perceived value up high. They expose him to MLB pitchers; I think he goes 0/4 enough where his value goes from “The next Stanton” to nothing.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I don’t see Gallo anything but home run or strikeout. And I think the Rangers think so too. You don’t keep a guy you think highly of in the minors when your DH spot has been dreadful all year. I think they kept him in the minors to keep a perceived value up high. They expose him to MLB pitchers; I think he goes 0/4 enough where his value goes from “The next Stanton” to nothing.
    Maybe not nothing, I would say probably closer to Chris Carter. Still definitely not Stanton though.

As for the deals, no superstars, but definitely some big enough names to make a splash. Lucroy to the Rangers and Miller to the Indians I think make the biggest differences. Bruce to the Mets adds a needed bat too.

Puig getting demoted and just storming out of the Dodger's head office is just an amusing story too.

Dobber Sports Titan

Maybe not nothing, I would say probably closer to Chris Carter. Still definitely not Stanton though.

As for the deals, no superstars, but definitely some big enough names to make a splash. Lucroy to the Rangers and Miller to the Indians I think make the biggest differences. Bruce to the Mets adds a needed bat too.

Puig getting demoted and just storming out of the Dodger's head office is just an amusing story too.
    I also think this got blown out of proportion. If he was getting traded or demoted, why would he get on a plane for a road trip? He obviously wasn’t happy with the news and took it wrong by likely storming out of the office, but I don’t see a scenario where you would go on a road trip the same day you were told you’ll be either traded or demoted to Oklahoma City (AAA).

He definitely didn’t take it the professional way (accepting it), but I don’t think he “Ditched” the Dodgers, or the Dodgers “ditched” him. I know I wouldn’t be sending flowers to the front office if I was told I was being demoted. On a side, I also think he’s too accepting of tweaks ppl tried putting on his game (Arrieta like), and just needs to be told to “play the game”. Like I bet someone said, “oh you can get more power if you do this” and he said “Ok”. Then later “Try doing this when at 0-2 to protect the plate” and he said “Ok”. But that’s beside the point.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I also think this got blown out of proportion. If he was getting traded or demoted, why would he get on a plane for a road trip? He obviously wasn’t happy with the news and took it wrong by likely storming out of the office, but I don’t see a scenario where you would go on a road trip the same day you were told you’ll be either traded or demoted to Oklahoma City (AAA).

He definitely didn’t take it the professional way (accepting it), but I don’t think he “Ditched” the Dodgers, or the Dodgers “ditched” him. I know I wouldn’t be sending flowers to the front office if I was told I was being demoted. On a side, I also think he’s too accepting of tweaks ppl tried putting on his game (Arrieta like), and just needs to be told to “play the game”. Like I bet someone said, “oh you can get more power if you do this” and he said “Ok”. Then later “Try doing this when at 0-2 to protect the plate” and he said “Ok”. But that’s beside the point.
    Some good points in there. I hadn't followed the story too much, so I wasn't aware of where it ended up. Thanks for following up.
    I do agree though, that he will have a breakout sometime, where it all clicks for him and he settles in.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Any pressing notes or advice for the playoffs?

Lovvvvvvvvvvvvve fantasy baseball

Dobber Sports Titan

I am just trying to catch up on the fantasy world. Been completely off the grid since Friday (at a friend's cottage). It cost me a spot in the playoffs in one league actually.