Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: No Hockey? Cut to the Music

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: No Hockey? Cut to the Music

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I've recently decided to listen to the top 500 albums of all time according to Rolling Stone. I just finished 472. CTRL by SZA. A couple of the songs were catchy but god the lyrics made me want to throw myself in front of a bus.

So far the surprises are early Shakira (496) sounding so much like Alanis Morisette and Miranda Lambert's "The Weight of These Wings" (480) being much better than I expected.

Damn. This is an awesome idea - and you should stick with it.
    I love trying on new music... but I share an office with my wife - and sometimes the less mainstream stuff (say, Frank Ocean) she says "What is this?" and I feel like I have to turn it off.

You should start a fresh thread. I'd love to read it:
    Doulos' Top 500 Album review.
    List the albums - one at a time, only as you review them (not the whole list at once) and your thoughts.
    I'm sure some of us could chime in with what we remember of that artist and/or that album.

I'd be all for finding treasure albums through your efforts!!!

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm not knowledgeable enough to really review all of the albums. A lot of them are people I don't really know all that well.

Just finished Surrealistic Pillow bu Jefferson Airplane though and loved it. Obviously the two big songs (White Rabbit and Somebody to Love) are popular, but there's some other really good songs on it.

Dobber Sports Genius

The boys are still at it.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent