Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: No one's talking about Bjorkstrand eh...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: No one's talking about Bjorkstrand eh...

Great thread, I have Bjork in a dynasty keeper league and can't wait for him to play this fall. To everyone saying he needs a good puck moving centre to play with, what about Wennberg? I know he's young but he's not too small and had 32 assists in his second NHL season. Can't Wennberg be the guy to play with Bjorkstrand?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: No one's talking about Bjorkstrand eh...

Quote Originally Posted by bergman View Post
    Great thread, I have Bjork in a dynasty keeper league and can't wait for him to play this fall. To everyone saying he needs a good puck moving centre to play with, what about Wennberg? I know he's young but he's not too small and had 32 assists in his second NHL season. Can't Wennberg be the guy to play with Bjorkstrand?
    Wennberg is the guy I've been trumpeting as the best set up man for Bjorkstrand and for obvious reasons. I think Wennberg is a pretty underrated player actually. He's just 21 years old and played last season in a role that was probably above his head for the most part... seeing L1 and L2 centre duties.. but he performed admirably and even exceptionally for glimpses.

He's not a number one centre on a good team, but he's got a lot of nice tools and together, him and Bjork could form a pretty slick duo; especially with a big power winger on the other side.

I know we've spoken about Tortorella being a fan of OB and playing with his dad.. but from the people I speak to, it's rather challenging to look seriously at any CBJ players right now. The team is in trouble and Torts' style is going to limit any real scoring effectiveness.

I think most people would love to take Werenski and Bjorkstrand in this coming draft, but they may end up shying away for comparable guys from better organizations. I can understand this rationale..however,

I think this situation, while maybe not ideal for the very short term just from a pure offensive standpoint, both of those two young players have a really good chance to see solid minutes and likely power play time. Those opportunities will be big for their development (so long as they're not thrust into roles they're not ready for yet) and should help provide a boost pursuing their ceiling potentials.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.