Thread: Zacha

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Zacha

What are people's thoughts on this guy? Upside with hits included...

Thanks in advance
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Zacha

I'm hoping for him to be like a Benn-lite at his best, 65-70 points with all the hits, pims, shots, shorties, etc
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Deity

He's a budding power forward, plain and simple. The big question will be who NJ can surround him with that will offer the support.

I think he can be a solid 65+pt guy most seasons. As far as hits go, it's hard to say because they don't track those stats in Jr hockey but at 6'3" and 200+lbs, he wont be afraid to throw his weight around.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

I saw Zacha play on a number of occasions last year and I came away unimpressed. He was good, but didn't dominate.

A friend of mine was also on the Sarnia Sting and I asked him what was going on with Zacha - did he have a nagging injury or was it something bigger?

He told me Zacha was lazy and lacked motivation. It could have been due to the time of the season when I asked (mid March) but I found his comment about his laziness raised a red flag for me.

Perhaps something to watch going forward......
    WHL - 24tm multicast salary partial keeper
    19 Active / 6 Reserve / 15 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3F/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/ A/ +/- /PIM/SOG/PPP/Hit/Blk/FOW-C
    Goalies: GS/W/OL/GAA/SV%/SV/SHO/ShL/A

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bulls View Post
    I saw Zacha play on a number of occasions last year and I came away unimpressed. He was good, but didn't dominate.

A friend of mine was also on the Sarnia Sting and I asked him what was going on with Zacha - did he have a nagging injury or was it something bigger?

He told me Zacha was lazy and lacked motivation. It could have been due to the time of the season when I asked (mid March) but I found his comment about his laziness raised a red flag for me.

I'd agree with this. Felt the same way each time I watched Sarnia play. He was very Alex Nylander-ish in that "give me the puck" & "screw going after it myself" attitude. He does get ticked off pretty easy and I think he'll supplement the hits and pims categories at the next level. But he needs someone to light a firecracker under ass.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bulls View Post

Agree with this for sure....he is either really lazy or really slow one or the other. Kid can shoot and finds open ice well without the puck so there is no doubt he will be able to put up some numbers if any coach at the next level will trust him. But don't expect him to be a plus player IMO, he lacks any urgency on the back check.

Dobber Sports Stud

Good insight on this. Thanks guys.
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Stud

Not super high on Zacha myself. He shows glimpses of dominance at times, but his lackadaisical attitude keeps me wanting more.

You can't teach elite skill, but team's often discover that you can't teach desire either.

I think he'll end up being a bit of bust at his draft spot but should become a serviceable NHL'er and with tantalizing plays/games but continual struggles to maintain it over the long haul.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Pro

He's a great player but unless the Devils do something to get some young talent he'll never be anymore than a 65 point player if you ask me. I definitely think the laziness/attitude problems had to do with him feeling like he didn't belong in Canadian junior hockey. It's certainly a red flag, though.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    He's a great player but unless the Devils do something to get some young talent he'll never be anymore than a 65 point player if you ask me. I definitely think the laziness/attitude problems had to do with him feeling like he didn't belong in Canadian junior hockey. It's certainly a red flag, though.
    Do you mean that he felt he should have been in the NHL last season and thus didn't get it up for CHL hockey? Because those tendencies were certainly there in his draft season as well.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.