Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: [Rumor] Milan Lucic to Edmonton?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: [Rumor] Milan Lucic to Edmonton?

I doubt he's ready (probably close but not yet), but the bridge between Lucic's downgrade slope and his upside coming up would bridge sooner rather than later I'd expect.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Because if they can sign Lucic, then they can move out other valuable LW assets to help improve their D (Hall maybe? Pouliot?) and make their team more competitive that way.
    Yes I heard this. For one Pouliots not getting you anything valuable. So he's out of the conversation. It would have to be Hall who's on a nice 6 million a year contract himself. If your not getting a Subban or Pietroangelo type defencemen for him and instead getting back someone in the Hamonic range for Hall I feel your short sighting yourself. Who would you rather have Hall at 6 million and let's say Demers at 5 or Lucic at 6-6.5 million with term and Hamonic?
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Yes I heard this. For one Pouliots not getting you anything valuable. So he's out of the conversation. It would have to be Hall who's on a nice 6 million a year contract himself. If your not getting a Subban or Pietroangelo type defencemen for him and instead getting back someone in the Hamonic range for Hall I feel your short sighting yourself. Who would you rather have Hall at 6 million and let's say Demers at 5 or Lucic at 6-6.5 million with term and Hamonic?
    You underestimate the value of Pouliot. Those guys aren't playing fantasy hockey and at $4M per year, Pouliot DOES hold value. I am not saying he would get a 1/2 Dman straight up by himself like Hall should, but if you think teams don't value him as part of a package you are mistaken and uninformed.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    he won a cup in boston based on a team that he mostly inherited, and instead of turning it into a dynasty, he messed it up big-time by not managing the cap properly. signing lucic is going right back to his old playbook. this guy just can't manage the salary cap properly.
    http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...000322006.html

I agree with you that he is a disaster with managing the cap and Lucic is probably going to put him in cap hell again. However, I definitely don't agree with the idea that he inherited the team. Not many pieces on the roster that suggest that the prior GM put the cup on a silver platter for him.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    You underestimate the value of Pouliot. Those guys aren't playing fantasy hockey and at $4M per year, Pouliot DOES hold value. I am not saying he would get a 1/2 Dman straight up by himself like Hall should, but if you think teams don't value him as part of a package you are mistaken and uninformed.
    My point was more that he would not net you what you would need. You would have to package a lot around him to get a deal close to having any effect on the Oilers team. But let's breakdown Pouliot and see how valuable he actually is:

- 29 Year old LW
    - Has played for 6 different NHL teams
    - Highest points in a season is 36
    - Has missed 51 games in the last two years

I have watched a lot of Oilers hockey and he has looked better the last two years but he's a depth player at best on a good team. At 4 million here are some similar priced players Carl Haglin, JVR, Abdelkader, Colin Wilson etc. These are just one's at around 4 million not including players who are way better deals for less. I believe the Oilers were the first team to give Pouliot a multiyear deal...

Dobber Sports Deity

I believe the Oilers were the first team to give Pouliot a multiyear deal...
    Yep, and at the time I was shaking my head wondering WTF was MacT thinking, but after he got there and I started paying attention to his game, it turns out he was probably one of the smarter signings MacT made as the Oilers GM.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    i think he's just using the threat to play for EDM as leverage. Benning is going to give him a blank cheque and his contract is going to look ugly.
    I think the Oilers are a more likely destination (hoping 6 years at 6.5!) I can see Louie E getting a blank cheque.

A couple Lucic incidents come to mind - running over Miller, getting punched in downtown Vancouver................................

A couple other possible teams - NYI, ANA, NYR
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdog View Post
    I think the Oilers are a more likely destination (hoping 6 years at 6.5!) I can see Louie E getting a blank cheque.

A couple Lucic incidents come to mind - running over Miller, getting punched in downtown Vancouver................................

A couple other possible teams - NYI, ANA, NYR
    Can't see either of these scenarios factoring into preventing Lucic from potentially signing in Vancouver.

Dobber Sports Genius

He's already indicated that's water under the bridge and he would like to play for Vancouver.

Dobber Sports Pro

He's already indicated that's water under the bridge and he would like to play for Vancouver.
    I'm sure he doesn't care what Miller thinks, I was thinking more about Miller's thoughts.

Still don't think he goes he Vancouver - my money is on Louie.

- - - Updated - - -

There will be lots of teams interested in Lucic.

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Pouliot wouldn't even get a top 4 D let alone a top 2. He's a 3rd liner who can fill in as top 6 if given the right linemates, which the oilers have an abundance of from the lotteries.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    Pouliot wouldn't even get a top 4 D let alone a top 2. He's a 3rd liner who can fill in as top 6 if given the right linemates, which the oilers have an abundance of from the lotteries.
    Are you stating that Eberle/Hall/Nugent-Hopkins are 3rd liners who can fill in at the top 6 if given the right linemates? Yakupov I could see fitting that description. EDIT: Nevermind, you must be saying those guys are 'right players' that fit with Pouliot. I was confused there for a bit!

Dobber Sports Pro

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Pro

My point was more that he would not net you what you would need. You would have to package a lot around him to get a deal close to having any effect on the Oilers team. But let's breakdown Pouliot and see how valuable he actually is:

- 29 Year old LW
    - Has played for 6 different NHL teams
    - Highest points in a season is 36
    - Has missed 51 games in the last two years

I have watched a lot of Oilers hockey and he has looked better the last two years but he's a depth player at best on a good team. At 4 million here are some similar priced players Carl Haglin, JVR, Abdelkader, Colin Wilson etc. These are just one's at around 4 million not including players who are way better deals for less. I believe the Oilers were the first team to give Pouliot a multiyear deal...
    Im with you in the sense that my opinion would be that Pouliot doesnt have much trade value, but its basically confirmed that the Oilers had offers for Pouliot last season, especially with Anaheim, the Pat Maroon deal was rumoured to be a larger deal with Pouliot and a Ducks dman involved(Montour?) but it didnt pan out, then Anaheim made the move for Perron.

That was last year tho and I think Pouliots value is much lower now considering the injury, and more importantly the expansion draft, I dont see the Oil protecting 30yr old Pouliot, nor would I see whoever potentially acquired him wanting to do that.

anyways....Id love Lucic in Edm, desperate for a guy like that, Patty Maroon improved this team immediately just with his competitive nature, and hes a straight up plug, Lucic has the skill to boot.
    Im concerned about his health long-term, the guy is a clinically diagnosed hunchback, and back issues are death to a pro athlete....but im willing to roll the dice since Daryl Katz is loaded and can buy him out in the future if it comes to that
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I mean. These romour threads are getting kind've out of hand. All Bobby Mac said is Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton would all be interested in Lucic. We're going to start a "rumour" thread for each one? Come on now, stop spamming.