Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No one's talking about Bjorkstrand eh...

Dobber Sports Stud

Default No one's talking about Bjorkstrand eh...

Just thought we could get a little current dialogue going with the new Calder Cup MVP.

The 20-year-old produced 10 goals and 16 points in 17 playoff games this spring including SIX game winners and THREE OT winners..crazy clutch. He also impressed in his cup of coffee with the Jackets, scoring eight points in 12 NHL games.

The knock against him has always been his strength and whether or not he'd be able to produce in the big bad NA pro ranks. Well, the AHL is a muckers league and he's done well. 29 points in 51 regular season games as an AHL rookie and the breakout playoff run.

As a real candidate to start the season in CBJ - especially if they move out a guy like Hartnell - where do people like him compared to other '14/'15/'16 prospects heading into fantasy drafts?

A 20/20 season seems like a reasonable ceiling for next year if he sticks...what'd you think?

Attached Images Attached Images
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: No one's talking about Bjorkstrand eh...

He's been on my 16'-17' draft list, going back to March, when he ended the year strong in Columbus. I love his potential to breakout for 55-60 points next year. A lot of good young talent being injected into the Jackets' lineup next year. Puljaarvi, Werenski, a full season of S Jones and Bjorkstrand.
    6 Team no limit Keeper. Cap league $100m
    Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, Wins = 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1
    12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 6 Reserve (any position)

Forwards
    Crosby $8.7
    Stone $9.5
    Svechnikov $7.7
    Debrincat $6.4
    Hall $6
    Meier $6
    Guentzel $6
    Ehlers $6
    Hertl $5.6
    Konecny $5.5
    Palat $5.3
    JT Miller $5.2
    Garland $4.9
    Kakko $.9
    Laff $.9

Defense
    Josi $9
    Burns $8
    Letang $7.2
    Nurse $5.6
    Werenski $5
    Sergachev $4.8
    Fox $.9

Goalies
    Shesterkin $5.6
    Ullmark $5
    Hart $3.9
    Blackwood $2.8

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Big Baby View Post
    He's been on my 16'-17' draft list, going back to March, when he ended the year strong in Columbus. I love his potential to breakout for 55-60 points next year. A lot of good young talent being injected into the Jackets' lineup next year. Puljaarvi, Werenski, a full season of S Jones and Bjorkstrand.
    That would be a pretty tremendous season for the youngster. I believe he has the ability to produce at that level one day, but even with the infusion of talent, he'll still be coached by Torts and won't have a premier distributor to get him him the puck.

The likely best case scenario is he clicks with Wennberg on a 'second' line and see PP2 ice.
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. Please disregard this thread!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. Please disregard this thread!!
    I know how you feel, but word will get out, here especially. I like him for 40 pts next season, and then lots of room to grow beyond that.
    I think we have to temper expectations when he got beaten in playoff scoring by a defenceman on the Marlies who played a handful less games than he did
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

I...am your father.

I'll be talking about him in the Ramblings, that's for sure. And if you use the word "ceiling", do it right! In his rookie year he 'could' get 70 points. Almost certainly won't...but he 'could'. So that's the ceiling!

I think he makes a great dark horse rookie pick. Not only for this playoff performance, but Torts really likes him. I haven't done the full analysis on him or Columbus yet for the Guide, but I'd bet I'll put him down for something in the high-40s as a rookie. A lot will depend on what they do July 1st

Great topic
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm excited. I own Bjorkstrand in a very deep dynasty league and I really could use some quality NHL games from him. Here's hoping!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I'll be talking about him in the Ramblings, that's for sure. And if you use the word "ceiling", do it right! In his rookie year he 'could' get 70 points. Almost certainly won't...but he 'could'. So that's the ceiling!

I think he makes a great dark horse rookie pick. Not only for this playoff performance, but Torts really likes him. I haven't done the full analysis on him or Columbus yet for the Guide, but I'd bet I'll put him down for something in the high-40s as a rookie. A lot will depend on what they do July 1st

Great topic
    Nice call on the mis-use of Ceiling. He does have a much higher roof than 20/20. That should have been the 'safe bet' rather than best case.

