Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: [Rumor] PK Subban to Oilers for Draisaitl and 4th overall

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: [Rumor] PK Subban to Oilers for Draisaitl and 4th overall

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    No it's not. But then again Bergevin is absolutely crazy if he trades Subban before signing Stamkos...
    I agree. A lot could go wrong if that's the plan.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Ace

No it's not. But then again Bergevin is absolutely crazy if he trades Subban before signing Stamkos...
    Trouble there is PK's NMC kicks in on the 1st. Unless Bergevin can get Stamkos' rights from Yzerman, he's stuck. I think that's why the rumours are there with PK right now, this is the last chance for him to be moved.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolo View Post
    Trouble there is PK's NMC kicks in on the 1st. Unless Bergevin can get Stamkos' rights from Yzerman, he's stuck. I think that's why the rumours are there with PK right now, this is the last chance for him to be moved.
    Yeah but if he moves PK and fails to sign Stamkos. He basically destroyed his Cup window since he traded his franchise D without replacing him. Might as well trade Price and Pacioretty and rebuild if he's to do that.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    No arguing from this side of the keyboard about that, but is Subban > Stamkos, Dubois and Draisaitl? That's probably what Bergevin is looking at (again, simply an assumption on my part).
    When I hear the Subban rumors, this is where my thought goes to that freeing the cap space is looking towards a run at Stammer. But you also have to remember, the Habs are going to have to pay Carey Price soon and Draisaitl will require a new contract as well in 2 years (I know other contracts will be off the books etc, just looking down the road). But I do believe that Stammer is in his mind when it comes to a deal like this.

Dobber Sports Ace

Yeah but if he moves PK and fails to sign Stamkos. He basically destroyed his Cup window since he traded his franchise D without replacing him. Might as well trade Price and Pacioretty and rebuild if he's to do that.
    Absolutely. Montreal is a team that seems on the cusp of sustained playoff success, but they're weak up the middle, and don't have great depth. If Bergevin could pull off a masterstroke of clearing cap space by trading PK, signing Stammer, and getting Draisatl and picks, I think they'd be a better team for it; but that's a whole lot of moving parts with no guarantees.
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther

Dobber Sports Giant

As a die-hard Mtl fan, the only way I see the Habs winning this deal is if Stamkos is a guaranteed sign for them. No reason in freeing up cap space if you aren't going to use it on another elite player (and no Hamuis and Eriksson are not the answer)!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I though the idea was to have Stammer join his BFF in Montreal!
    ESPN keeper league (5 rounds draft; 3 FA pickups per year; points for G, A, W, SO)

Forwards: Ovechkin, McDavid, Huberdeau, Voracek, Boeser, Wennberg, Galchenyuk, Tkachuk, Keller, Arvidsson, Teravainen, Rantanen
    D-men: Letang, Keith, Krug, Ellis, Ekblad, Hanifin
    Goalies: Murray, Hellebuyck

Bench: Hertl, Bjorkstrand, Gallagher, Domi, Tolvanen, Niskanen, Chychrun, Darling, Mrazek, Jarry

Dobber Sports Stud

I don't understand how anyone can think this is a good trade for Montreal....
    They loose a top5 D in the NHL. They gain a lottery ticket (#4 overall) and a young player who isn't much better than Galchenyuk

It's a big big no for me if I'm Montreal. Not.Even.Close.
    Exactly. Top dman are so hard to get, I don't see how two unknown/unproven pieces could get it done.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by rufio.85 View Post
    Exactly. Top dman are so hard to get, I don't see how two unknown/unproven pieces could get it done.
    I wouldn't call Draisaitl either unknown or unproven.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Genius

Anyone remember that McDonough for Gomez swap back in 2011?? Habs can't afford to make dumb moves like that again - albeit that was under much dumber management.....that one set them back some...
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    I wouldn't call Draisaitl either unknown or unproven.
    Half a season of production qualifies as unproven for me, even if he has great upside. Talented, bit we still don't know how exactly he's gonna pan out. If I trade Subban, I want more reassurance than that, but maybe it's just me.

Dobber Sports Deity

One has to wonder how close this came to fruition. I am sure the Habs, as much as they would kick themselves for dealing PK, would be pretty damn happy with Draisaitl and Puljujarvi too.

Oh what might have been.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

One has to wonder how close this came to fruition. I am sure the Habs, as much as they would kick themselves for dealing PK, would be pretty damn happy with Draisaitl and Puljujarvi too.

Oh what might have been.
    Draisaitl, Puljujarvi AND Sergachev!
    If the Habs were rebuilding, it would have been a great way to start.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Oh what might have been.
    Wonder if it fell apart as soon as Columbus took Dubois. Edmonton probably didn't want to pass on Pulju.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    Wonder if it fell apart as soon as Columbus took Dubois. Edmonton probably didn't want to pass on Pulju.
    I'm surprised Chiarelli didn't break into a sprint to get to the podium to take Puljujarvi.
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    15 Player Farm Team