Thread: Zacha, Theodore vs 2016 draft class

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Zacha, Theodore vs 2016 draft class

Hey Dobberheads. I have the 7th and 8th picks in the entry and we can pick anyone who is not owned or from the 2016 entry. For the first team in my sig. I will have made two open roster spots for the draft and was looking at drafting Zacha and Theodore at those spots if available. I think they will be but I was wondering if I should be taking anyone else from the 2016 draft at that spot instead. Thanks in advance for any and all comments.
    I.F.L. (Igor's Fun League)
    Team- Heater Squad
    12 team full keeper, 25 man roster, dress 9forwards, 6defence, 2goalies, skaters- 1/g,1/a,1/+/-,1/ppg,1.5/ppa,1/shg,3/gwg, goalies-2/w,0.125/save,1/shutouts,1/shootout win,-1/goal against
    forwards- Tavares, Giroux, Kopitar, Iginla, Wheeler, Okposo, Voracek, Carter, Couturier, Soderberg, Eichel, Burakovsky, Lee, Nelson, J.Staal
    defence- E.Karlsson, Pietrangelo, Edler, Hedman, Seabrook, Pouliot
    goalies- Rinne, M.A.Fleury, Mason, Niemi

A.B.L. (ArmchairBeerLeague)
    Team- Foghead Freedom Fighters
    12 team full keeper, 25man roster. Same stats as above league less ppa category
    forwards-

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Zacha, Theodore vs 2016 draft class

IMO, based on your cats (which are pretty well points-only), I would rank the Big Three, Keller and Jost ahead of Zacha, and maybe Tkachuk and Dubois as equal. I may take Zacha ahead of Keller and Jost because he's close to cracking the Devils' lineup though, whereas Keller and Jost are likely two years away.

Hope that wasn't too ambiguous.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks Shift! Definitely food for thought.
    Team- Heater Squad
    12 team full keeper, 25 man roster, dress 9forwards, 6defence, 2goalies, skaters- 1/g,1/a,1/+/-,1/ppg,1.5/ppa,1/shg,3/gwg, goalies-2/w,0.125/save,1/shutouts,1/shootout win,-1/goal against
    forwards- Tavares, Giroux, Kopitar, Iginla, Wheeler, Okposo, Voracek, Carter, Couturier, Soderberg, Eichel, Burakovsky, Lee, Nelson, J.Staal

forwards-

Dobber Sports Ace

I agree with shift disturber
    14 team h/h dynasty
    Stats, G A PTS PIM +/- PPP SHP GWG shts TOI hts/blks W sv% gaa SO
    $89 mill salary cap, cap hits
    minors- players under 60 gms, goalies under 30 gms
    3c 3lw 3rw 4d 2util 1goal
    max 23 plyr rstr, 15 minors

CENTERS Kuznetsov, Necas, Petterson, Hughes, D.Strome, Seguin, Hayes, Scheifele
    LEFTWING Gaudreau, Mantha, Forsberg, Keller
    RIGHTWING Kakko , Debrincat, Thomas, Konecny
    D-MEN Girard, Provorov, McCavoy, Dobson, Makar
    GOALIES Gibson, Shesterkin, Sorokin
    IR
    MINORS Brannstrom, Kostin, Dennisenko, Kaprizov, Tippett, Cozens, Tolvanen, Zegras, Byfield , Vessalainen, K.Miller, Kyrou, Janik, Bokk, Lundell, Heinola, Hoglander, Lundkvist

Dobber Sports Stud

Zacha will be with the team from day 1. they have no other options.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Padawan

That's a good spot to draft Theodore and Zacha if you can. Unless you're in a total rebuild, since both are a great bet to play in the NHL in 2016-17. I was fortunate enough to draft Zacha 12th overall in a similar format last season.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Yes. I'm hoping to inject some youth that's NHL ready into my lineup. I figure the draft should go Matthews, Laine, Puljujarvi, Dubois, Tkachuk and either Keller, Jost, Nylander, or a defenceman. I should then be able to grab these two with the next two picks.
    Team- Heater Squad

forwards-

Dobber Sports Expert

Theodore would be a lock pick for me as impact D are harder to find. I agree that Zacha may be playing full time next year but I would rank Dubois, Tkachuk, Keller and Jost ahead of Zacha. The question being what's your timeline like rin regards to waiting. If you want the quick impact, then Zacha would go ahead of Keller and Jost.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Agree with above. Zacha and Theodore would be great at #7 and 8. The only guy I would consider instead is Keller. But if he is taken, no question about it.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by RangerFan View Post
    Agree with above. Zacha and Theodore would be great at #7 and 8. The only guy I would consider instead is Keller. But if he is taken, no question about it.
    I agree here. Keller's ceiling is higher, but Zacha will have an earlier impact. Theodore is a steal at #7/8 either way.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Titan

Theodore is a lock that I would take in the 7/8 spot if he's there. Otherwise I would go with Matthews, the two finns, Dubois, Tkachuk, Keller, Zacha, Jost etc.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Where does nylander rank there?

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by PPQB View Post
    Where does nylander rank there?
    Below everyone above not named Jost IMO. I would take Zacha or Theo over him at this stage. Prospect rankings change all the time as they develop but if you ask me today, the other two are better known quantities and better bets at the moment.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Below everyone above not named Jost IMO. I would take Zacha or Theo over him at this stage. Prospect rankings change all the time as they develop but if you ask me today, the other two are better known quantities and better bets at the moment.
    Points wise - I would have Nylander behind only the Fins & Matthews. He's not going to give hits/pim that Tkachuk & Dubois will give, but his points ceiling is similar or above Tkachuk & Dubois at 70+. There's a reason he's ranked right there with Marner & Strome in terms of prospects.

I would take him before Zacha, Jost, Keller etc. Zacha might be good, but I don't see him matching Nylander on the score sheet in the years to come
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4