I love his passion and ability to show up when the games matter most. Via Aaron Portzline.. 47 - 46 = 93 points in 76 playoff games since coming to NA. 13 of those were GWG.

He's got the goods, and if Torts likes him, he'll get the ice. Serious dark horse potential

Dobber Sports Ace

Youngster had 8p in 12gp to end the year.
    6 Team no limit Keeper. Cap league $100m
    Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, Wins = 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1
    12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 6 Reserve (any position)

Forwards
    Crosby $8.7
    Stone $9.5
    Svechnikov $7.7
    Debrincat $6.4
    Hall $6
    Meier $6
    Guentzel $6
    Ehlers $6
    Hertl $5.6
    Konecny $5.5
    Palat $5.3
    JT Miller $5.2
    Garland $4.9
    Kakko $.9
    Laff $.9

Defense
    Josi $9
    Burns $8
    Letang $7.2
    Nurse $5.6
    Werenski $5
    Sergachev $4.8
    Fox $.9

Goalies
    Shesterkin $5.6
    Ullmark $5
    Hart $3.9
    Blackwood $2.8

Dobber Sports Padawan

Hey, I was talking about Bjorkstrand a little in the Sunday Ramblings...

http://www.dobberhockey.com/hockey-r...kets-panthers/

I didn't attempt a projection, but he's certainly capable of 40 points, although I'd be surprised if he gets over 50. A lot to expect from a rookie playing in John Tortorella's shot-blocking system, even if Torts has a mancrush on him.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Padawan

Torts and Oliver's father were teammates. After a slow start he finished with 32 pts in his last 38 ahl games.
    Head-to-Head/ yahoo/ 16 teams/ dynasty league

C, C, C, C,
    LW, LW, LW, LW,
    RW, RW, RW, RW,
    D, D, D, D, D, D,
    G, G,
    BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN,
    IR, IR,
    IR+, IR+, IR+, IR+, IR+,
    NA, NA, NA, NA, NA

(G), (A), (PIM), (PPP), (SOG), (HIT), (BLK)

(W), (GAA), (SV%), (SHO)

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Nifty Mittens View Post
    Torts and Oliver's father were teammates. After a slow start he finished with 32 pts in his last 38 ahl games.
    Well that is interesting and good news for OB's owners.

Dobber Sports Stud

Tortorella definitely plays the guys he likes, so if he's smitten with Bjork, then thats a big plus. However, we'll see if that continues during the course of a long, arduous, shot-blocking season.

I'm still concerned with who's going to pass him the puck with Wennberg being his best option to link up with. CBJ needs a 1C badly to dig themselves out of the well.. at the very least they need that 1C prospect.

With all the talk of Jarmo looking at alternatives at #3.. it does make a ton of sense to drop down into the 6-9 range, grab another asset or two and draft Logan Brown, Tyson Jost or Clayton Keller. I think Brown has to be the most desirable of the three though.. so much size and potential.. exactly what you want in your foundational centre.

Maybe AZ dishes them #7 and #20 to grab Puljujarvi.. they're loaded down the middle and hooking Strome up with Domi(LW) and Puljujarvi(RW) would be a filthy top line moving forward.

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Lots of people were talking about him during the season. We've just been a little preoccupied with other things the last couple months. Can't put my finger on what though......

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Lots of people were talking about him during the season. We've just been a little preoccupied with other things the last couple months. Can't put my finger on what though......
    Was it the Toe Wrestling Championships..? That one always grabs my attention during these boring spring evenings. Maybe the International Rock, Paper, Scissors Championships?

And I know there's been talk. Plenty of it I'm sure. Just thought we'd get a current thread rolling on this guy as his stock has shot up the last few months with the strong audition in the big show and the great Calder Cup run.

Keep on, keepin' on.