Thread: Bye Weeks Next Year

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Bye Weeks Next Year

What is your keeper league doing next year as a result of the proposed bye weeks? Anything?

I am worried that goalie starts might be affected if teams are off for a full week as our league is H2H. I am slightly worried about the rest of a possible imbalance but goalie starts really concern me.

I would like to have any changes figured out before the schedule is released and it affects every manager differently. Anyone else doing anything?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Bye Weeks Next Year

Until we see something concrete about how this is all shaking out, there's not much we can really do to plan for it. Same as in football, make sure you have a cover plan for your bye weeks, and otherwise proceed as normal.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Once the schedule is posted, might want to bring up the bye week to your commissioner. Some fantasy platforms are able to adjust the schedule thus avoiding any small weeks, or bye week problems.
    WHL (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.25), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Braham Pietasters
    C(3): Barkov, Seguin, N.Schmaltz
    LW(3): Gaudreau, Pacioretty, Hinostroza
    RW(3): Radulov, Mantha, Dadonov
    F(3): Bailey, Thornton, Vanek
    D(6): Josi, Jones, Krug, Leddy, Ellis, Miller
    G(1): Bishop (Sparks)
    Bench: T. Wilson (RW), Boyle (C), Pirri (C), Boyd (C)
    Farm: Myers (D), Husso (G), Soderstrom (G), Petersen (G), Anderson-Dolan (C), Pilut (D), Capobianco (D), Aho (D)

Dobber Sports Superstar

That's an interesting question and not one that is easily fixed. As I understand it next year between Jan 1 and Feb 28th every team will get one 5-day period where they are totally off (no games or practices) I've heard it called "bye week" and "reading week" (lol) in different articles. Obviously this week only affects head-to-head leagues that use week-to-week scoring.

I think the easiest thing to do is get the schedule early and let managers plan for their goalie bye weeks (like in fantasy football), picking up spot starts if available. In really deep leagues where every starter, backup and 3rd string is taken managers are going to have to hope they have enough starts or make a trade, or suck it up and take the loss. That seems better than trying to come up with some very complicated formula whereby a team's bye week doesn't score. Teams should be prepared for at least one goalie injury and given that the bye week is known 4 months out planning shouldn't be that difficult.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    In really deep leagues where every starter, backup and 3rd string is taken managers are going to have to hope they have enough starts or make a trade, or suck it up and take the loss.
    Absolutely! SUCK IT UP
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Administrator

IMO it's like any other challenge you encounter throughout the year. Plan accordingly.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust